Republic Veteran
# 11
08-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidneutronium View Post
I'm glad STO is finally being ported for the Mac users. Now both of you can play on your Macs.
I see what you did there

“confession is good for the soul”

Republic Veteran
# 12
08-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I see what you did there
It's all in good fun. After all, Star Trek is all about fun. Until those bloody cardies came into the picture.
Captain
# 13
08-28-2013, 07:36 AM
When STO goes Mac then they can get Aron Eisenberg to do some voice over work.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Commander
# 14
08-29-2013, 08:29 AM
That's great news! I can't wait. Thank you for the update
Ensign
# 15 STO for Mac
08-29-2013, 09:38 AM
When is STO going to e available for Mac OS or Steam/Arc download for Mac?
Captain
# 16
08-29-2013, 09:57 AM
They're working on it now. It should be available for Mac by the end of the year.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 17 Mac Client??
08-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Awhile back DSthal mentioned a Mac Client was being developed? Any idea what the progress on getting this done is?
I just want to know, it would make it way easier for me to play... I'm not looking to debate the merits of OS as a operating system vs. Windows...
Captain
# 18
08-29-2013, 10:23 AM
As he said then, it should be done around the end of the year.
Career Officer
# 19
08-29-2013, 11:06 AM
My previous comment was moved to this thread. That's awesome to hear. I currently game on a Intel Mac but have to bootcamp to my windows OS.. it's a pain because all my work is done in the Mac OS. I hate rebooting just to play...
Career Officer
# 20
08-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Wouldn't it be cheaper for Cryptic/PWE to buy Mac users real computers instead of making the game playable on those glorified Tonka toys?

Runs and hides in his fire proof underground bunker while laughing like an evil maniac.