Commander
I was recently given a used MAC pro laptop and I love it! I would love to be able to play STO while I am on the road, but it is IBM only right now. Are there any plans to support other platforms like MAC? That would be cool!

Thanks
Captain
# 2
08-28-2013, 07:39 AM
Yes. They've hired a team to do just that. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the year.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Yes. They've hired a team to do just that. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the year.
Source? .....
Captain
# 4
08-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyshark View Post
I was recently given a used MAC pro laptop and I love it! I would love to be able to play STO while I am on the road, but it is IBM only right now. Are there any plans to support other platforms like MAC? That would be cool!

Thanks
It can be already played on an Intel based Mac, just not under OSX.
Career Officer
# 5
08-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Source? .....
It was stated by Dan in one of these interviews or state of the game articles. I'll see if I can find it. But yeah, an actual Mac version is coming soon.

Edit: Here we go.

Quote:
In that vein, Stahl told me Cryptic is already "in negotiations" to get STO onto Mac as soon as possible. He believes that it's very possible we will see Mac accessibility by the end of the year and seemed excited about the potential for a number of different and creative ways STO players could utilize multiple platforms because the sci-fi nature of the game could lend itself well to multiple platforms in the future.
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...aniel-stahl-p/

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Captain
# 6
08-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
It was stated by Dan in one of these interviews or state of the game articles. I'll see if I can find it. But yeah, an actual Mac version is coming soon.

Edit: Here we go.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...aniel-stahl-p/
I thought it was the Priority One podcast interview where I first heard it.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 7
08-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I thought it was the Priority One podcast interview where I first heard it.
It's quite possible. I don't listen to podcasts so I can't say. That was just the first source I could remember off the top of my head lol. In any case yeah, Mac be coming!

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Captain
# 8
08-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
It's quite possible. I don't listen to podcasts so I can't say. That was just the first source I could remember off the top of my head lol. In any case yeah, Mac be coming!
There's been so many interviews over the last couple of months it's hard to keep track of them all.
Captain
# 9
08-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Linux, Linux, Linux!!!
# 10
08-28-2013, 08:27 AM
I'm glad STO is finally being ported for the Mac users. Now both of you can play on your Macs.