Career Officer
# 11
08-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Will this be before or after the Iconians appear everywhere and obliterate everyone's fleets and colonies?
It is kinda looking like a Mass Effect scenario isn't it? But this is a story and the good guys always win but not without some losses. But reverse engineering advanced tech from an defeated enemy is usually how things go in a war.
"I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105

Last edited by kylelocke; 08-20-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Lieutenant
# 12
08-22-2013, 08:32 PM
The Voth shouldn't have relations with the Iconians.
It really cheapens their backstory and gives them a weak excuse for them to implement them.
They're from the Delta Quadrant, perhaps they're here with Hirogen or Kazon mercenaries, though they do not treat them nicely according to their beliefs (All non-Voth have no rights to them).

The Voth's backstory could be a planned gigantic invasion to Earth, as enough scientists researched and persuaded them that they proved the Distant Origin Theory, which would horrify them, as Humans have no rights, but yet so similar to them by having a common ancestor. They could attack out of retribution, eliminating all of humanity to preserve purity among their race. This could be a Federation-only FE like the Fek'ihri to the Klingons or Elachi to the Romulans, since the Klingon Empire and Romulan Republic (KDF) will not intervene in such a conflict.
Commander
# 13
08-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Well, thinking about it, the Voth could have been one of the Iconians attackers seeing as the Iconian empire was galaxy wide.
Empire Veteran
# 14
08-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captz1pp View Post
I saw the next FE seems to have the Voth turning hostile and having a potential relation to the Iconians, that implies two far more advanced opponents, that will be less interesting than Cryptic thinks.

I cant imagine how we're expected to fight 2 races* some million years ahead of us, better for their leaders to come here thinking they can prove there is no earth, failing and needing our assistance with rioting, or something.

*Iconians were beaten 200,000 years ago, no telling how much older then that they are.
First the word is SPECIES NOT RACES... Second STO is nowhere near Canon anymore so does it matter?
Commander
# 15
08-22-2013, 11:34 PM
I said race because hasn't been confirmed whether Iconians are Mammal's, Reptile's, or Insect's as of yet, all we saw was an old picture of a red being with some metal "ribs" on it and a feature-less hologram in the new romulus cut-scene.
Captain
# 16
08-28-2013, 02:33 PM
For the sake of the discussion:

The Iconians may not be allied with the Voth. It's possible though, that the Iconians slipped some information to the Voth on where Earth is, giving them a reason to become aggressive.
Commander
# 17
08-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoping88 View Post
Hostile Voth does not mean that they are allies of the Iconians.

The Tholians are hostile to the Fed, Klinks and Romulans, and yet there is no indication that they are allies of the Iconians. To the contrary, I believe that the Tholians are trying to learn as much about Iconian tech as they can to counter them - at the price of stomping some filthy humanoids along the road. Tholian style.
Actually, some of the Romulans are allied, more or less, with the Iconians! Remember the Tal Shiar, or, more particularly, Hakeev?
Captain
# 18
09-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampa4 View Post
Actually, some of the Romulans are allied, more or less, with the Iconians! Remember the Tal Shiar, or, more particularly, Hakeev?
Of course I remember.
But how does that concern the Tholians?
Rihannsu
# 19
09-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denliner1701 View Post
The Voth shouldn't have relations with the Iconians.
It really cheapens their backstory and gives them a weak excuse for them to implement them.
They're from the Delta Quadrant, perhaps they're here with Hirogen or Kazon mercenaries, though they do not treat them nicely according to their beliefs (All non-Voth have no rights to them).

The Voth's backstory could be a planned gigantic invasion to Earth, as enough scientists researched and persuaded them that they proved the Distant Origin Theory, which would horrify them, as Humans have no rights, but yet so similar to them by having a common ancestor. They could attack out of retribution, eliminating all of humanity to preserve purity among their race. This could be a Federation-only FE like the Fek'ihri to the Klingons or Elachi to the Romulans, since the Klingon Empire and Romulan Republic (KDF) will not intervene in such a conflict.
I could imagine that decades after the various species of the Delta Quadrant encountered Voyager and Equinox seeing more Federation and Alpha Quadrant ships encroaching on their space they would react like the Japanese did to Commodore Perry's "Black Ships"; arming and modernizing themselves like mad till they had a one of the best navies in the world; then launching a first strike.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Career Officer
# 20
09-19-2013, 02:06 PM
The Voth if now hostile could be more destructive than the borg.

Advanced computer systems. They almost laughed at Voyager, "oh look they're still using simple binary coded software"