Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Master Foundry Bug List
08-28-2013, 11:35 AM
So the Foundry has a lot of bugs. A LOT of bugs. Many of which go back as far as the Foundry itself. I feel it's a little too easy for bugs to slip through the cracks. So I'm going to try and keep a record of what bugs are currently know to still be present. I know it's going to be long, but if it's worth the devs taking time to fix, then it's worth us taking time to document. When bugs get fixed, it'll also serve to list bugs that have gotten fixed.

I of course can't do this alone. If you have a bug that isn't on the list, post it below. The only condition is that it needs to be specific. "A buch of assets are broken" isn't helpful, but "The pivot point for Cave Wall 06, 07 and 09 is not centered" is.

I'll try and groups related bugs such as objects with texture errors. I'll be following up if I need more specifics. I don't know if this will work or if any of these will get fixed, but it's best if it's not because we didn't try.

Red = Critical Bugs (Bugs that are very publicly visible or cause severe problems for a multitude of authors.)
Yellow = Higher Priority Bugs (Bugs that cause widespread issues, but aren't as obvious as critical bugs.)

Bugs

• Space bridge officers in dialog boxes appear as generic officers instead of player bridge officers (Addendum: This appears to be caused by wider bug relating to Boff ordering.)
  • Custom sun lighting on space maps has no effect
  • NPCs disappear from preview if set to wander or jobs (especially player-placed platforms)
  • The mission rating and star value is missing on the project selection screen
  • Ship Contacts cannot be selected as contacts in dialog boxes
  • Using copy and paste to copy objects will reset the Y value of the selected object to 0. Duplicating will preserve the Y value.
  • The following NPC animations either don't follow their descriptions or fail to do anything
    • Draw weapon
    • Gloat
    • Hold Tricorder (both versions)
    • Sit - Captain Slow
    • Stand - Rifle
    • Stand - shotgun idle
    • Stand - shotgun ready
    • Talk- Gesturing
    • Undine - Idle look around (Tested on an Undine Ensign)
  • All Mood animations fail to show any facial expression in both dialog boxes and when applied to NPCs directly
  • Occasionally objects previewed in the right asset pane will show up in other asset previews widows as well as dialog boxes showing characters while previewing a map
  • Selecting a costume from the Project Maps tab for a dialog box fails to apply
  • Scroll wheel zoom doesn't work when hovering over a dialog box in the dialog editor. In larger dialog trees, this can be a huge inconvenience.
  • On semi-rare occasions, clicking on a dialog box in the dialog editor to edit text will immediatly close requiring several attemps for it to stay open. (This may be related to latency at high load times)
  • Assets listed in the map asset list (left pane) will not sort aphabetically until their name has been changed from their default name
  • When directly previewing a space map, one or more of the players bridge officers will spawn at the center of the map and fall repeatedly
  • Dialog Prompt Reached triggers fail to work properly if no objective has been placed on the map
  • Occasionally certain space NPCs will jump to coordinates (0, 0, 0)
  • A Component Complete will always trigger after a dialogue box, if it is selected as one of the trigger targets, even if there are multiple other targets which have not been completed yet. (Repo Steps)
  • The console command "/ugc_freecam 1" no longer functions.
  • When previewing a mission, if God Mode is already selected from a previous preview, it will fail to prevent the player's death until it it deselected and reselected.

Features Removed Because of Bugs (And Have Yet to be Returned)

• The ability to designate a mission as Romulan
  • Costume Import Export
  • Dialog with Object

