Commander
# 11
08-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Any guy that plays female characters in revealing clothing is a bit of a pervert at heart and I speak from personal experience. Especially anyone that uses the standard uniform for Orion Females. Rather look at a female's "back" than a guy's.
Agreed, whenever I pass an female Orion captain (because I rarely meet a male one) I usually stop for a few moments to enjoy the view.

Then again I have my very pretty Andorian First Officer, so I can't say I'm completely noble.
Captain
# 12
08-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Any guy that plays female characters in revealing clothing is a bit of a pervert at heart and I speak from personal experience. Especially anyone that uses the standard uniform for Orion Females. Rather look at a female's "back" than a guy's.
Choosing to look at something you like, or customizing something accordingly does not make anyone a pervert.
Commander
# 13
08-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Shoot, I must be the biggest pervert out there. you should see my female character. She is fully clothed dont get any bad ideas here but CURVES. I like curves in the right places.
Lieutenant
# 14 women!
08-29-2013, 10:02 PM
I agree with the poster who said that he would rather stare at a woman from behind for hours then a dudes. In 98 % of the games ive play, I choose a female character, ( mass effect, wow, kotor, etc etc ) because they are great to look at. However objectifying a woman is never the right thing to do. So in response to the op... I agree they are a bit big, but nothing a few miles running around a planet shouldn't take care of.
Captain
# 15
08-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by furlong359 View Post
I agree with the poster who said that he would rather stare at a woman from behind for hours then a dudes. In 98 % of the games ive play, I choose a female character, ( mass effect, wow, kotor, etc etc ) because they are great to look at. However objectifying a woman is never the right thing to do. So in response to the op... I agree they are a bit big, but nothing a few miles running around a planet shouldn't take care of.

What do you mean by objectifying? If we talk about controlling the toon and make it do what we want, it happens regardless of it's gender or even race (this would create a whole new discussion). It's an RPG.
If it's about the looks than I don't see an issue either. Are we (men) all body builders? Are we all fit and strong? Is the game objectifying men for allowing us to make fit male characters if we are not so in real life? If a female player makes a fit male character and plays with it's ok, but if a guy makes a sexy female he's rude and it deminishes women in general? Are both things wrong? should we make real versions of ourselves everytime? How would that be roleplay? How would we play any toon rather than a human?
People need to lighten up. I don't mean you, I'm just following up on what you said.
Commander
# 16
08-29-2013, 10:21 PM
*scoots his Odyssey skirt uniforms and his Orion uniforms out of the way*

Move along... move along.
Check out my Odyssey Uniform, based on the Vulcan woman who was on the STO page during Season 6: New Romulus! (*Skirts and pants uniforms are listed*)
Community Moderator
# 17
08-29-2013, 11:56 PM
I'm not at my computer at the moment, but don't we have a slider for legs? I mean we do for everything else....
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Commander
# 18
08-30-2013, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
I'm not at my computer at the moment, but don't we have a slider for legs? I mean we do for everything else....
Regardless of how you set the slider, the upper thighs on female characters are very narrow compared to the rest of the leg. I myself have noticed it tends to look a bit strange with any of the shorter skirts.
Ensign
# 19
08-30-2013, 01:13 AM
oh, ok, fellas i'll try to explain again but this time i'll make it like tutorial. this is for those of you saying the legs looks fine.

1. begin rolling a female toon if you don't have one
2. go to uniform options and change the the pants to 'Uniform - Pants - Tight'
3. now click the drop-down menu again and move the cursor over 'Uniform - Skirts'

now observe how the calves are getting much, much bigger wearing a skirt compared to what they look like with pants. this doesn't look normal to me. why the game changes the legs like that? i don't want extra sliders to be added. i just wish this to be fixed so the calves keep the size they have when the girl wears tight pants.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-30-2013, 05:05 AM
Read the first post and stopped. I'll add this please cryptic fix the chests of female toons. Not all women are in the C cup to double D cup range
Closed Thread