Career Officer
# 1 A Romulan Fleet
08-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Yes, I know this is in the wrong section, but there is a perfectly good reason for that. Allow me to explain; I'm actually in need of four people to help me make a Fleet. I have a Romulan character and wish to create a Romulan (Klingon aligned) Fleet.

I know there are plenty of Fleets already out there, but I have my reasons for desiring a new one. I have earlier today travelled to both Qo'nos and New Romulus and (via chat) have asked for assistance. I've not been able to get a team of five together, and so I figured I'd drop by here and see if anyone is willing.

I'm on Qo'nos now, though should I have left by the time anyone reads this, a meet can be arranged.

I know this is a fair bit to ask, though I'd really appreciate it.
Career Officer
# 2
08-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I hope you don't mind but just a bit of friendly advice? If you aren't keen to join an existing fleet and would indeed rather create and manage a new one yourself you might want to look at what it is you intend to do differently from other existing fleets out there and use that to attract members. There are lots of different fleets with lots of different selling points but unless you give people a reason as to why they should join yours you are probably going to find it harder than it needs to be to get yourself started off and to develop at a decent rate. Please don't take that as a criticism, you want to create something and that is cool but it is probably going to be easier for you if you show people what your vision is and why they might wish to share in it with you. I hope it goes well for you
Career Officer
# 3
08-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5626 View Post
I hope you don't mind but just a bit of friendly advice? If you aren't keen to join an existing fleet and would indeed rather create and manage a new one yourself you might want to look at what it is you intend to do differently from other existing fleets out there and use that to attract members. There are lots of different fleets with lots of different selling points but unless you give people a reason as to why they should join yours you are probably going to find it harder than it needs to be to get yourself started off and to develop at a decent rate. Please don't take that as a criticism, you want to create something and that is cool but it is probably going to be easier for you if you show people what your vision is and why they might wish to share in it with you. I hope it goes well for you
That's all cool, and I appreciate the honesty.

As it stands though, I found some little helpers and have since created the fleet. I'll sell it later. I've a total of two members at the moment. Go Me!