Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 21
08-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer3434 View Post
I preferred the method of getting the stf items before the rep system was introduced, via drops.

Personally if they just put the drops back, even at a lower rate, I'd be happy. You would still know how long it would take till you got your gear yet you may get lucky on the way (a nice surprise too).

This would also encourage people to play all the stfs and not just run ise over and over again.
HARUMPH

I remember a time when we used to play STF content to get STF gear.
Now, all a player has to do is click a project and they're done for 20 hours.
What was that term used elsewhere?
Oh..."instant gratification".

We need to bring back the pre-Season 7 STF's.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5
Captain
# 22
08-31-2013, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
HARUMPH

I remember a time when we used to play STF content to get STF gear.
Now, all a player has to do is click a project and they're done for 20 hours.
What was that term used elsewhere?
Oh..."instant gratification".

We need to bring back the pre-Season 7 STF's.
Actually, they need to bring back the original STFs. Any sense of story is removed from them. However, relying on the RNG to get the STF gear has caused immense grief to too many people. I got to Tier 5 and all 3 Mk XII STF ground sets in under 100 elite STFs. If I tried to do that using the horrid old method, then it could have taken 500 or more STFs to do or just 20. If it can take 500 STFs to get all 3 Mk XII STF ground sets, then there is something horribly wrong with the system. Getting a piece of STF gear for certain is always better than if there is a chance that it is never obtained.
Lieutenant
# 23
08-31-2013, 03:11 AM
I do agree with the OP on one thing where it takes 20 hours to finish the 2,000 rep projects
because once you have 2 of them done and waiting for them to finish all you have is the upgrade project left and that project barley takes any time to finish at all
Captain
# 24
08-31-2013, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Actually, they need to bring back the original STFs. Any sense of story is removed from them. However, relying on the RNG to get the STF gear has caused immense grief to too many people. I got to Tier 5 and all 3 Mk XII STF ground sets in under 100 elite STFs.
no.
i couldnt take being stuck dealing with such ****ty cheap mechanics as for found in this game for that amount of time in levels that make quake2 look like a marvel of design.

personally, i whould like the missions to be fun and enguaging, not repetitive and habitual.
all for the benefit of gear that is superior enough to the standard fare to counter npc's that are just increasingly punishing, rather than increasingly difficult.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-31-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphoxy View Post
I think you mis-understand what I don't like. It's not the grind so much I have an issue with, playing MMO's for many, many years i'm used to that.

My issue is with the Grind, that feeds a grind, that feeds a grind.... How about 1 grind, gain some marks which are used as currency, and the reputation for completing the missions.

I just don't agree with grinding to get marks for a mission, then grinding to complete the mission, then doing yet another grind to get the gear you should have earned at this point.

I'm going for a tweak of the Reputation system more than anything.
Well if you want to do that Get job at cryptic and give them ideas instead of sitting here complaining about it .... That's what I do offer feed back.... maybe that take it yet again if not get Job with em and try to get into the video game design.. Me honesty I don't care much for the grind I been doing it in all mmos I played makes me feel good to earn something then saying here random chance of getting it and free items ...I agree with what you said but its part of the game and all mmos have it.... So try to give them feed back on how to mod the system but then again not every one agrees with you so... its kind of like sitting in the middle ... Have fun
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-31-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
no.
i couldnt take being stuck dealing with such ****ty cheap mechanics as for found in this game for that amount of time in levels that make quake2 look like a marvel of design.

personally, i whould like the missions to be fun and enguaging, not repetitive and habitual.
all for the benefit of gear that is superior enough to the standard fare to counter npc's that are just increasingly punishing, rather than increasingly difficult.
is that what you do in all mmos repeat something over and over again.. wow you do the same thing everquest 2 you do the same thing guild wars 2 you repeat the same thing.... All mmos I played you repeat the same thing...So no matter how you put it you always end up in the same circle of doom...I played just about every mmo you always repeating something or something different but the same O_o...
Captain
# 27
08-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Actually, I think the reason the Reputation System is the way it is, is because of the Doff System, not because Cryptic wants to turn this into farmville.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 28
09-01-2013, 06:07 AM
The only adjustment I would make would be to have the option to purchase all five tiers at a massive resource cost. "Repping" for three months straight is NOT fun.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!