Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, August 29th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Nice patch notes! ..even though not very long.
Rihannsu
# 3
08-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
The standard Odyssey and Bortasqu' Basic Uniforms can no longer be purchased by Romulan captains in their Starbases and Embassies.
This is unsatisfactory! If you're going to force Romulans to belong to Federation (or KDF) Fleets, then they need to be able to belong. The whole point of a UNIform is so that the whole organization looks the same. It builds esprit de core.

Make the Fleet Uniforms (Odyssey and Bortasqu) wearable by Romulan Captains!

Quote:
Romulan captains who have already purchased the uniform will continue to be able to use the respective uniform on respective ally bridge officers... The uniform price is half the cost of the normal version.
No, no, no. When I purchased this, it was for my Captain. There was no warning or note ahead of time that it was restricted to my BOs (which have no Fleet interaction). If you're not going to make it right, that I get to wear it, then I want a refund on my Fleet Credits and Dilithium!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Bridge officer stAtions not only missing in the gateway, also in game. Bridge officers left their station very often. Im tired of puting them back on station to use there abilities in space. I guess the bug with department heads and missing bridge officers on the bridge are related to this.

Please fix this old bug because its very annoying to join a STF and have no abilities in your bar.
Career Officer
# 5
08-28-2013, 03:39 PM
The Bortasqu' uniform happens to have some very nice boots that I was planning on, you know, using on a Romulan character one of these days.

I have to concur. This is unacceptable. Taking away an option that was given to players is wrong and something we cannot tolerate. Irrespective of the cost.
Republic Veteran
# 6
08-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Odyssey and Bortas are fleet uniforms. Romulans might not be considered regular members of Starfleet/KDF, but they are regular members of their fleet. Thus they need to be able to wear their respective fleet uniform. That's what I brought the uniform for, not to cloth a few BOs.
Career Officer
# 7
08-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpetersen View Post
Bridge officer stAtions not only missing in the gateway, also in game. Bridge officers left their station very often. Im tired of puting them back on station to use there abilities in space. I guess the bug with department heads and missing bridge officers on the bridge are related to this.

Please fix this old bug because its very annoying to join a STF and have no abilities in your bar.
This! It's such a pain! I have already been called a leacher with no chance to explain the STF team, that it just takes me 2 minutes to correct boff & hotbars!
Ensign
# 8
08-28-2013, 04:04 PM
So much for having options... KDF Roms look pretty good in the Bortasqu uniform and you guys already allow Roms to wear some KDF uniform variants.... At least allow those of us who got the Fleet uniforms at full price to at least wear them as that would be fair.
Captain
# 9
08-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
This is unsatisfactory! If you're going to force Romulans to belong to Federation (or KDF) Fleets, then they need to be able to belong. The whole point of a UNIform is so that the whole organization looks the same.
Nniol tr'Keiniadh doesn't "belong to" the Federation's Starfleet - he's a liaison officer from the Romulan Republic. Requiring him to wear the Starfleet uniform would make as much sense as forcing the Canadian liaison officer I worked with at HQ SAC to wear a USAF uniform. (In fact, doing so would have been a violation of Canadian Armed Forces regulations, and I doubt very much that the Captain would have been at all amenable to such an idea...)
-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.
Career Officer
# 10
08-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitenode View Post
So much for having options... KDF Roms look pretty good in the Bortasqu uniform and you guys already allow Roms to wear some KDF uniform variants.... At least allow those of us who got the Fleet uniforms at full price to at least wear them as that would be fair.
Could be there is no option in the system that controles your toons appearance that brings the date of purchase into account
Closed Thread