Captain
# 11
08-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I don't like that as some "teams" may decided to bully other players who have been playing by kicking them before the mission completes. Goodness knows that my connection seems to habitually drop right at that point in either fleet actions, STFs, or PvP matches causing me to not gain a reward or mission credit (for the PvP missions).

The game is suppose to automatically log out any players who have been idle for 15 minutes to clear space for other players trying to log in. I propose that that same mechanic automatically kick players from Fleet Actions, STFs, and PvP matches after 5 minutes of not participating. 5 minutes should be enough time for MOST people who need to make a quick ELR (Emergency Lartine Run). If a person needs longer than that to take a dump, then they probably didn't need to click the "Engage!" on the pop-up in the first place. They can queue and then run to the toilet, and then join after they return.
so you just like to fail missions and getting placed on CD cause someone decides to just sit there idle?
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Captain
# 12
08-23-2013, 01:13 PM
there is a simple fix. Those players you have on 'ignore' you can't query up with. So those who go idle, you just 'ignore' and they have a harder time joining those games.

In the meantime, use the stf channel. If there's an idle player, you as host, ignore those and they can never rejoin your games.
Captain
# 13
08-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaftravis05 View Post
there is a simple fix. Those players you have on 'ignore' you can't query up with. So those who go idle, you just 'ignore' and they have a harder time joining those games.
This is potentially a fix, but it's far from simple, it only looks that way because you're thinking about a single player.

Think about the following queue:

A is ignoring B
B is not ignoring anyone
C is ignoring A, D and F
D is ignoring B and G
E is not ignoring anyone
F is ignoring A, B and C
G is ignoring E and F
H is ignoring A

I think it's pretty clear what a massive headache matchmaking becomes? It could still be done. It would be a fix. But not a simple one. And queue times would become substantially longer as your ignore list increases, which is another complication.
Captain
# 14
08-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
This is potentially a fix, but it's far from simple, it only looks that way because you're thinking about a single player.

Think about the following queue:

A is ignoring B
B is not ignoring anyone
C is ignoring A, D and F
D is ignoring B and G
E is not ignoring anyone
F is ignoring A, B and C
G is ignoring E and F
H is ignoring A

I think it's pretty clear what a massive headache matchmaking becomes? It could still be done. It would be a fix. But not a simple one. And queue times would become substantially longer as your ignore list increases, which is another complication.

this, plus the game would have to be rewritten to check ignore lists.

its not "simple"
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Career Officer
# 15
08-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Sigh... this... again...

We've gone beyond beating a dead horse here. I think we are beating the glue and dog food the dead horse became at this point.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Captain
# 16
08-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
Sigh... this... again...

We've gone beyond beating a dead horse here. I think we are beating the glue and dog food the dead horse became at this point.
Not far enough, at this point its tracking the dog poop the food became around while beating the books the glue was used to make.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)

Last edited by tekehd; 08-23-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Captain
# 17
08-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekehd View Post
Not far enough, at this point your tracking the dog poop the food begame around while beating the books the glue was used to make.
You can complain about the threads all you like, but as long as the problem exists, people will keep making them.

Since you have the ability to *not* read the threads, I think the people who are beating the dead horse are actually those who complain about the threads' existence.
Captain
# 18
08-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
You can complain about the threads all you like, but as long as the problem exists, people will keep making them.
Yes, and the extreme small minority of people who are hell bent on making a mountain out of a molehill for this pretty minor issue can keep making them all they like.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Captain
# 19
08-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekehd View Post
Yes, and the extreme small minority of people who are hell bent on making a mountain out of a molehill for this pretty minor issue can keep making them all they like.
Please show the statistics on how minor an issue this is.
Captain
# 20
08-23-2013, 02:15 PM
it's pretty minor.

except for the few diehards who wont let it go after they made their point and feel they need to make it over and over and over and over....and over....