Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Can't promote fleet members
08-20-2013, 11:15 AM
For whatever reason, I appear to have lost the ability to promote members of my fleet. Yes, I'm still an officer and the fleet leader hasn't changed what I can do, so that isn't the issue. The promote button still appears, and I click it, and then nothing happens. I was able to promote people fine yesterday so I don't know what the issue is, but it seems like a pretty big issue to me.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?
Captain
# 2
08-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Does your fleet have multiple leaders? If so what might have happened is one of them tried to demote the other. There was a change last week so that if one leader tries to demote another then all promote/demote powers in the fleet are disabled for a period of two weeks. This is to give other leaders a chance to "rescue" the demoted leader.

Last edited by peetapipmac; 08-20-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-21-2013, 07:05 AM
Yeah I realised afterwards that that's probably the problem lol. Not actually a bug for once huh?

Well anyway, problem solved I guess.
Career Officer
# 4
08-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Good job Cryptic. Because two of our FA's decided to test out the system to see what would happen, you've all but crippled one of the largest and most active fleets in the game.
Career Officer
# 5
08-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Good job Cryptic. Because two of our FA's decided to test out the system to see what would happen, you've all but crippled one of the largest and most active fleets in the game.
Thanks for testing that out for everyone else!
Captain
# 6
08-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
I know I shouldn't but lol
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Career Officer
# 7
08-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s1701 View Post
I know I shouldn't but lol
I know, right?

I knew as soon as I saw Fleet Leadership changes in a patch note that they wouldn't test it properly and something bad would happen.
Captain
# 8
08-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Quote:
I know, right?

I knew as soon as I saw Fleet Leadership changes in a patch note that they wouldn't test it properly and something bad would happen.
What did you expect? No MMO I have played thus far thoroughly tests out changes like they should, which is the leading cause for many of the bugs in the first place.

If you have come to the forums to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet
Lieutenant
# 9
08-27-2013, 04:29 PM
I gotta say, I'm hating this. I can see not being able to promote leaders, but not being able to promote or demote at all is, yes, crippling. We have almost 400 people. *someone* is ready for a promotion almost every day. We're getting a backlog of bitchy people who are waiting on the demotion of one leader who wanted to self demote because of illness.

Can this rule be changed to bypass self-demotion?

Does it have to apply to the whole fleet?
Commander
# 10
08-28-2013, 02:03 AM
This has to be one of the most poorly thought out features of this whole change in fleet leader promotion/demotion/kicking. Yes something had to be done about fleets being stolen, the rescue system and limit on how many fleet leaders can be demoted at once was good idea. The idea however that you put an entire fleet into lockdown for 2 weeks, not able to promote anyone to any rank, is just absurd. I don't know how else to describe it, how they could no see the problem here is just beyond comprehension.

The other problem, nearly as bad, is if a leader has more than one alt you can only demote 1 alt at a time, locking the fleet down for 2 weeks, but then his other alts can rescue the demoted one, making it impossible to remove someone regardless how many leaders agree. This also means that if you have 1 leader with a hacked account the other leaders are powerless to do anything about him and he can do as much damage to he fleet as he wants, just can't steal it.

Maybe next time you go and decide to make major changes to fleet leadership you should actually bother to consult with the leaders of some of the games top fleets, I guarantee you any of us could have seen both these issues coming a mile away.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)

Last edited by john98837; 08-28-2013 at 02:06 AM.