Not Working as Intended

• When a player stops a mission party way through, they must go through completed versions of every map to get to the place they left off
  • Default dialog boxes lack a way to set the interact button text
  • The coordinate system was converted to meters but the snap to grid and sizes in the descriptions still use feet
  • Warp in animations loop instead of playing once
  • Beam Out animation ends with the NPC reappearing
  • Many romulan costume options were added but only have basic options available
  • Using multi-select to select an NPC group causes all NPC inside the group to be selected. This prevents the entire selected group from being copied or duplicated.
  • The following items are rooms, but the Foundry will attempt to push the player/NPCs out on spawn or when transitioning the object to visible
    • Transporter Room
    • Holodeck 01
  • Moving from a player map to a cryptic social map lacks any options to change the interaction dialog. (The default is of an Academy Cadet asking is you would like the go to the next map, which is very out of character.)
  • When map assets are listed for a map (i.e. when selecting the object for a Interact with Object objective) the list is sorter by object number, not alphabetically (This makes finding ibjects via the list difficult)
  • The Foundry mission search list has several issues
    • Top Rated search window only shows first 50 missions
    • Missions in Foundry misson list

Asset Errors

• A couple of interior maps have had their space cut in half causing part of the map to be inaccessable
    • Briar Patch Research Interior
  • Maps based on the older Klingon Great Hall have major geometry disappear on lower graphics settings. (Pic)
    • Qo'Nos Great Hall Interior
    • Qo'Nos Great Hall Under Attack
  • Colony building icons do not show on the map (Part of it shows up. mostly the tarp/overhang things.)
  • Attempting to select certain ship costumes in the costume editor results in a crash.
    • Elachi Battleship Drone
    • Kamarag class
    • Luna class (one of the skins)
  • Some ship costumes fail to display any geometry
    • Andorian Charal
    • Bortasqu Battleship (2nd Entry*)
    • Draguas Fleet science vessel
    • Elachi battleship (4th Entry*)
    • Elachi drone
    • Elachi Frigate
    • Elachi Shuttle
    • Galaxy X (1st Entry*)
    • Phalanx Fleet Science Vessel
    • Romulan Drone
    • Scimitar Type
    • Vesta Class
  • Mirror Universe NPC groups either use the beam out animation instead of the beam in animation or just fade in
  • Transporter Room asset will cause objects on pre-made maps to disappear
  • Some devices have pivot points well outside their geometry
    • Device - Borg Space 01
    • Door - Klingon 01
  • Several of the pre-placed assets in Moon Clearing map hover above the ground
  • Several of the Night - Exterior backdrops have transparent moons
  • Consoles that support the Job behavior for NPCs no longer show the icon representing this (This makes it impossible to tell which console support this feature)
  • The following assets should be removed
    • Odyssey Class Cruiser (4th Entry*) (This is a transitional version for the docking animations; The Foundry lacks any way to use this)
    • Odyssey Class Cruiser (5th Entry*) (This is a transitional version for the docking animations; The Foundry lacks any way to use this)
  • The following assets had no visual representation in the 2D editor
    • Forcefield - Broken 01
    • Forcefield - Horizontal 01
  • A number of space backdrops have clipping issues
  • Several of the plasma fire effects have switched from green to red
    • Plasma Leak Green 01
    • Plasma Fire 01
  • Wall - Door 01 through 08 are missing their light strips
  • Federation Lockers have random open/closed states (This causes issues when attempting to use specific versions)
  • The the bottom of the map, Olympic Bridge 01, appears to be too close to the floor of the room and will sometimes trigger the edge-of-map beam-out dialog (This only seems to occur after publish)
  • The following items are categorized as buildings but are actually detail objects:
    • Vulcan Vase - Large 01
    • Vulcan Vase - Large 02
  • Pool Cue Stick 01 description states it is laying flat, but it is actually standing up

Labeling Issues

• Ship Costumes
    • Odyssey Class Cruiser (1st Entry*) -> Odyssey - Chevron Only
    • Odyssey -> Odyssey Class Cruiser
    • Odyssey Class Cruiser (2nd Entry*) -> Odyssey - Stardrive Only
    • Odyssey Class Cruiser (3rd Entry*) -> Odyssey - Without Aquarius
  • Emotes
    • Tricorder emotes for both Federation and KDF are both labeled Tricorder making it difficult to tell the difference

* Based on the order in which it appears in the current version of the Foundry editor

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 04-25-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Fixed Issues

• Certain costume options only appear if they have been unlocked ingame
  • Preview load times multiply greatly when adding a an object or editing a costume
  • Many of the detail objects appear white in the map editor.
  • A couple of interior maps have had their space cut in half causing part of the map to be inaccessable
    • Ice Caves Interior 03

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 02-23-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Reserved because I really don't know how long this will get.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 4
08-28-2013, 05:28 PM
I'll add to your list as I come across stuff.

