Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Commander
# 1041
08-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kineticimpulser View Post
Threadwinner.

I disagree with the proposition that the cooldown somehow ruins the economy... but this post is poetry. The only reason to keep this thread open is to sing the praises of the poster and his wordsmithing.
I concur with the praise, but the cooldown is still a nerf.
Lt. Commander
# 1042
08-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
Odds are if prices are to ever fall it will take months, unfortunately with new releases on boxes that will stifle it even longer. I predicted before hand that prices wouldn't be stagnate or become inflated as people are making less EC's for the given time played.
Rainmaking is always more of an art than a science, isn't it?
Starfleet Veteran
# 1043
08-23-2013, 03:54 PM
[I]Originally Posted by sneyeper View Post
Nah.

You see the nerf hammer that was swung at Tour is a truly "special" hammer.

This hammer sits in a vault deep in the bowels of Cryptic hq and is guarded by dragons and trolls. When it is needed, Branflakes goes to the vault wearing only a loinclothe showing off his extremely ripped and muscular body and has a sword strapped to his back named "Money". When the hammer is removed, it is said that the faint hum of angels and harps can be heard off in the distance and the Earth shudders beneath everyone's feet.

The hammer is then taken by Branflakes to his master, dStahl, in the highest tower of Cryptic hq. There, in his flowing dark purple robes, dStahl and Branflakes in his loinclothe must dance the Harlem shake so that the mood may be set for the use of this glorious hammer.

After the Shake, the two masters of their world must carefully consider their use of such a magnificent example of blacksmithing. You see, the hammer's use must catch all by surprise. It's use must only apply to the most innocent and harmless subjects of their realm. It's use should warrant songs for 40,000 nights and 1,000 posts. And above all else, it's use must be epic overkill. Finally, to keep the hordes of their minions appeased, anything at which the hammer is swung must be dragged through the mud, spit upon, and called vile names like "exploit". It is only then that dStahl may raise the hammer, with the sun shining brightly behind him highlighting his mighty outline, and bring it down in one final thunderous crushing blow.

After its use, Branflakes reverently carries the hammer back to its cold dark resting place, where it silently waits to summoned again. Branflakes then retreats to his own abode forgetting all that just happened))
End

Threadwinner...
how can we let this happened?..a one sided solution with no input whatsoever from the community as opposed to the whiners from Foundry or PVP who only have threads less than 10 pages long or so yet whatever they whined about gets resolved really quickly.
[

Last edited by crusader2007; 08-23-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Lieutenant
# 1044
08-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Will you pathetic whiners get over it? They fixed an exploit and had every right to fix it as they own the game.
Playing since launch in 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 1045
08-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Sir, you are a troll, and frankly quite beneath most people you're trying to demean here.

I know it's not the most civilized thing to say, but it's true, and someone has to say it.

Please go away.
Commander
# 1046
08-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
You're supposed ot do the entire tour silly people.
I would start the tour.... usually 10 minutes late... complete the tour, then use what ever time's left to get as far as i can in a a repeat. Seamed fair. The faster your ship, and your navigation skills, the more EC you were rewarded... until they dulled this out with a 1 lap limiter... kinda makes me not interested in doing the race anymore. I had a 2 lap personal record waiting for me to beat.
Captain
# 1047
08-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblargh View Post
Sir, you are a troll, and frankly quite beneath most people you're trying to demean here.

I know it's not the most civilized thing to say, but it's true, and someone has to say it.

Please go away.
Regardless of the presentation, his statement was factually correct (according to Cryptic).
Lt. Commander
# 1048
08-23-2013, 04:15 PM
If nothing else, though his question was nothing but inflamatory garbage for which i'm not sure i'm allowed to use the proper language to describe here.

It's people like this lady that have consistently brought the level of this thread straight down, and it's honestly becoming quite the annoyance.
Career Officer
# 1049
08-24-2013, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneyeper View Post
People still run it, but far fewer than used to. I do every now and then and pretend the devs don't hate me lol. But I don't bother with rp or di - doesn't matter anymore - and hence the spirit of a "race" is totally dead. Only reason to run it now is to farm a small amount of ec - yes FARM - exactly the thing I'm sure the devs didn't want.

Sarcasm on.....
I bet this has been great for the sale of racing uniforms in the Zen store....
Sarcasm off.....
That too is true. DI and RP are basically pointless now.
Captain
# 1050
08-24-2013, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongemaharu View Post
That too is true. DI and RP are basically pointless now.
Yep, I don't even require points in driver coil for my newest toon nor a transwarp engine. 30mins is all it takes at warp 10 weak sauce. Pretty much makes the reason for transwarp engines, di, and driver coil boost pointless. Oh and the weak 45k+ ec earning potential per hour the tour is now worth.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Closed Thread