Cryptic Studios Team
# 11
08-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordbearer13 View Post
Heck, I can't even create ANY ground character entry under the Costume tab. I hit Create Costume, give it any name, leave the Type on "Ground Character", and click Create.

BOOM! Crash to desktop.

For some reason, I can add Space costumes just fine so far.

Very frustrating.
Are you getting any error messages when this happens? Is the error tracker appearing?

Does this still happen if you relog?

Is this happening in only one project or is it in any project?
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
08-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
New #5. Object dimensions do not match coordinate dimensions. This makes object dimensions mostly pointless. It was not always so. When the Foundry launched the object descriptive dimensions in the preview screen, matched the size in the XYZ. So, if something was 4 high, then placing a second one at 4 Y would put it directly on top. Now we have to convert meters to feet or vice versa.
The coordinate system got converted to meters but the sizes in the descriptions still use feet, correct?

I apologize for the twenty questions, but I trying to document it as accurately as possible.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 13
08-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
The coordinate system got converted to meters but the sizes in the descriptions still use feet, correct?

I apologize for the twenty questions, but I trying to document it as accurately as possible.
I always have difficultly with the details of this, but things got screwed up. Not sure if it's meters to feet or vice versa.
Ensign
# 14
08-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Are you getting any error messages when this happens? Is the error tracker appearing?

Does this still happen if you relog?

Is this happening in only one project or is it in any project?

No messages, but the error tracker DOES appear. I may see if I can find the log file and get more details.

Yes it keeps happening time after time.

I'm about to start a different project, just to see if it improves...

AND sure enough, with a blank project it doesn't crash. Created a new project, gave it start point and a map with an objective. Saved the project, tried to add a Ground Character on the Costumes tab, and...it worked.

I'll have to investigate the other project to see if I can fix it.

Last edited by swordbearer13; 08-29-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Rihannsu
# 15
08-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I always have difficultly with the details of this, but things got screwed up. Not sure if it's meters to feet or vice versa.
In Season 3, everything in the Foundry was measured in feet. Listed object dimensions were also in feet.

I forget which season, but during one of the season updates I think it was either 4 or 5, the foundry coordinate system was changed to use meters.

Personally I suspect that the game actually stores coordinates in feet. It sometimes "rounds" whole numbers of meters to 3 decimal places....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
08-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordbearer13 View Post
No messages, but the error tracker DOES appear. I may see if I can find the log file and get more details.

Yes it keeps happening time after time.

I'm about to start a different project, just to see if it improves...

AND sure enough, with a blank project it doesn't crash. Created a new project, gave it start point and a map with an objective. Saved the project, tried to add a Ground Character on the Costumes tab, and...it worked.

I'll have to investigate the other project to see if I can fix it.
When the Error Tracker appears, there should be a number displayed below the white box where it asks you to enter what was happening at the time of the crash. If you can get me that number, I can see if this is a new issue or if it's one that's being tracked and worked on.
Captain
# 17
08-30-2013, 12:24 PM
All the Federation ship costumes have weird numbers in place of their name and registry.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 18
08-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
All the Federation ship costumes have weird numbers in place of their name and registry.
i noticed this a while back, its quite irritating

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Rihannsu
# 19
08-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Can you give me any specific ships that are doing this, Mark?
"Ask and ye shall receive." Not necessarily immediately though.

Here's a partial list:
Andorian Charal
the second Bortasqu battleship entry
Draguas Fleet science vessel
the fourth Elachi battleship entry
clicking on the Elachi battleship drone item caused a crash

EDIT: here's more:
Elachi drone
Elachi Frigate
Elachi Shuttle
the first Galaxy X entry
Odyseey class cruiser [sic] is only the saucer section
The first Odyssey class cruiser entry is the rest fo the ship
the fourth Odyssey class cruiser entry has the Saucer and hull seperated
phalanx fleet science vessel
Romulan Drone
Scimitar Type
Vesta Class
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 08-30-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Captain
# 20
08-31-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Asset Errors

1. A couple of interior maps have had their space cut in half causing part of the map to be inaccessable
    - Ice Caves Interior 03
Briar Patch Research Interior also has its size reduced significantly.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!