Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
Just Saying... I Think There Is A Lack Of Conversation/Interest/Care In The KDF Fourms... To me, It Feels Like We Are Alone...

I sometimes see 2 week old posts stay near the top 5, again, without having a new comment for 2 weeks...

Etc. Etc... Do you notice this... and if you do... what do you think?
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Captain
# 2
08-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Well, first, the forums are always slower on the weekends - plus now we have people returning to school which makes forum less of a priority. While it might seem like I've been on the forums a lot over the last month I've actually spent a ton of time with my kids getting them ready for school to start on Monday. I haven't even played the game for a month now.

Second, you have KDF players asking questions on the main forum - such as someone asking about new Gorn traits there rather then in the KDF forum. If the dedicated KDF players are willing to post outside the forum what hope does the forum have?

Finally, this section of the forum is a bit of an angst pit. There's too many KDF players constantly bytching about what happened in the game 3-4 years ago, who just won't move on. Some people are just happy to play the game and don't want to be told how much it sucks for the KDF because it took them 3 years to get mission content or whatever. There's too much KDF anger in this section of the forum. It scares people away. Heck, my son loves all-things Klingon but I won't let him anywhere near this forum. I'm probably not alone there.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 3
08-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Are you joking? KDF forums, inactive? There are 35K posts in the Fed gameplay forum...and 43K in the KDF gameplay forum. Sure, by comparison, our SHIPYARD section is a little dead, but can you blame them? Remind me again, what was the last KDF ship in the C-Store...wasn't it the Bortasqu, over a year ago? It is entirely understandable that Klingons have nothing to talk about shipwise...the last KDF ships just went obsolete about two weeks ago when the Monboss put the last remaining bastion of KDF shipping, the Battlecruiser, to pasture.
Empire Veteran
# 4
08-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Are you joking? KDF forums, inactive? There are 35K posts in the Fed gameplay forum...and 43K in the KDF gameplay forum. Sure, by comparison, our SHIPYARD section is a little dead, but can you blame them? Remind me again, what was the last KDF ship in the C-Store...wasn't it the Bortasqu, over a year ago? It is entirely understandable that Klingons have nothing to talk about shipwise...the last KDF ships just went obsolete about two weeks ago when the Monboss put the last remaining bastion of KDF shipping, the Battlecruiser, to pasture.
Yep. Last KDF Ship Bortasqu'... And now all our ships mean NOTHING... when a Vesta etc... mean the win of the PvP Or PvE
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Survivor of Romulus
# 5
08-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Have you noticed most of the Fed forums (Gameplay & Shipyard) are people complaining about the Galaxy R &X, begging for a Constitution or Miranda to be made T5 uber ships or for a Fed version of one of our ships?

Other than that it's people asking for help.

I asked for advice a few days ago, got plenty of responses and consider the problem solved.

Perhaps our forums are more effective since we solve problems, and resolve to work with what we have.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Perhaps our forums are more effective since we solve problems, and resolve to work with what we have.
^This I agree with
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Captain
# 7
08-25-2013, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Have you noticed most of the Fed forums (Gameplay & Shipyard) are people complaining about the Galaxy R &X, begging for a Constitution or Miranda to be made T5 uber ships or for a Fed version of one of our ships?

Other than that it's people asking for help.

I asked for advice a few days ago, got plenty of responses and consider the problem solved.

One can also ask questions at First City and not get the dumbass answers one would expect from ESD.

It may be dead quiet at times at First City / Qo'nos, but in general, help can be attained and not regularly have the stupid zone chat as they do in ESD.

As for talking about ship builds, for us now it's mostly new players asking them. Our lineup has received no attention for endgame ships in a long, long time, so there really is not much to talk about, other than bringing up gripes and suggestions.
Captain
# 8
08-25-2013, 11:38 PM
I've noticed for a while now that the people who play klingons mostly tend to be vets or people who know what they are doing. It's kinda like the next level up, once you master the fed side then you move on to Klingon. Having to have a fed toon first for a while probably helped build that thought process.

Harden up Princess
Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
www.ausmonauts.com
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
08-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Wow, only 3 posts before the inevitable mighty klingon warrior temper tantrum over Cryptic doing or not doing something. You guys are getting better and better at taking potentially productive threads down into the gutter of whining with something completely unrelated to the topic.

Maybe the reason noone visits the KDF forums is because for three years you guys have cried yourselves hoarse over everything and nothing and noone takes you guys seriously anymore.

The KDF faction players are like the girlfriend you put up with because you're afraid of being alone, but the sad fact of the matter is all she does is whine and complain and you just have to tune it out to keep the peace.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-26-2013, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
Wow, only 3 posts before the inevitable mighty klingon warrior temper tantrum over Cryptic doing or not doing something. You guys are getting better and better at taking potentially productive threads down into the gutter of whining with something completely unrelated to the topic.

Maybe the reason noone visits the KDF forums is because for three years you guys have cried yourselves hoarse over everything and nothing and noone takes you guys seriously anymore.

The KDF faction players are like the girlfriend you put up with because you're afraid of being alone, but the sad fact of the matter is all she does is whine and complain and you just have to tune it out to keep the peace.
Pro trolling