Career Officer
# 11
08-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luciendaiska View Post
. . . I really hope they do something about this, either fix the problem or actually enforce consequences for people that want to do stupid crap like this.
I dont do it anymore but I did stupid crap like this, freeing Scimitars by myself in 45-60 sec without pew pewing . . . boy I was stupid
Lieutenant
# 12
08-27-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Maybe no one else but me finds this annoying as hell, but then again I'm sure there are some of you that do. Strategies are one thing, learning what works the best to clear the Tholians and free the imprisoned ship.
That is much more Star Trek what he did, saved the ship without making conflict with an other race, this is what you would see on Star Trek.

Let see what we are doing in every Star Trek Online mission instead of that. Going to somewhere, and just kill everything we meet there. Ok, its a game, would be boring if we always just talking, but for example, i really loved Nagorak's foundry missions, where you are able to play 2-3 hours without fighting against anything, if you answer the correct answer's.

Last edited by raulblanco7; 08-27-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Ensign
# 13
08-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Being someone who does this, as someone else said it's about strategy and not trying to be a pain. Most times however, I'll try to run off to a spot that no one else on the team is at. Sure, I could sit and fight...blow everything up...but why do that when it's quicker just to release the ship and move on? Cap the points, then blow things up is my motto. If I strictly wanted to blow things up there's the minefield, starbase defense (both 5 and 20) and just about every single other mission. Let us have one mission we actually have to think our way through instead of going all Klingon with it.
Captain
# 14
08-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Didn't know this was possible. Thanks, OP! Much more efficient to free the ships without fighting.

As to not getting the loot drops...Lots of other missions where shooting things to score loot are better. Much better.
Captain
# 15
08-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
In any case, I'd rather do a Mine Trap, (And a larger amount, too)
Leech trap is more like it.

I hate that instance, even if it is the best return for rom marks in the queues (besides speed runs on Rh'ihho.

You always get anywhere from 2-5 leeches across the four teams. Often one team will have to 2-man theirs and end up dragging everyone else down because PWE doesnt seem to ever ban leech players.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Career Officer
# 16
08-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Meh. I find the people who bail the moment the Dreadnought shows up in Fleet Alert FAR more annoying.

And yes, I know the reasoning behind it - Dreadnought kill only offers four fleet marks nand bailing means one can fly off and start all over again; but it's not like there is NOTHING else to play whilst Fleet Alert is on cooldown, and I find this 'tactic' pathetic and unimaginiative

I mean, I'm indifferent about the OP's issue with Azure Rescue as I don't see it all that often and someone doing that doesn't really have a direct impact on either me OR the mission as a whole.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 08-27-2013 at 08:18 AM.