Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these societies from ST: Voyager would you most like to encounter in STO?
The Kazon 329 15.89%
The Vidiian 348 16.81%
The Krenim 925 44.69%
The Malon 70 3.38%
The Hierarchy 211 10.19%
The Devore 187 9.03%
Voters: 2070. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Captain
# 551
08-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Unfortunately, it would seem that the Krenim have this in the bag.

And I say unfortunately because, frankly, they were simply not that interesting. All we really saw of them was ONE crew flying ONE special weapon-ship with the ability to manipulate time. And yes, I realise that we saw other Krenim ships; they were victims of the timeline changes too and were so nondescript that they were quickly forgotten.

Not to mention the fact that I'd wager that a lot of the votes for the Krenim were placed by people who think that they're going to get to fly a Krenim time-weapon ship*

* They might, it's not impossible and for all I know, it's a future lock-box candidate; but there is NO WAY IN HELL that it would be able to do what we saw the 'prototype' in "Year of Hell" do.
Not to mention the fact that the prototype and everything having to do with it was erased from the timeline by the reset button at the end of the episode. (You see why I keep saying I despise time travel or anything remotely similar to time travel? **** Berman.)
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Career Officer
# 552
08-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Not to mention the fact that the prototype and everything having to do with it was erased from the timeline by the reset button at the end of the episode. (You see why I keep saying I despise time travel or anything remotely similar to time travel? **** Berman.)
your anger is severely misplaced. You should be angry at the people who vote for the Krenim and conveniently forget that they DON'T have that technology now, because of the reason you gave above. Its with the Alzeihmer-prone voters that you should be angry, not Berman.

And I, for example, have no problems with time travel. I suppose I'm one of the few people that have freed their minds of artificial illusions like 'past' and 'future'. I really don't understand why some people say they "get headaches". Free your minds people!
Career Officer
# 553
08-28-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juraraptor View Post
A quick survey of the previous 55 pages showed me that many forgot or just did not mentioned the other type of Borg seen in VOY: those who had been liberated from hive and who had been saved by imposing their will on cmdr. Chakotay (episode Unity). Though not enough for a major ally, they could be allys to any fraction in at least 1 or 2 episodes (preferably against the Borg). It could also be a chance to let Chakotay meet with Riley Frazier again...
Yup. The rogue Borg sphere, led by an assimilated Klingon, that helped liberate others. I'd like to see them pop-up every now and then.
Career Officer
# 554
08-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocknuttz View Post
ive got a great idea. cant remember the name of the species but they're the evoled dinosaurs from earth. my idea is since Voyager had payed thier visit more of them became curious about earth as word about earth spread. the curious ones "player" can spend the entire leveling period trying to reach earth. and of course one they did end game content can kick in. just my 2 cents
your grammar needs work. I'm confused about what you are trying to say. The curious ones what???
And yes, the humanoid Dinosaur (as ridiculous as that sounds to say it out loud - wonderful episode though) could provide an interesting episode or two.
Starfleet Veteran
# 555
08-28-2013, 07:25 PM
After reading through all the pages on this thread, i see that not a lot of people like voyager. purely based on Janeway, but most of you turn to forget that, any captain would have done the same thing she did. if i recall correctly the caretaker did ask Janeway for help after he brought them to the delta quadrant. Anyway getting off topic here since this isn't about Voyager show but rather, which of these societies would we most like to encounter.

Firstly; Let me ask a question of my own. why would the Federation, KDF or even Romulan Republic want to go to the delta quadrant.

I can understand why the Fed would, but can not understand why the other two. i say this because as most have stated Neelix could asked the Fed.

Another possibility is the 37's. The 17th episode of season two for those of you who haven't watch voyager. The crew discovers the morse code S.O.S. Amelia Earhart, Fred Moonan and the rest who were dubbed the 37s by their descendants. who were abducted by the Briori ad later revolted and took control of the Briori technology. They were highly advance that when Janeway saw their cities she commented that it had a resemblance to Federation worlds.

Secondly; most of you seem to think that after all the positive and negatives that voyager had crossing through the quadrant, will still even exists.

Let start by looking at them one by one.

Kazon Sects
what is preventing the kazon sects from united and pulling all the resources they have and take more to advance themselves after what voyager did. after all once upon a time they just did that when Jal Sankur united the sects to overthrow the trabe. I can see them a achieving great things, which could intend get the borg to notice them.

Krenim
Now the krenim after the destruction of the weapon ship, who is to say that the krenim even survived. they were after all at war with just about everyone of their neighbours even the Zahl.

Devore Imperium
This guys were to xenophobic and had especially harbor a deep mistrust of telepaths that it wouldn't even surprise me if all the telepath races decided to go to war with them. Or perhaps, they society could have gone on a reform which will welcome the very thing they hated the most.

The Malon
not a lot to say about them, only that they were an economically-motivated species. although technologically advanced, they lack the means to recycle antimatter waste which made the waste export industry much higher profit. who is to say that, the same thing can not happen to the recycle tech that Janeway gave. i can see recycle as another business venture for them to make profit just like the way a ferengi would conduct business.

