Captain
# 21
08-22-2013, 11:14 AM
I mentioned, somewhere in the last discussion thread, toying with the idea of writing a longer, multi-post piece, in the tradition of some of the other writers around here.

I got around to writing an introduction for one of the main characters, and it rather fits the theme of this challenge - indeed, actually uses the phrase "long, strange road" at one point. So, what the heck, I'm putting it up.

(And I see it has some elements in common with @jonsills's entry... well, there are lots worse people to have elements in common with!)
Captain
# 22
08-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Hmmm...
I was also contemplating a dual time-frame story for this entry. Back to the drawing board...
Ensign
# 23
08-22-2013, 12:46 PM
@shevet: Oh my word, that was amazing! Really, really great read, absolutely loved it! The characters were great, and they all had their own distinct voices and personalities, which can be difficult in such a short piece! The premise was really interesting, too, and I liked how you framed it with the present day and jumps into the past.
Captain
# 24
08-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
HOLY CRAP DUDE! You put a Wraith loose on your ship? That story needs to continue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
I'm going to assume we're thinking about the same type of Wraith, and note that my younger brother actually made a costume that vaguely resembles a male Wraith using the Federation alien generator.
Well technically i already have been writing more about him, he's my main toon in the game. This was just me going back and telling how he came to be onboard the ship. I haven't seen a whole lot of SG:A, to know about their wraith.... unless you're talking about a different kind from that, in which case then i'm completely lost.
Captain
# 25
08-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Atlantis Wraith is indeed what I was thinking of. The genetic experiment about the subdermal poison gland is what made me think that (Atlantis Wraith suck life force out of their victems via touch, so though different details, similar enough to make a connection with the name).

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
# 26
08-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Atlantis Wraith is indeed what I was thinking of. The genetic experiment about the subdermal poison gland is what made me think that (Atlantis Wraith suck life force out of their victems via touch, so though different details, similar enough to make a connection with the name).
I might have to go back and what that now, the only one ive seen was part of the one with Trip from enterprize
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Posted mine.

I'd like any responses I get, as well as helpful criticism.

I hope it opens a new side to my character.
Captain
# 28
08-22-2013, 11:24 PM
Very nice, Shevet.

The story of how Ronnie got liberated without any outside assistance would definitely be an interesting one...seems like there's something there.

Her reaction to assimilation and the irreversible aspects of her Borgification reminds me of my own Admiral N'Riuw, who in my take on the STO universe is one of the lead figures in Task Force Omega. N'Riuw lives hard, parties hard, and drinks hard, perhaps as a way of giving the Borg the middle finger. He's very much on the edge of spinning out of control...an adrenaline junkie because the rush proves he can feel.

Is there something similar going on in Ronnie, maybe?

Grau and N'Riuw would be a scary combination for any bar that managed to contain both of them at the same time, for sure.

One question for you guys...I've done some looking, and does anyone have any specific information on what was going on in the STO universe in Cardassian space from the years 2400-2407? I am toying with the idea of writing a story about Alyosha when he was the XO of the Avandar.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Ensign
# 29
08-23-2013, 04:59 AM
My entry now posted, I dreadfully wait for the merciless hammer of critcism to come down on me...

Seriously, I just decided to leave the X'es of the background story in place, a secret mission and a worried relative trying to fill those gaps.

Hope you enjoy it and I'm open for any constructive hints.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Other then one little spelling error, I very much like the way you looked at this challenge, Arxeblu.