Lt. Commander
# 11
08-28-2013, 04:18 PM
nothing about the mail system really?
i'm still deleting mails to reach within 300
To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
08-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Does this patch include a fix for the tailor CTD? I don't see it listed.
Rihannsu
# 13
08-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Make the Fleet Uniforms (Odyssey and Bortasqu) wearable by Romulan Captains!
No.

I am tired of this, unless the Romulan Republic managed to join BOTH the Federation and Klingon Empire, that is impossible BTW, they have NO BUSINESSES into wearing a Starfleet or a Klingon Defense Force uniform.

You think that when a Royal Navy officer is attached to a USN vessel they go around wearing a US Naxy uniform? They dont ... they wear their uniform and I will NOT stand up for you people trying to DESTROY the Romulan faction OR by thinking a damned uniform is nothing but causal wear, it means SOMETHING.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 08-28-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Career Officer
# 14
08-28-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm really going to miss my T'Varo fire CD reduction, never knew how it worked until a Dev told me about it, was fun while it lasted (think Aux2Batt, but for everything including special consoles).
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Rihannsu
# 15
08-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
... I will NOT stand up for you people trying to DESTROY the Romulan faction OR by thinking a damned uniform is nothing but causal wear, it means SOMETHING.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes
At our fleet meetings we're required to wear the Fleet uniform, it happens to be a version of the Odyssey. My Romulan character can not participate because she can not wear the Fleet Uniform.

And that means something too.

This has nothing to do with trying to "destroy the Romulan faction". They aren't much of a faction anyway. I can't help it Cryptic decided to make a half-faction and force us to play Red or Blue. But they did. So when I was FORCED to be a Good Little Feddie, I joined a Fed Fleet and dutifully went directly to purchase the required uniform.

And in their usual half-arse ways of not thinking things through they allowed people like myself to buy a uniform that we couldn't even wear, with no way of know it was broken until after we purchased it, of course. And then they decide to "fix" it over three months later.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Rihannsu
# 16
08-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Nniol tr'Keiniadh doesn't "belong to" the Federation's Starfleet - he's a liaison officer from the Romulan Republic...
Drink the whatever flavor of Kool-aid you want, and RP as you desire. You belong to the Feds.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Republic Veteran
# 17
08-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No.

I am tired of this, unless the Romulan Republic managed to join BOTH the Federation and Klingon Empire, that is impossible BTW, they have NO BUSINESSES into wearing a Starfleet or a Klingon Defense Force uniform.

... I will NOT stand up for you people trying to DESTROY the Romulan faction OR by thinking a damned uniform is nothing but causal wear, it means SOMETHING.
Indeed, an uniform means something. But this is not about some KDF/Fed uniform, it's about the FLEET uniform. Romulans are regular and full members of their respective fleet, and thus Romulans are also required to be able to wear their fleet uniform. It doesn't matter if you're Klingon, Gorn, Nausicaan, Orion, Romulan or Reman. All of them are fighting the same fights together as one fleet. All of them should be able to wear the same uniform, identifying them as equal members of the same group. Stigmatizing Romulans as pariahs within their fleets doesn't help anyone, especially not the Romulans.

Last edited by schneemann83; 08-28-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Rihannsu
# 18
08-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
At our fleet meetings we're required to wear the Fleet uniform, it happens to be a version of the Odyssey. My Romulan character can not participate because she can not wear the Fleet Uniform.

Then you Fleet is silly and should make a no romulans allowed because all Romulan players are in fact commissioned officers of the Romulan Republic Navy, NOT of the Klingon Defense Force or Starfleet.

This would be the same as having a captain of a Royal Navy ship that is currently attached to a joined task group to wearing a US Navy uniform, Romulan characters are attached their aligned Fleets but are not members off.

Quote:
And that means something too.
No, it doesnt ... rather what is does is having a Fleet that completely fails to understand the concept of uniform in the armed services, did you swore the Starfleet oath? are in enlisted as a officer in Stafleet? As a Romulan you did neither.

So again, either your Fleet kicks out every Romulan character since clearly they are ... how can I put this delicate ... unable to accept attached personal from allied forces or they allow then to use their own versions.

Either way, I find such requirement ridiculous on your Fleet as STO made different uniforms to allow players to stand up instead of being ... well, uniformed and also if they are doing so to roleplay then they are, no way around this, pretty bad at it since they fail to understand what a uniform meant and its not slavery mind you.
Captain
# 19
08-28-2013, 06:02 PM
I'm gonna get in before the uniform flame war gets too hot and say that I too am going to miss the T'varo cool down thing.

Harden up Princess
Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
www.ausmonauts.com
Rihannsu
# 20
08-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schneemann83 View Post
All of them are fighting the same fights together as one fleet. All of them should be able to wear the same uniform, identifying them as equal members of the same group. Stigmatizing Romulans as pariahs within their fleets doesn't help anyone, especially not the Romulans.
A uniform is something attached to a specific branch of service, even within the same branches we can have some variation of uniforms.

A Fleet does not require to belong to the same service, NATO does joint exercises were ships from different navies join in the same Fleet, they dont start to wear the same uniform.

Another thing, the uniforms names are Odyssey and Bortasqu' as they are named after the Flagships, meaning those are Starfleet and Klingon Defense Force uniforms that are (the Bortasqu' at least) used aboard those ships, they are the most recent of the Starfleet and Klingon Defense Force uniforms.

Its what they are ... Romulans are not part of then, wearing then would be the same as forgo their identity all together as they would be stripped of the last thing that makes the Romulans and be just another race of Starfleet and the KDF.

If you want to play a Romulan you play a Romulan, this means WEARING a Romulan uniform ... not a Federation or KDF uniform otherwise you are NOTHING but a racial choice ... what Fleet wants to strip of their IDENTITY as Romulans so they can be part of the herd? equals in what sense? beings stripped of what makes then Romulans? If you want to play a Fed or KDF go make one ... I am a bit annoyed at all these attempts at sneaking Romulans into being nothing but a race choice for the Fed/KDF ...because this is what it is, sure I blam eCryptic for this, oh yes ... but doesnt change what some are trying very hard is to DESTROY the Romulan faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagrom7 View Post
I'm gonna get in before the uniform flame war gets too hot and say that I too am going to miss the T'varo cool down thing.
I trying not to, Cryptic made some very BAD decisions that comprised the Romulan existence as a fraction, I see uniforms as the last bastion because after this its just ships ... ships, totally irrelevant when you go around with the Starfleet Delta pinned on your chest commanding a D'D ... that would mean there is no Romulan Republic Navy, there is Starfleet and the KDF.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 08-28-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Closed Thread