Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 21
08-22-2013, 04:35 PM
I mailed a couple items to me just 2-3 days ago, the mails were still there yesterday, now they are gone. So yea.. i lost some items too.

Any mail i send to myself atm isn't arriving either. And yes i have a ton of old mails from the past... but those shouldn't count for the limits!

Any mailsystem that just eats mails when the box is full is poor design anyway.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Republic Veteran
# 22
08-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiiy View Post
I mailed a couple items to me just 2-3 days ago, the mails were still there yesterday, now they are gone. So yea.. i lost some items too.

Any mail i send to myself atm isn't arriving either. And yes i have a ton of old mails from the past... but those shouldn't count for the limits!

Any mailsystem that just eats mails when the box is full is poor design anyway.
Like I said earlier in the thread, if you delete some of the earliest mails, you'll see newer ones appearing.

The earliest mail I have is June 25 - I'd be happy to delete most of my inbox - but I am not going to sit and delete each and every mail, when there are hundreds to delete and it's two clicks per mail to delete. It will take hours to delete every mail to unlock upto the end of August.

As the patch said, we've been limited to viewing 300 mails - but for some reason, it seems to be our earliest 300.
Republic Veteran
# 23
08-22-2013, 05:11 PM
The problem I have here is that a lot of my mail is "Item sold in exchange" crap.

Those messages take up a LOT of space and it is infeasible to delete the hundreds of those by hand. As such, I think it would be a good idea to either enable mass delete again, or make it so the exchange notices don't take up space against the inbox.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
This is getting really annoying now. Mail missing again. Why can't they tell us these things before they implement them?

Ticket #1,940,559
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
Career Officer
# 25
08-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhodgson View Post
Like I said earlier in the thread, if you delete some of the earliest mails, you'll see newer ones appearing.

The earliest mail I have is June 25 - I'd be happy to delete most of my inbox - but I am not going to sit and delete each and every mail, when there are hundreds to delete and it's two clicks per mail to delete. It will take hours to delete every mail to unlock upto the end of August.

As the patch said, we've been limited to viewing 300 mails - but for some reason, it seems to be our earliest 300.
You might be right on that, theres some limit how many it shows it seems.. after deleting some older ones newer ones started to show up again.. oddly yesterday i saw all of em without problems. They need to add some status display to the window so we know how much room we have left or how close we are to some display limits.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Empire Veteran
# 26
08-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiiy View Post
They need to add some status display to the window so we know how much room we have left or how close we are to some display limits.
Agreed

Also, a 'select all' button would be nice too, and/or allow us to shift/ctrl select multiple emails in inbox to make mass deletions in under an hour possible.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Benthan, Voth Fighter. Favs - Bulwark, Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Nicor, Mat'Ha
Some others - Qib, Orion Marauder, Guramba, JHEC, JAS, Bastion
Ensign
# 27
08-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Cryptic pls learn something from Granado Espada Dev team.. they gave warning to players what they are going to do during maintenance and adviced them to remove anything from xchange or mails which could be lost during the process. how about that? learned something from them already? ok enough about that.. I want my missing emails back pls.

Thanks
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
08-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armitas View Post
mails again gone - next time test those changes
if you want them to test it maybe it should be you that needs to get on tribble and help test instead of griping when the %^&* hits the fan.

and just to clarify I am not missing mails
Ensign
# 29
08-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Got to report that after latest patch I have stopped to receive new e-mails altogehter... I still have blinking notifications... but e-mails are missing :S

Last edited by sheeplika; 08-22-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Ensign
# 30
08-23-2013, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
if you want them to test it maybe it should be you that needs to get on tribble and help test instead of griping when the %^&* hits the fan.

and just to clarify I am not missing mails
First - as a publisher it is on your responsible to test changes before updating/patching and not the fault of the gamers. The gamers dont get payment for testing anything on tribble - so pay us for testing. Cryptic gets the money from the gamers and on the other hand the gamers can expect that Cryptic test new content before publishing it.
Second - if only showing 200 or 300 mails - then why not the newest instead the oldest ?
Third - the limit includes not only STO - the CO mails get counted too and i think NWO too.