Captain
# 41
08-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
A professional athlete with little experience of failure, and no financial advisor.
OK, but we are talking about someone who had contact with good money for several years, not a lottery winner who suddenly has lots of cash. The very least he should have left some 7 to 10 mill on the safe side...
Captain
# 42
08-29-2013, 11:45 PM
Bleh, a fairly toxic thread, but kudos to you if something comes of it, OP.

Do share the results of such negotiations if/when you're able to for those of us with unsatiated curiosity.
Captain
# 43
08-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmgtorres1979 View Post
Had to look that one up

Clearly, he wasn't rich enough!

P.S. Who, in his right mind, puts all of his savings into one thing?
People that listen to their employers about how safe the company retirement plans are.
Captain
# 44
08-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
People that listen to their employers about how safe the company retirement plans are.
Not sure if we have that around here. There are a few "retirement investments" somewhat sponsored by the companies but they are generally independent ventures, sort of speak and optional. Since we have a country wide social service, the state gets a percentage of each person's salary (mandatory).
Despite it's many flaws, it - theoretically - insures health, unemployment and retirement pensions. Even that is far from safe. This is truly a matter in which the "all the eggs in one basket" expression really fits.

My apologies for this sort of off topic.
Captain
# 45
08-30-2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post
1%'er mentality comes to mind .......
Don't confuse the 1%ers on the forum with whack-jobs on the forum.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 46
08-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Don't confuse the 1%ers on the forum with whack-jobs on the forum.
And then there's the 1%ers of the whack-jobs
Captain
# 47
08-30-2013, 07:29 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 08-30-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Captain
# 48
08-30-2013, 07:58 AM
oops...my bad.... sorry 'bout that last one.

# 49
08-30-2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
Bleh, a fairly toxic thread, but kudos to you if something comes of it, OP.

Do share the results of such negotiations if/when you're able to for those of us with unsatiated curiosity.
Yup, pretty toxic thread. Lotsa jealousy (sublimated into denial). I, for one, applaud the OP for supporting the game the way he does. And I hope he gets the ship he was promised.
Super Moderator
# 50
08-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Ok, folks, I think we've kibbitzed about the OP's finances enough and I'm beginning to think that perhaps allowing the thread to remain open isn't a good idea. We'll see.

Let's see if we can talk about something more related to the thread topic, hm?

Let's just assume for the moment that Cryptic would be willing to consider some kind of individual starship customization for a price. We know it won't be a totally new ship. And I presume that CBS would have to approve it on some level.

What kinds of customization would avoid "pay-to-win" and be reasonably fair, while providing decent value?

Cosmetic-only changes?

Something along the lines of a Regent chassis under a Galaxy skin?

Minor layout changes?

Or maybe the customer would essentially be financing a limited exclusive? Something they get to have first, but that Cryptic would eventually be able to sell to others?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek