Ensign
So I've skimmed the forum and tried nearly every fix (reboot, reinstall with Arc instead of Steam, adding exceptions to my firewall/antivirus, old patches, new patches, etc.), including the last link that appeared a few days ago.

I've been shut out of the game for a couple of days now because the Cryptic launcher fails to autoupdate and then blames my internet connection. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. The first two days, I figured it was the universe telling me to get off my butt and do other things. Now, I am less amused.

Any tips/tricks for a mildly computer-literate person to try?
Career Officer
# 522
08-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by argylemongol View Post
So I've skimmed the forum and tried nearly every fix (reboot, reinstall with Arc instead of Steam, adding exceptions to my firewall/antivirus, old patches, new patches, etc.), including the last link that appeared a few days ago.

I've been shut out of the game for a couple of days now because the Cryptic launcher fails to autoupdate and then blames my internet connection. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. The first two days, I figured it was the universe telling me to get off my butt and do other things. Now, I am less amused.

Any tips/tricks for a mildly computer-literate person to try?
Are you using Verizon as a ISP? If so, you might want to read this thread... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=815691
Ensign
# 523
08-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Thank you so much--I did not realize that Verizon had its own issues (which, in hindsight, seems so obvious. Of course it would be you, Verizon). Am attempting a few of the things suggested now.
Ensign
# 524
08-08-2013, 03:11 AM
What is the deal with the launcher? I love this game. It is by far the best MMOPRG I have encountered...when it lets me in the front door. Sucks, but the frustration of dealing with launcher problems constantly is driving me towards deleting my account. I would rather not have the game at all than to be restricted to random access.
Ensign
# 525 it dosent work
08-10-2013, 03:31 PM
the link gives me the exact same problem
Ensign
it didn't work for my problem acually it was my problem i cant get the launcher to updatehow do you fix thatplese
Lieutenant
# 527 What now?
08-25-2013, 08:24 AM
I've tried the links and everytime the launcher pops up I put in my pass and it's loading. Then when the load bar gets to the middle it give me the crash screen and wants me to fill out why it crashed...Soo what happened now please?
Lieutenant
# 528
08-25-2013, 10:28 AM
I can access the tribble account and CO but not the normal STO...Care to explain please?
Career Officer
# 529
08-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Using WLAN? If so change to wired then see if there's a difference.
Lieutenant
# 530 Can you FIX IT?
08-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Nope I'm quite wired, but for some reason it always say that it needs to update the launcher then after it does it would stop in the middle of the launch after I click the engage button...But the tribble and CO account work normal, I can access them with no problem, soo I think the problem is on PW side....