Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Commander
# 11
08-28-2013, 07:38 AM
I think this is more of a testimony to Cryptic as to why the Reputation System is stupid than it is a helpful tool for others.

Just sayin'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie
Career Officer
# 12
08-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Agreed with how ridiculous it is, but compared to other games grinds this is nothing. Maybe one mission a day focused on getting marks for one system (I do the Epohh pretty much every day, but I could see doing a Patrol every other). It doesn't even really feel like a grind, more like a addition to any DOFF mission I do...just without having to hunt around for them.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 13
08-28-2013, 11:21 AM
I am not sure if this is up to date http://sto.gamepedia.com/Reputation_System
Republic Veteran
# 14
08-28-2013, 11:59 AM
whoah guys, somebody beter revisit the math for Nukara. if you want Mk 12 space set, it is 900 marks per piece, 2,700 in all, not counting the bonus weap/console gimmicks.
everytime i think about trying to gring for the nuk stuff....i just sigh and move on lol.
Captain
# 15
08-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by similon View Post
Which begs the obvious question: Why is it only Omega Rep that has Elite Content? IF you could do a 15 minute mission to get 90-150 Romulan marks, I'd have maxed that out by now
You can get a boatload of romulan marks from Mine Trap. Though not 150 per run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Difficult for a KDF, simply because hardly any kdfers go tagging!
Just today, I ended up waiting for nearly 15 mins just to get 1 person to help with tagging. Thankfully, it's possible to get all 30 with only 2 people.
I just do it solo and get 3 tags per day. I'd rather finish and move on than stand around for 15 minutes.
Captain
# 16
09-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
Agreed with how ridiculous it is, but compared to other games grinds this is nothing. Maybe one mission a day focused on getting marks for one system (I do the Epohh pretty much every day, but I could see doing a Patrol every other). It doesn't even really feel like a grind, more like a addition to any DOFF mission I do...just without having to hunt around for them.
Just so you know. When someone says, "Cigarettes are bad for your health, but they are not as bad as alcohol", we call that an annoying political spin.

I do not care about what other games do for endgame content.

I only care about what "Star Trek: Online" does for endgame content.

Please stop "the political spin".

Please.

Link: Thank You For Smoking

Last edited by linyive; 09-17-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Career Officer
# 17
09-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Reputation System Master Shopping List...
Trhrangerxml, thanks for taking the time to collate and post this info. Your list is going to come in real handy. Thanks!

Edited to add:
Quote:
1526 Nukara Marks (20x CEE during Rep Bonus Hours)
1526 Omega Marks (18x ESTF during Rep Bonus Hours)
I don't always get to run my missions during their Bonus Hours, and typically run just the basic CE mission... Does this math look correct to you?

1526 Nukara Marks = 39 CEN (during non-bonus hours, at 40 Marks per run)
1526 Omega Marks = 21 ESTF (during non-bonus hours, but w/optional, at 75 Marks per run)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
I love that movie!

When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. RIP Terry Pratchett. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 09-19-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Added question about the Mark calculation...
Career Officer
# 18
09-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Honestly I wouldn't know about CEN, I don't really run the normal, but the total marks is the total marks needed so if you divide you'd get about about 38, so 38-39 would be a safe bet. As for STFs, I think there is also a chance that you can be given random extra marks on completion, just like BNP that you may find you have all the marks you need earlier.

Career Officer
# 19
09-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Honestly I wouldn't know about CEN, I don't really run the normal, but the total marks is the total marks needed so if you divide you'd get about about 38, so 38-39 would be a safe bet...
Cool. Thanks for checking my math.

Quote:
...As for STFs, I think there is also a chance that you can be given random extra marks on completion, just like BNP that you may find you have all the marks you need earlier.
Yes, you think correctly.

For each Elite STF you get your 60 Marks (+15 for making the Optional), one BNP, and then you get two drops.

The drops roll against a rewards table that offers gear, bonus BNP, and bonus marks. I know BNP are 5 per drop (which is why you'll walk away from a mission with 1, 6, or 11 BNP). I never seem to notice for sure the Mark bonus amount, though.

When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. RIP Terry Pratchett. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Career Officer
# 20
09-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Ran out of Expertise again, this has to be my least favorite part of the rep system, this shouldn't even be a part of it.