The Hierarchy
we don't even know what their true name for their species are. since they are highly adept in the skills of espionage and remote surveillance and only attack for resources. i can see them getting bolder and bolder for them to even go beyond their territory. they could be come a threat for other species in the region.

The Vidiian
Since the Kurros claimed that his group had cured the phage; they are medical advanced even more than the federation. after all they were once peaceful, cultured race of scientist and explorers much like the federation before the phage struck. i can't see why they couldnt do so again. but than again, as many have stated they could have be a side-effect from the cure or the think-tank, could have an agenda of it own.

I know this is a long post but, to sum it up. i think cryptic you need to hold of the DQ till you guys can sort the storylines in Alpha quadrant, Beta and Gamma quadrant before heading to the Delta Quadrant. we still have the Fed and KDF war which haven't be resolve, let alone the iconian storyline. Anyway since we are all wondering if or how should we get to the DQ, well the Dyson sphere could be the way to the DQ, since it is under the control of the voth am sure they have a means to enter both quadrant from where the sphere is.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"

Last edited by alikain; 08-28-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Ensign
# 556
08-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alikain View Post
Firstly; Let me ask a question of my own. why would the Federation, KDF or even Romulan Republic want to go to the delta quadrant.

I can understand why the Fed would, but can not understand why the other two. i say this because as most have stated Neelix could asked the Fed.
The primary reason I consider for all three entering the DQ is to take the fight to the Borg. We do not know how much of the DQ the Borg have assimilated but it is a source of raw resources that the Borg can tap into. For all we know the Borg incursions in known space are merely a distraction while they build an ever more formidable base.

The Klingons specifically have reverted to the old ways, which means conquest. Anything they see that is available for conquest will be targeted.

The Federation will need to keep pace with the Klingons rate of expansion, or risk losing a war of attrition.

The Romulans have the least reason to go, but may participate in missions with their allies. New resources are going to be the most likely motivator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikain View Post
Secondly; most of you seem to think that after all the positive and negatives that voyager had crossing through the quadrant, will still even exists.
There is very little to go on in regards to what has happened since Voyager, the DQ was a very tumultuous place so there is a lot of potential for change. The developers will have to flesh out a lot as I stated in my previous post. It would behoove them to entwine the A/BQ stories and the DQ in order to make the stories more relevant to the greater Star Trek universe.
Lt. Commander
# 557 My 2 Cents!
08-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loading159 View Post
A game where my ship and crew is put in some random area in the delta quadrent and has to find its way home? maybe not appealing to some but this actually sounds like fun to me, just as long as it does not take 7 years, maybe a week or a few days or some certain amount of in game play time.

I would prefer another faction with the same quality, or better, just like the Romulans.
Getting all these new player ships is great, but lately it is getting out of hand a little. I see more fed captains flying captured enemy ships than actual fed ships. at this rate it would be easier to take the fed / kdf/rom put them all together, and call it one big faction and just let everyone buy anything they want. feds can be explorers, kdf can be the warriors, roms can be the spies.

Lets see more factions with there own specific ships rather than introducing a new species and handing their ships out to the fed/kdf/rom. could even make it a 500 or 1000 zen option to switch factions to get more people into other factions.
I'll put out an idea i've had for a while now. In numerous non-canon licensed stories & games as well as several Episodes (canon) there have been groups using ships made by/for other factions, obtained through a variety of ways. Klingons gave Romulans Battle Cruisers equipped with Disruptors and Warp Drives. Kirk and Dukat captured Klingon BoPs. A Ferengi outfit bought decommissioned BoPs. Starfleet captured a Jem'Hadar ship and used it as long as they could. DS9 itself was a Cardassian station operated jointly by Bajoran Militia & Starfleet.

My proposal is this: Let FED Captains buy any 1 KDF ship in the C-Store and KDF Captains can buy any 1 FED ship. RRF can likewise buy 1 non-ally ship. This way it doesn't get silly/out of hand.

Alternately, my original idea which was a special Mission to capture an enemy vessel (selescted from the standard lineup rather than the c-store). The Captured vessel would be required for related/linked missions, and available for any/all missions.
Sarvour ShipyardsSarvour Shipyards
=@=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =@= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."
Ensign
# 558 The Krenim
08-29-2013, 03:05 AM
The Krenim Technology and characteristics can be quite worth exploring. They specialize in Temporal Science, if I'm not wrong. Still, there's only about 1 or 2 episodes about them although some things could be made up.
Ensign
# 559
08-29-2013, 04:56 AM
if i could vote two, i would choose the hierarchy and the krenim. The hierarchy guys look distinct and were in some of my favourite episodes, so i voted for them.

Close second would be the krenim, i just love temporal stuff, they had great potential, too bad they messed up year of hell... (why didn't they stretch it for at least a quarter of a season, and in the end they just punched the reset button, undoing everything... seriously?)
Career Officer
# 560
08-29-2013, 05:02 AM
since were getting voyager can we have the compreasion rifle and the two pronged gun?
CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
Closed Thread