Captain
# 21
08-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
Also, there weren't quite the level of huge EC reserves as there are now. There is no way the speculators will let the Cell get that low.
Its a supply and demand thing - the Tuffli had been around for awhile so lots of people already had one - but the biggest reason the price dropped so low is that they did the pack sales + 20% off + the JHAS - just after the Dominion lock box - so everyone in the game who wanted the JHAS pets had to buy the JHAS - the demand was off the scale - so there was a mass amount of tufflis on the market where most people already had bought one.

The cell ship has big demand still because it is in low supply and not as many people have been able to get one yet.
Commander
# 22
08-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
Also, there weren't quite the level of huge EC reserves as there are now. There is no way the speculators will let the Cell get that low.
You have a good point here. However, it is an extremely niche ship.

With the EC pool growing, people won't need to bother with discounts as much as they used to. Therefore, they most likely will not opt to buy such a ship, driving the price down.

Just my 2EC.

A proud member of Sinfully Sexy. Join us.
Empire Veteran
# 23
08-29-2013, 03:57 PM
I think it's hilarious that people could get away with selling them for $140 mil + on the exchange only because of the mission exploit. Too bad, so sad for all of you hoarders.
Captain
# 24
08-29-2013, 08:53 PM
No ship should EVER be more than 30Mil./$30 US. I personally will never buy a ship more than that. I'd rather do without, and the ships I do have, work just fine for my needs.

So sad for the people hoarding these things that will never be able to offload them.
U.S.S. Pyxis NX-92673 - ( Fleet Defiant ), U.S.S. Rukantha - ( Delta Class )
I.K.S. Faru Sadin - ( Fleet B'rel )
R.R.W. Rhadamanthys - ( Fleet T'Varo )

"Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." - Me
Captain
# 25
08-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corelogik View Post
No ship should EVER be more than 30Mil./$30 US. I personally will never buy a ship more than that. I'd rather do without, and the ships I do have, work just fine for my needs.

So sad for the people hoarding these things that will never be able to offload them.
I'm sure someone made a similar comment about the JHAS. While I'm not speculating in ships, I seriously doubt anyone is hurting on this one.
Captain
# 26
08-29-2013, 09:12 PM
The people who benfit the most out of Tuffli or Cell ships are doff farmers. For those people, now is the time to get one. It's also a good time to load up on any of the other bonus items that drop from the pack and are expensive like mk xii consoles and powered artifacts if you're into the mo xii console lottery. If you're flush with EC, go ahead and grab the bug ship, it's worth it.
Captain
# 27
08-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corelogik View Post

Once this promo ends - that's basically it for the supply of cell ships - until the retire the pack - almost no-one buys the packs in this amount unless the JHAS is in them.

This is probably the last chance this year for the JHAS. Before this there were like 7 cell ships on the exchange the supply was so low - hence the price was so high. There might have been 1 or 2 ships added per week. When it's retired later this year - whatever is left is left.

That is why Tuffli is going for around $140m and I expect the cell ship will be in the same area after a few months. I don't think it will go back to $200 - that was just crazy time!!

Also people are dumping everything right now - prices are plunging as people want to spend $350m on the JHAS or they want to dump all other high priced stuff and spend $5.2 million on a doff pack and keep trying.

think of that $5.2M for a doff pack - 1 key is 1.7m now and 112.5 zen -- so 1 pack @275 is 2.4 keys or $4.1m - better to sell packs now insead of keys - and the packs are still flying.

Last edited by newromulan1; 08-29-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Captain
# 28
08-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
Let me know when it drops to 20 million, and i'll buy one....
ditto.

I knew this was going to happen. With the addition of the JHAS the packs are selling in larger quantities and the cell ship is the "2nd place" ship so it's likely showing up more often.
Captain
# 29
08-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
ditto.

I knew this was going to happen. With the addition of the JHAS the packs are selling in larger quantities and the cell ship is the "2nd place" ship so it's likely showing up more often.
It's not the 2nd place ship, the two drops aren't related at all.
Rihannsu
# 30
08-29-2013, 10:42 PM
yeah, as independant drops you might get both or neither.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.