Captain
# 31
08-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekehd View Post
Seeking counseling is a recommendation, not an insult.... there's nothing wrong with counseling. I've sought counseling myself for things before. It's a good thing.... especially when someone rages over minor things. Could be some sort of anxiety issue which needs proper management.
Lack of empathy is another good reason. Sociopathy.
Captain
# 32
08-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
Lack of empathy is another good reason. Sociopathy.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am very sorry for your occasional loss of an item in that estf once in awhile. I just don't think it bears enough to bother with, especially not to the level of most suggestions for attempting to prevent it. I certainly wouldn't want to see newer players geting kicked all the time for failing optionals just so that I can keep a leecher from grabbing one of my drops once or twice a week.... it's overkill.... way overkill.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Captain
# 33
08-23-2013, 04:20 PM
as long as they are getting away with it free and clear it is not going to stop..

being idle in fleet actions is not against the TOS.

the only thing you can do is leave.. start a private match and move on..
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Captain
# 34
08-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekehd View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am very sorry for your occasional loss of an item in that estf once in awhile. I just don't think it bears enough to bother with, especially not to the level of most suggestions for attempting to prevent it. I certainly wouldn't want to see newer players geting kicked all the time for failing optionals just so that I can keep a leecher from grabbing one of my drops once or twice a week.... it's overkill.... way overkill.
The problem is you're assuming that new players are going to be kicked all the time for failing optionals, with no real evidence for that.
Captain
# 35
08-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
so you just like to fail missions and getting placed on CD cause someone decides to just sit there idle?
You didn't even read my post did you? No, I said that if the server kicks players out of the game for sitting idle for 15 minutes, then it should be easy for the server to kick an idle player from a fleet action, STF, or PvP match for remaining idle for 5 minutes. That is basically one objective round in Mine Trap.

I do like the suggestion where ignored players can't be teamed in Fleet Actions and STFs. I hate having to deal with players I have added to my ignored list when I am in PvP matches. It seems like though I don't have to listen to their garbage, I still have to deal with their actions which may sabotage the match or STF just because they are being a jerk.