Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 1031
08-23-2013, 03:05 AM
Haven't bothered with the tour since they "fixed" it. I wonder what the stats are on whether more or fewer people are playing it now.

Also still waiting for prices to drop, as promised, on the exchange. Ha.
Career Officer
# 1032
08-23-2013, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongemaharu View Post
Haven't bothered with the tour since they "fixed" it. I wonder what the stats are on whether more or fewer people are playing it now.

Not played since the Nerf bat got swung.....only matter of time till they

NERF STFS WITH A 4 HOUR COOLDOWN SO WE CANT EXPLOIT the marks events..
Empire Veteran
# 1033
08-23-2013, 05:33 AM
Quote:

People still run it, but far fewer than used to. I do every now and then and pretend the devs don't hate me lol. But I don't bother with rp or di - doesn't matter anymore - and hence the spirit of a "race" is totally dead. Only reason to run it now is to farm a small amount of ec - yes FARM - exactly the thing I'm sure the devs didn't want.

Sarcasm on.....
I bet this has been great for the sale of racing uniforms in the Zen store....
Sarcasm off.....
Lt. Commander
# 1034
08-23-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by getabigdogupyou View Post

Please don't give them any more ideas.
Empire Veteran
# 1035
08-23-2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by getabigdogupyou View Post

Nah.

You see the nerf hammer that was swung at Tour is a truly "special" hammer.

This hammer sits in a vault deep in the bowels of Cryptic hq and is guarded by dragons and trolls. When it is needed, Branflakes goes to the vault wearing only a loinclothe showing off his extremely ripped and muscular body and has a sword strapped to his back named "Money". When the hammer is removed, it is said that the faint hum of angels and harps can be heard off in the distance and the Earth shudders beneath everyone's feet.

The hammer is then taken by Branflakes to his master, dStahl, in the highest tower of Cryptic hq. There, in his flowing dark purple robes, dStahl and Branflakes in his loinclothe must dance the Harlem shake so that the mood may be set for the use of this glorious hammer.

After the Shake, the two masters of their world must carefully consider their use of such a magnificent example of blacksmithing. You see, the hammer's use must catch all by surprise. It's use must only apply to the most innocent and harmless subjects of their realm. It's use should warrant songs for 40,000 nights and 1,000 posts. And above all else, it's use must be epic overkill. Finally, to keep the hordes of their minions appeased, anything at which the hammer is swung must be dragged through the mud, spit upon, and called vile names like "exploit". It is only then that dStahl may raise the hammer, with the sun shining brightly behind him highlighting his mighty outline, and bring it down in one final thunderous crushing blow.

After its use, Branflakes reverently carries the hammer back to its cold dark resting place, where it silently waits to summoned again. Branflakes then retreats to his own abode forgetting all that just happened.
Lt. Commander
# 1036
08-23-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
Most of the 100 pages are posts by the same people with the same arguments (both for and against).

And obviously, you're not one of those that can be bothered to do it if you are only noticing now a whole month after the changes were made.

And there's a saying somewhere in here about a dead horse.

And yet here you are. . .
Lt. Commander
# 1037
08-23-2013, 07:35 AM
Quote:

AND, as I predicted, prices have actually risen bringing about a black market to obtain the same items at reasonable prices as other players EXPLOIT the needs of newer STO members through the exchange and call it 'fair value'....

nice job nerfing the one event I truly enjoyed and worked towards earning more effective means of accomplishing the task, which for at least 18 months (longer than I have been onboard) was an effective means of earning sufficient EC without having to be logged in 24/7 grinding away for mere pittance. You do realize that a vast majority of your user base have to earn a living and spend time with family, leaving precious little time for your mmo grindfests, do you not?

Last edited by bradchristopher1; 08-23-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Captain
# 1038
08-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradchristopher1 View Post
AND, as I predicted, prices have actually risen bringing about a black market to obtain the same items at reasonable prices as other players EXPLOIT the needs of newer STO members through the exchange and call it 'fair value'....

nice job nerfing the one event I truly enjoyed and worked towards earning more effective means of accomplishing the task, which for at least 18 months (longer than I have been onboard) was an effective means of earning sufficient EC without having to be logged in 24/7 grinding away for mere pittance. You do realize that a vast majority of your user base have to earn a living and spend time with family, leaving precious little time for your mmo grindfests, do you not?

Odds are if prices are to ever fall it will take months, unfortunately with new releases on boxes that will stifle it even longer. I predicted before hand that prices wouldn't be stagnate or become inflated as people are making less EC's for the given time played.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Lieutenant
# 1039
08-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneyeper View Post
Nah.

You see the nerf hammer that was swung at Tour is a truly "special" hammer.

This hammer sits in a vault deep in the bowels of Cryptic hq and is guarded by dragons and trolls. When it is needed, Branflakes goes to the vault wearing only a loinclothe showing off his extremely ripped and muscular body and has a sword strapped to his back named "Money". When the hammer is removed, it is said that the faint hum of angels and harps can be heard off in the distance and the Earth shudders beneath everyone's feet.

The hammer is then taken by Branflakes to his master, dStahl, in the highest tower of Cryptic hq. There, in his flowing dark purple robes, dStahl and Branflakes in his loinclothe must dance the Harlem shake so that the mood may be set for the use of this glorious hammer.

After the Shake, the two masters of their world must carefully consider their use of such a magnificent example of blacksmithing. You see, the hammer's use must catch all by surprise. It's use must only apply to the most innocent and harmless subjects of their realm. It's use should warrant songs for 40,000 nights and 1,000 posts. And above all else, it's use must be epic overkill. Finally, to keep the hordes of their minions appeased, anything at which the hammer is swung must be dragged through the mud, spit upon, and called vile names like "exploit". It is only then that dStahl may raise the hammer, with the sun shining brightly behind him highlighting his mighty outline, and bring it down in one final thunderous crushing blow.

After its use, Branflakes reverently carries the hammer back to its cold dark resting place, where it silently waits to summoned again. Branflakes then retreats to his own abode forgetting all that just happened.
Threadwinner.

I disagree with the proposition that the cooldown somehow ruins the economy... but this post is poetry. The only reason to keep this thread open is to sing the praises of the poster and his wordsmithing.
Republic Veteran
# 1040
08-23-2013, 08:04 AM
We can all thank the whiners who kept harping on about exploit this and exploit that. This in turn gave Cryptic carte blanche to nerf the living hell out of it. You showed them! You QQing bastages.
Closed Thread