1. Colony building icons do not show on the map
2. NPCs disappear from preview if set to wander or jobs (especially on platforms in the sky)
3. X, Y, and Z boxes don't say X, Y, or Z.
4. Combat testing in preview mode is deceptive and unreliable.

There are so many that I'll have to just add to the list as I find them.

edit:

5. No way to change interact text on default object dialogs.

Last edited by kirksplat; 08-28-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Rihannsu
# 5
08-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I'll add to your list as I come across stuff.

1. Colony building icons do not show on the map
2. NPCs disappear from preview if set to wander or jobs (especially on platforms in the sky)

#1: PART of it shows up. mostly the tarp/overhang things.

Definately needs work.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 6
08-28-2013, 06:13 PM
i had some crash to desktop problems when creating a new space character, the issues came up when i selected some of the new(er) costumes, these are the ones that CTD'd me

-Elachi Battleship Drone
-Kamarag class
-(one of the skins) Luna class

At first i thought it was a coincidence , but after multiple crashes under the same conditions trying to load the ship it was pretty obvious that this was the cause

I'm also pretty sure that this will happen with many other classes of ship, but i'm sure as hell not going through all of them, though i thought perhaps a warning list of potentially crash causing ships may be helpful to authors

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......

Last edited by adverbero; 08-28-2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Misspelled one of the ship names
Rihannsu
# 7
08-28-2013, 07:59 PM
I noticed when tinkering a few days ago that some of the new editable ship costumes are blank boxes in the preview mode.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-29-2013, 08:04 AM
Okay, I've updated the list. This is good stuff. I know of a few more bugs but need to go quantify them befrore I put them on. Also, if anyone sees a bug on the list that gets fixed, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post

edit:

5. No way to change interact text on default object dialogs.
On #3, is this in the editor? In the properties bar? (Not in Foundry at the moment to check)

#4 Can you give more specific details on what is deceptive and unreliable?

Actually 5 was already on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adverbero View Post
At first i thought it was a coincidence , but after multiple crashes under the same conditions trying to load the ship it was pretty obvious that this was the cause

I'm also pretty sure that this will happen with many other classes of ship, but i'm sure as hell not going through all of them, though i thought perhaps a warning list of potentially crash causing ships may be helpful to authors
Yeah, this seems to occur when a costume is added to the Foundry but the geo isn't properly hooked up. If you can give me the names of any other assets that are causing crashes, I'll add them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I noticed when tinkering a few days ago that some of the new editable ship costumes are blank boxes in the preview mode.
Can you give me any specific ships that are doing this, Mark?

@greendragoon
Ensign
# 9
08-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Heck, I can't even create ANY ground character entry under the Costume tab. I hit Create Costume, give it any name, leave the Type on "Ground Character", and click Create.

BOOM! Crash to desktop.

For some reason, I can add Space costumes just fine so far.

Very frustrating.
Captain
# 10
08-29-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post

On #3, is this in the editor? In the properties bar? (Not in Foundry at the moment to check)

#4 Can you give more specific details on what is deceptive and unreliable?
Nvm #3. I just checked and they are back.

#4 Testing with my foundry toon results in incredibly easy combat. The play experience completely changes post-publish. So do mob behaviors. They still seem to disappearing or relocating to a different part of the map.

New #5. Object dimensions do not match coordinate dimensions. This makes object dimensions mostly pointless. It was not always so. When the Foundry launched the object descriptive dimensions in the preview screen, matched the size in the XYZ. So, if something was 4 high, then placing a second one at 4 Y would put it directly on top. Now we have to convert meters to feet or vice versa.