Captain
# 21
08-22-2013, 04:11 PM
I recently had the idea of Cryptic just selling alternative Bridge modules (BOFF layouts) for already existing ships, like the Assault Cruiser, Star Cruiser and GCS for example.

So the fans (we ) could finally have the chance to fly our favourite ships and have fun while Cryptic could make some cash by selling additional Bridge modules from time to time.
The replacement could be charged for another 250 Zen, similar to a character trait respec.

This mechanic would only work for older ships like the GCS, Intrepid, Defiant, Ambassador and so on.

For a Cruiser there could be a range of availlabe basic Bridge modules, like Assault Cruiser, Star Cruiser or GCS.
For a small fee the player would be able to replace the existing BOFF layout with one of the above.
(the same applies to other ship types too, of course)

Later, Cryptic could release different BOFF layouts, like lockbox ship layouts for example.
The price for such a bridge module could be around 1000 Zen.
Another way to unlock different BOFF layouts would be the reputation system (OMEGA; M.A.C.O.) which would open up some interesting combinations.

The same thing could also work for Console Layouts of course.

So people wouldn't be forced to fly a differnt ship just to get the chance to have a certain BOFF layout.
I think Cryptic would make a awesome load of cash with such a system.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

The "TT and/or AtB less builds" - Thread
Commander
# 22
08-23-2013, 02:29 AM
I actually wouldn't mind this idea above.

Replace the Ensign Tac on the Defiant with something useful. Three tac teams are too much, and the other Ensign abilities are too unhelpful to do anything.
Check out my Odyssey Uniform, based on the Vulcan woman who was on the STO page during Season 6: New Romulus! (*Skirts and pants uniforms are listed*)
Captain
# 23
08-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Regarding the Galaxy Class in STO, i think the most simple version of a Mirror Galaxy Class would be to make her Lt. Science and Ensign engineering into universal BOFF stations.
The same should be done with the T5 Star Cruiser and Assault Cruiser, as well as with their KDF counterparts. (Negh'Var Heavy Battle Cruiser, Vor'cha Battle Cruiser Retrofit for example)

The Console Layout should be made a more balanced, like 3, 3, 3 similar to the Ambassador Class which is a very good balanced ship IMO.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

The "TT and/or AtB less builds" - Thread