Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these societies from ST: Voyager would you most like to encounter in STO?
The Kazon 329 15.89%
The Vidiian 348 16.81%
The Krenim 925 44.69%
The Malon 70 3.38%
The Hierarchy 211 10.19%
The Devore 187 9.03%
Voters: 2070. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Starfleet Veteran
# 21
08-23-2013, 02:40 PM
yeah , most people seem to conveniently forget that slipstream drive gets you there no problem , hell , they did it in the books so why cant it work in sto
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
# 22
08-23-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm still deeply disappointed that the community voted for Voyager. Not only was it the worst Trek, it's also bad television. I know some people have been able to reconcile their opinion of the show by accepting that Janeway was the villain rather than the hero... but I follow the viewpoint of many of the cast in thinking it was unwatchable tripe.

Less Voyager the better.
Republic Veteran
# 23
08-23-2013, 02:43 PM
so after reading all that it pretty obvious that if every one had voted for ds9 then a cardassian faction would have finally been highly likely

for this poll I went with the krenim. despite my dislike for time travel and alternate universe stuff. that episode was one of the better ones voyager had. after everything that happened right at the end. you see him working on calculations! which leaves you left wondering about it.

also on the I wonder what happened to ??!? from a episode I recall janeway and paris get it on as some kind of creatures on planet and well have babies lol I always wonder what happen to them lol

not sure anything from voyager is worthy of the word 'expansion'. if playable faction helps define expansion then tng+ds9 has cardassians.

hirogen are cool from voyager but you couldn't bolt them in to the federation it wouldn't be ethical. klingons would be far too good as prey for them to be buddies. maybe the romulan fRaction. but it's a pretty weak connection now you've tried to destroy the ISE.

playable borg faction. possibly the worst idea ever in sto history. flying a cube? or sphere. if you want you make 1 of start trek greatest nemesis look pathetic. go right ahead and do it.
Ensign
# 24
08-23-2013, 02:43 PM
I voted Krenim because ... timetraveling

But flying Borg Ships would be cool, if there would be some sort of non-collective Borg (thinking of Hugh ect, I know TNG not VOY) which can friendly interact with Fed ect. Maybe even Custom Borg ships

Last edited by markus1566; 08-23-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Ensign
# 25
08-23-2013, 02:44 PM
My question is : Why not the Gamma quadrant? You already have a gateway there, and only a little bit has been explored. Seems to me there is the opening you need. The delta Quadrant has a lot of stuff, but like you said, there is no "easy" way to get back and forth from there. Therefore you might want to give another star system another wormhole like bajor to the Delta. Or just work on the gamma quadrant first. MHO.
Career Officer
# 26
Wish the Vaadwaur were added to the list, they have a great potential for being storyline villians.

But Krenim are good too, since their storyline was left open ended where they appeared to start messing with time again.
Career Officer
# 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
I'm still deeply disappointed that the community voted for Voyager. Not only was it the worst Trek, it's also bad television. I know some people have been able to reconcile their opinion of the show by accepting that Janeway was the villain rather than the hero... but I follow the viewpoint of many of the cast in thinking it was unwatchable tripe.

Less Voyager the better.
I dunno, Evil Janeway is still in an interesting concept. Especially with the on going Iconian Subversion Arc we've got. Just saying Janeway = Hakeev.
Commander
# 28
08-23-2013, 02:45 PM
For me, the Krenim have the best "cool factor" here. The others, barring the Vidiians (who likely weren't legitimately cured by the Think Tank), just seem dull to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Resurrect exploration in STO!
Captain
# 29
08-23-2013, 02:46 PM
I had to look them all up on Memory Alpha. Needless to say, I didn't vote VOY.

Kazon...lol meh.
Vidiian...yawn meh.
Krenim...hey, that's Red Forman.
Malon...major meh.
Hierarchy...dull meh.
Devore...huh meh.

So yeah, no idea who/what the Krenim are...but I can think of dozens of Red Forman quotes to share for everybody that voted VOY...so I'm going with the Krenim.
Career Officer
# 30
08-23-2013, 02:46 PM
my take on how to incorporate the delta quad would be

A group of starfleet vessels equipped with slip stream make the long journey to the asteroid field where nelix lives. Once the ships are there then they start building a transwarp gate which connects to the one in the alpha quadrant. From there more constructions ships make there way through the gate and assemble a star base and ally them selves with the talaxians and nelix as the ambassador.

Then your free to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before
Closed Thread