Commander
# 1 New Koro'tinga skin...
08-27-2013, 09:03 AM
They should have made the D7 an earlier tier with less mountable weapons than the K'tinga. I think the Koro'tinga pipe look is great, but it appears less advanced than the K'tinga. It appears more streamlined than the K'tinga, but less durable. The K'tinga retrofit is ugly; enough said there. They should create a skin to replace the Koro'tinga that's more in line with the K'tinga, but just as robust in appearance. They could keep the solid structure body structure while making the bulbous front pod like the more streamlined Koro'tinga's. The main body of the Koro'tinga could also be used while keeping the K'tinga solid neck. Also, the housing on top of the Koro'tinga could be kept because it too has a more slim/aerodynamic appearance. That would be a great K'tinga retrofit. Players would drool to have one.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-27-2013, 10:06 AM
I know we don't have much choice here but just don't fly it. Even if you buy the Koro'tinga you can set it back to the K'Tinga, D7 or Retrofit.

Maybe they used better materials which is why it's less bulky.

Chances of Cryptic going back to fix a ship
Extremely Unlikely

Chances of Cryptic fixing a problem that only effects Klingons
Extremely Unlikely

I'd say there's more chance of you winning the lottery.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 3
08-27-2013, 10:11 AM
The Koro'tinga is actually made after the concept art of an Enterprise era battlecruiser.
And no, they are not going to replace it or remake it, ever, it would be wrong.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/D4_class_(concept)
Commander
# 4
09-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post

Maybe they used better materials which is why it's less bulky.
I like this! I'm going with it! Thanks!
Career Officer
# 5
09-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by senatorvreenak View Post
The Koro'tinga is actually made after the concept art of an Enterprise era battlecruiser.
And no, they are not going to replace it or remake it, ever, it would be wrong.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/D4_class_(concept)

Yep, the Koro'T'inga was originally intended to be the D4 on Enterprise, but due to complaints with the director, they stupidly opted to reuse the K'T'inga model used from Voyager.

Many fans were hoping they would do a swap when Enterprise went out on DVD and Blu Ray. But nope.

Cryptic saw the design and added to STO, but when we were thinking it was going to be a Starter Tier ship like the NX, they made it a mid-level cruiser and saying it was "Advanced" when the looks obviously say otherwise. /sigh Cryptic