Captain
# 31
08-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge4id View Post
This is prob my last post. I've been contacted about the ship.
I guess we'll wait to see you in-game with the ship. I don't find this credible, because $1000 is nowhere near enough to pay Cryptic for a custom ship. Indeed, there are probably dozens of STO players who could afford $1000 for a custom ship, and there is no way Cryptic could afford to cater to them all.

Still, as Gregor says, "let's see what happens." If Cryptic is, indeed, doing custom ships for $1000, go ahead and send me a PM. I was going to get a new gaming rig that I don't really need, and this would be a much cheaper way of treating myself

Edit: "Go ahead and send me a PM" was an invitation to Cryptic, not the OP. Just for clarity.

Last edited by elessym; 08-29-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Captain
# 32
08-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
This is prob my last post. I've been contacted about the ship.
If you do get a custom ship of your own... would you post pics and stats in the art subforum please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Imperfection - a prequel to Ashkrik23's Perfection
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Ensign
# 33
08-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
I guess we'll wait to see you in-game with the ship. I don't find this credible, because $1000 is nowhere near enough to pay Cryptic for a custom ship. Indeed, there are probably dozens of STO players who could afford $1000 for a custom ship, and there is no way Cryptic could afford to cater to them all.

Still, as Gregor says, "let's see what happens." If Cryptic is, indeed, doing custom ships for $1000, go ahead and send me a PM. I was going to get a new gaming rig that I don't really need, and this would be a much cheaper way of treating myself
Ok you're right they wont do a new ship but I can have something done to ships I already have. That's all I can say I'm afraid.
Captain
# 34
08-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
This is prob my last post. I've been contacted about the ship. ....
Quote:
...Ok you're right they wont do a new ship....
aha...we are getting into the meat of this story now.

I also suspect your personal charity and business claims as well...your posts sound suspiciously like a trust funder who is using catchphrases used in your family portfolio in order to try and boost your importance.... but in all probability are just living off of family money..... and spending it foolishly....obviously.

Last edited by cgta1967; 08-29-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Captain
# 35
08-29-2013, 08:24 PM
If you're rich enough you can just go and have people make a whole game just for you. Can you imagine? The whole galaxy just the way you want it!
Way better than a unique ship
Captain
# 36
08-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmgtorres1979 View Post
If you're rich enough you can just go and have people make a whole game just for you. Can you imagine? The whole galaxy just the way you want it!
Indeed, it's quite easy. Just ask Curt Schilling.
Career Officer
# 37
08-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
I really want to do that with Babylon 5.

I've got the B5 Wars rules for tabletop miniatures war games and downloaded conversions for just about every sci-fi IP conceivable.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post
aha...we are getting into the meat of this story now.

I also suspect your personal charity and business claims as well...your posts sound suspiciously like a trust funder who is using catchphrases used in your family portfolio in order to try and boost your importance.... but in all probability are just living off of family money..... and spending it foolishly....obviously.

His charity activity also suspiciously lined up with the things you suggested he should do. Quite oddly specific, really.
Captain
# 39
08-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
Indeed, it's quite easy. Just ask Curt Schilling.
Had to look that one up

Clearly, he wasn't rich enough!

P.S. Who, in his right mind, puts all of his savings into one thing?
Captain
# 40
08-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Quote:
P.S. Who, in his right mind, puts all of his savings into one thing?
A professional athlete with little experience of failure, and no financial advisor.