Ensign
Silly me, I was under the impression that I was going to be able to continue to trade in eggs and raise birds since the bird lady was still on Risa AFTER the summer event ended. I thought I had time to trade in all my senior birds sitting in my bank and decide witch ones were pretty enough to keep.

Now it seems I get to keep them all.

At least the console in Quarks Bar on DS9 allows a player to trade in epohhs from the winter event... but if you have pets from the summer event, well I guess too bad for you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Same here. I wish we'd get a little notice before cash-in periods abruptly end. So now what do we do with all the left-over Risa bird eggs? The summer event itself was great but this ends it with a fizzle.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-23-2013, 01:02 AM
They did put up plenty of notices. Not thier fault you kept on breeding up till the event ended.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-23-2013, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga1en View Post
They did put up plenty of notices. Not thier fault you kept on breeding up till the event ended.
I saw notices that the event would end. I don't recall any notice about ending the cash-in of birds. Perhaps I missed it.

The Q Winter Wonderland event allowed us to redeem our items at DS9 for a period of time after the event closed, which was nice. So why not do the same thing now?
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-23-2013, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enterprise1701ax View Post
The Q Winter Wonderland event allowed us to redeem our items at DS9 for a period of time after the event closed, which was nice. So why not do the same thing now?

Give it time, i bet they have something there. They took a while to put the console for winter event on ds9.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Career Officer
# 6
08-23-2013, 03:39 AM
Yeah, look for them to bring in something that converts lohlunat favors and birds to gold-pressed latinum in the next patch.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

An Introduction to the Gorn (RP guide) / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 7
08-23-2013, 03:43 AM
After the winter event packed up, the Epohh tag researcher person left. So now I have unused tags in my bank.

They gave plenty of notice on the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 8
08-23-2013, 07:33 AM
they should have added a info in the patchnotes one thursday
Level 50 Cpts: W-T-Riker; Jadzia; Sharan; K'Dhan; T-W-Riker; T'Pok; Ehrehin; Shanara; Karana; Lukara
Subscribed For: 1200 Days 23-08-2013
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
08-23-2013, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enterprise1701ax View Post
I saw notices that the event would end. I don't recall any notice about ending the cash-in of birds. Perhaps I missed it.

I guess you did miss it.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=954911

Quote:
NOTE: The Ornithologist, and the ability to turn in Tropical Birds and Eggs, will also be unavailable when the event ends on the 19th.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.