Lt. Commander
# 11
08-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge4id View Post
Well Dan might remember saying it. Even if he doesnt, I just want a romulan scimitar for my fed character, and maybe some unique title. ive spent over 21K on the game so far, looking at digital recipes from atari, pwe, from the preorder retail boxes, to the RAF promo, life sub, and a respec a day almost. I could have a car but instead I have STO so I mise well make something more of it. oh i forgot, i got every c ship and lockbox ship too, and its getting really hard to keep them all with only 30/35 ship slots cap.

wholy fk'n shiiioot.... if you are serious about spending $21k on a game. You are either committed to STO with zero "real" lifetime overhead (that's unless your rich), and/or have a gaming addiction. Being a Lifetime subber myself, me spending $50 a month I thought was whack (that's what my wife tells me). Glad to know there's someone even more whack than I!
Captain
# 12
08-29-2013, 02:11 PM
So... you've spent as much on this game as I make in a YEAR working my tail off...? That's kind of... I don't know how to express how that makes me feel...
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Ensign
# 13
08-29-2013, 02:16 PM
I remember you mojo. I used to be Screwball before I got a name change.
Captain
# 14
08-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
... ive spent over 21K on the game so far....
I highly doubt it,

I hope you know that would be,

really.....really....really.....really....stupid.

and by the slim chance it is true,

dude...you need some serious help.....seriously.

# 15
08-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
I remember you mojo. I used to be Screwball before I got a name change.
Hiya. Actually, what I miss more than my name is that it doesn't show my actual join date. I swear I've been here (ie. on STO's boards) longer than most others, and almost certainly longer than any of the devs...
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Ensign
# 16
08-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post
I highly doubt it,

I hope you know that would be,

really.....really....really.....really....stupid.

and by the slim chance it is true,

dude...you need some serious help.....seriously.

The truth does not require you to believe in it for it to be a fact. And as for my stupidity, what makes me "really.....really.....really.....really.....stupi d?" I got money tied up in investments like stocks, bonds, real estate, etc. Who are you to decide what I do with my money be a determining factor in my intelligence level? Most would see it as a waste of money or a foolish endeavor, but STO makes me happy when it's time to start gaming. It's my favorite game, with my favorite friends and family. I could say buying chrome for a Harley, or spoiler's, lo-lo suspension, and extra low profile rims for a car stupid and a waste, but I respect anyone who does do that cause that's what makes them happy.

Sure games don't last forever. I was devastated when Star Wars Galaxies died. I invested a lot into that game! But it had its run and I am happy with the memories I had playing it. Just like I will be happy with the memories I have playing this game. Whether I actually get a ship to myself or not, you still can't accuse me of not being loyal. You'd be really, really, really, stupid if you did!
Ensign
# 17
08-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
Hiya. Actually, what I miss more than my name is that it doesn't show my actual join date. I swear I've been here (ie. on STO's boards) longer than most others, and almost certainly longer than any of the devs...
Yeah I hear you Mojo... And where do I set my status to "Career Officer?" There was a movement along time ago for lifers to take their title off in protest of the game. I never took mine off and I'd like to know where that option is.
Captain
# 18
08-29-2013, 06:46 PM
my sincere apologies for my lack of empathy for your investment in the game....

but...

" twenty one thousand dollars " ... in transactions in a free to play game ....

do you realize how that sounds ?

that is not a rational decision IMO.

no offense.... but it really isn't.

ever thought of buying computers for inner city kids? building a safehouse for battered women, or feeding people that can barely afford a loaf of bread a week with all of that "throw away" cash you are wasting?

Last edited by cgta1967; 08-29-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Captain
# 19
08-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Yeah I hear you Mojo... And where do I set my status to "Career Officer?" There was a movement along time ago for lifers to take their title off in protest of the game. I never took mine off and I'd like to know where that option is.
Click on Edit Your Avatar on the top left of the forum. There should be a choice at the bottom.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 20
08-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post
my sincere apologies for my lack of empathy for your investment in the game....

but...

" twenty one thousand dollars " ... in transactions in a free to play game ....

do you realize how that sounds ?

that is not a rational decision IMO.

no offense.... but it really isn't.

ever thought of buying computers for inner city kids? building a safehouse for battered women, or feeding people that can barely afford a loaf of bread a week with all of that "throw away" cash you are wasting?

You do realize from his posts that he's been playing the game long before it was free to play right.

Not defending/justifying what he says he spent if that number is accurate, just pointing out some information you may have missed.