Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lieutenant
So I have the Romulan space set and I have a problem with the Torpedo Launcher. Since I have a beam boat I tend to fire at my enemy broadside mostly, so when I want to fire my torp I need to turn towards the enemy for a brief period. However, mostly when I do this, the torp doesn't fire, even though the cooldown gets triggered. They do fire normally when I am pointing towards the enemy once the cooldown is finished (so if I don't turn broadside, it fires continuously with no problems). I hope I explained this clearly enough.

Is this a known problem? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help/fix would be appreciated!

Cheers

ha99ard
Lieutenant
# 2
08-20-2013, 12:23 PM
So, either no one knows what I'm talking about or I'm just the only one experiencing this
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-21-2013, 08:00 PM
i have seen this happen on all targetable torpedo weapons.
for example tricobalt and breen cluster and so on.
Lieutenant
# 4
08-22-2013, 01:40 AM
This might be a noob question, but what do you mean by targetable weapon? Are there different types of torps (besides damage types)? It's quite annoying as it lowers my DPS quite a bit.
Commander
# 5
08-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Targetable torpedoes are those that you can lock-on to and shoot down.
So photon, quantum, plasma etc are not targetable.
Heavy plasma, Romulan plasma, tri-colbat, Breen cluster, etc are targetable
Lieutenant
# 6
08-23-2013, 02:03 AM
Oh ok thank you... so is this a bug? Working as intended? Something that can be done about it?
Lieutenant
# 7
08-23-2013, 06:31 AM
They are meant to be targetable. You might try setting your rom torp to autofire by right clicking it, get you some projectile doffs to reduce those cooldowns too. Once you've got target lock with rom torps you don't have to be facing your target. Swing your bow around into it's arc and back out and they'll fire while you're broadsiding. You'll need to re-establish target lock after each volley though, that's why a decent turn rate is good for a broadsiding cruiser.
Delirium Tremens
XO of Training
Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
5 Toon No Win Scenario Veteran
Join us at www.dtfleet.com

Last edited by silverrain79; 08-23-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Lieutenant
# 8
08-24-2013, 02:08 AM
Wow, I hope that works, I'll try that asap. If it works, I love you
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Im not sure if this is still in play but I've read and heard that Rom Torps have an animation bug, if you're slightly out of the arc or into it.. they "wont show up" but might appear some time later in front of ur ship.

They seem (animation wise) to fire from the front area of ur ship. Ive only seen them show up a few KM in front of my ship if im moving to much but thats about it, using DHC so I dont go into side angles much.

When they dont show up at all, do they still damage your target or show up around your target at some point ?

-V
Lieutenant
# 10
08-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Still the same problem, the target lock doesn't seem to work. Whenever I turn the ship from broadside into the torp arc the torps don't show up at all, and there's no damage from them either. They only work when I'm facing the target when the cooldown resets.