Ensign
# 1 Map Not Duplicating Properly
08-23-2013, 10:23 PM
I have been away for a while. About a year ago the foundry went offline and stayed that way for a LONG time. I got annoyed and left. Good thing too because I would have been furious if I had waited them out only to find out that changes to the art assets had broken my maps and I might not have come back.

Anyway I'm back now and I've pretty much fixed my published missions. I'm now working on a sequel to them that I started almost a year ago, and I've hit a snag.

I am building a federation outpost and I have been using walls and cylinders to create shuttlecraft landing markings in a foundation block. It looks awesome but, needless to say, in order to work the objects must be offset in the Y axis VERY precisely. Within .002 units.

The problem is I need a duplicate of the map for when the players exit one of the buildings, but when I duplicate the map the foundation block is being raised about .120 units. No amount of tweaking is giving me the degree of altitude control I need to recover or recreate the offsets I need to preserve the "markings".

Am I just SOL? Should I just delete the landing pad markings? Or is there some way to get finer control over object placement on the Y axis that I'm missing?
Career Officer
# 2
08-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Turn "Snap to grid" off.

It's one of the options at the top

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Ensign
# 3
08-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Worked perfectly! Thanks!