Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 374
# 21
08-30-2013, 06:18 AM
Scale down leg bulk

that's what I did for my old female character with formal dresses. Same with arms.
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"
-Jerry Seinfeld on Star Trek Online Content

Foundry Works: Uncharted
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,198
# 22
08-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Thread move to more appropriate feedback forum
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
# 23
08-30-2013, 08:24 AM
What's exactly wrong witch thick legs...?

Last edited by hdoggy; 08-30-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8
# 24
08-30-2013, 09:11 AM
sorry for not posting this at the appropriate section. i'll be more careful next time i post about things that don't work as expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloace View Post
Scale down leg bulk

that's what I did for my old female character with formal dresses. Same with arms.
so, you did nothing at all, because the leg bulk option is reducing the overall thickness of the legs. i don't want to argue with you but please don't contaminate the post with imaginable solutions. what you say just don't work. think i didn't try it?

come on, what is this - the female space version of popeye the sailor? it looks wrong don't tell me it doesn't i'm not blind. i have an eye for pretty things, ppl, whatever i have done 3d modeling of human bodies male and female. i know how to scale a body and what they did with the legs(calves) looks wrong. i can't imagine why it's done that way.

actually wearing the loose pants also makes the calves look very thick but there's excuse cus the pants are over the boots. but a minor fix to the scale can be done there also
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 266
# 25
08-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Double standards.... I hate them. Can't act like a red blooded man without getting smacked by a feminist, yet I can't act noble because then my manliness will get insulted.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place for sure...

And as the OP stated, I see your point, the females rears do look a bit disproppotioned. Going from ankle to waist, I saw a sudden hill pop up out of nowhere, and my artist mind said, "This anatomy is all wrong! The rear has to have a more smoother curve, not... THIS!!!".

So yeah, I see what you mean.

Oh, and I am a pervert, but this is not the place to discuss these types of things.

And I know someone out there would abuse it, just for the sake of abusing it. Like I said, we have some weird named toons out there, and I for one can only handle shenanigans up to a point.

("I'm not just a pervert, I'm *does a Kabuki dance* A SUPER PERVERT!!!!!!")
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 344
# 26
08-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Sometimes I choose to play a female character in games, even though I'm a guy. In RPGs like Mass Effect or The Old Republic, I usually go back and play it again on the opposite gender to see how much the game changes. Sometimes, there's quite a bit of difference.

In STO, there isn't much difference besides appearance, so it really doesn't matter which one you pick. Some guys think it's better to stare at a woman than to stare at a guy's back for that long. I personally don't care either way. It's only a game, after all.

That said, they do need to fix that issue, I've noticed it while I'm setting up my bridge officers, and it's a bit annoying. Hope it gets addressed sooner or later.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,371
# 27
08-30-2013, 12:14 PM
I find it funny how my BFF and I have the most 'dressed' Orion females in the entire KDF. Full-on Klingon uniforms. And not even the low cut ones either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Coming from one who wrote a rump enhancement guide for females...
Damned straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaisuke15 View Post
*Goes to character design when this gets implemented and looks at the body configurations and sees glutes option for females*

*facepalm* Perverts, I am surrounded by perverst. Do we really need control over another female body aspect you perverts?!
Pervert shaming is very offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaisuke15 View Post
I wasn't calling you pervert... it was aimed more at the people I know who will abuse that feature. And I think immature was more of the word I was looking for than pervert.
How is 'using' a feature 'abusing' it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaisuke15 View Post
And I most certainly do like women, I just don't like have to remind myself that we can customize their appearance to the point we have, as we call them in the writing community, a Mary-Sue.
How is having a certain body type being a "Mary Sue"? Sounds like you're discriminating to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaisuke15 View Post
And a naked or scantily clad woman doesn't bother me, I just have too much of the aspects of a gentleman and a knight shoved into my head to look at them wrong.
Looking at a woman lustfully isn't wrong. On the contrary actually. Shaming yourself for acting non-asexual IS wrong though IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alopen View Post
Read the first post and stopped. I'll add this please cryptic fix the chests of female toons. Not all women are in the C cup to double D cup range
Yeah, we need some DFCs up in here!


Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 266
# 28
08-30-2013, 05:30 PM
@orangeitis: Post #25 was supposed to be a reply to your post, but for some reason came earlier than yours for some reason. Don't know why.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,371
# 29
08-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Huh. Weird.

What about weird names though? And what does that have to do with being a pervert?


Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!

Last edited by orangeitis; 08-30-2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Typoville. Population: Me.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 266
# 30
08-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Huh. Weird.

What about weird names though? And what does that have to do with being a pervert?
Because if somethings there, someone is bound to mess with it just for the shiggles. I just flew by in game and saw a ship named:

U.S.S. W_W_W_W_W_W_W_W_W_W_W_W_W_W

... Yeah, see what I mean. Then again I really could care less about someone's in game name, because it doesn't really affect anything other than I can laugh at their name, and I can also take people like that less seriously then.

And the pervert thing ties in with the name thing because, by Rule 42 of the internet: Nothing is Sacred.

Still, I'd like to see the deriere of the females cast down a bit so it's smoother. It'll be at least, aestetically pleasing *cough*.

"Look at me I'm a target!"
"Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
"How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 AM.