Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,455
# 11
08-21-2013, 01:11 PM
As far as I can tell, the racial hierarchy of innate melee damage bonuses goes:

Ferasan (27.5%) > Klingon (22.5%) > Caitian = Orion (20%) > Gorn (17.5%) > Romulan = Vulcan = Nausicaan (15%) > everything else.

This is the straight melee or physical damage bonus either from the racial trait or access to the Physical Strength trait. Not counting knockback or expose/exploit or crit bonuses. Knockback chance is the same for Roms and Vulcans as it is for Gorn. (15%)

I don't like the fact that the Gorn are that much "weaker" than the Klingons or Ferasans or especially the Orions, and I really don't like that the damage bonus is only to melee and not to all physical damage (like sonic pulse, grenades and mortars) but we do get Bite, and we do get to put Creative on a Tac, which lets Lunge do terrible things to people.

I think we're alright overall in balance, except for the melee/physical distinction.


"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,046
# 12
08-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
So....the fresh european air makes them weak.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 583
# 13
08-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Let me add that is mostly ALL the Gorn has for a trait.... Physical Strength Boost...

Other things are only 5% Resistance to Plasma, Melle And Fire....

Therefore, Most Nerfed, And Therefore Most "Canon Unbased Race" In STO

Im not saying Gorn should be able to wisthstand boulders falling on them from a cliff... (Episode TOS: Arena) Or... being able to pick up 2,000+ Pound Boulders, But They are VERY MUCH Nerfed.

IMO, Gorn should be one of those such a unique race, they only HAVE Melle.... (I know, sounds Dumb... let me finish)

Their Melle Shoud Be Boosted To 30%... Maybe Even 35-50% (Due to the 50% Shield Penet)

They Should Get "Weapon Slots" that includes the Possible Following:

Rocks, (AoE Melle) Special Melle Gauntlets For Gorn (Stronger Melle, But Less Shield Penetration), And Basic Melle Weapons

For Kits, Should Be:

Pounce (Like S'tass in "Second Wave" ) Gorn Basic Attacks (Like Sweeping Strikes)
Pulverize (Punches Hard and Knocks to Ground, Stunning For A Short Time) AND Finnaly, BITE!

This is pretty much a mash-up. Also, for sake of the Carrer Kits Being "INVALID" so to speak... I suggest you boost the Gorn's health to as much as a Holdch/Raw'qu... (The Raise In Health Seems More Legit) OR Have Gorn Traits For Each Carrer that can act like this:

TACTICAL: Bonus Crit Chance

SCIENCE: BONUS HEALTH

ENGINEER: BONUS SHIELD

(I tought of this...)However, the Carrer Lvl UP Skills Will Be the Same, I.E. Sensor Scan, Etc.

(New Idea) You Get Basic Gorn Skills: Handle Saurs, Regenerative Gorn Cell Tool (Damage Resistance Buf/ HEalth Boost) Rage (Add Damage) And... Gorn Team (Gives A Boost To Team Melle And Health Rengeneration

Now, I know there has to be a GOOD REASON to do this... and IMO, if we REALLY go by Canon... This is It... I dont want them to be Q melle... I just want to be a true, brute Gorn. I hope this can pass... I will try to Edit/ Add More Later to this post.

PLEASE CRYPTIC, I Would Like To Know Your Thoughts.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!


Last edited by blagorm; 08-22-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 583
# 14
08-22-2013, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
As far as I can tell, the racial hierarchy of innate melee damage bonuses goes:

Ferasan (27.5%) > Klingon (22.5%) > Caitian = Orion (20%) > Gorn (17.5%) > Romulan = Vulcan = Nausicaan (15%) > everything else.

This is the straight melee or physical damage bonus either from the racial trait or access to the Physical Strength trait. Not counting knockback or expose/exploit or crit bonuses. Knockback chance is the same for Roms and Vulcans as it is for Gorn. (15%)

I don't like the fact that the Gorn are that much "weaker" than the Klingons or Ferasans or especially the Orions, and I really don't like that the damage bonus is only to melee and not to all physical damage (like sonic pulse, grenades and mortars) but we do get Bite, and we do get to put Creative on a Tac, which lets Lunge do terrible things to people.

I think we're alright overall in balance, except for the melee/physical distinction.
And on this note... its like saying a Cat Will Win A Fight Against a Alligator in A Swamp.. XD

Added}+ And saying Klingons and Oroins can pick up 2000 Pound Bolders.... and Gorn can't.... XD XD XD XD XD... AS WELL AS CATS!!!!
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 607
# 15
08-30-2013, 05:56 PM
As I said elsewhere, the gorn would actually have rather little striking power. Their attacks would have very little momentum, and therefore very little impact. It would be like getting hit by a car... at 2mph. Not likely to do any real damage, it might just knock you over.

A gorn is going to do damage by grabbing and crushing (or lifting - giant heavy objects).
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 583
# 16
08-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
As I said elsewhere, the gorn would actually have rather little striking power. Their attacks would have very little momentum, and therefore very little impact. It would be like getting hit by a car... at 2mph. Not likely to do any real damage, it might just knock you over.

A gorn is going to do damage by grabbing and crushing (or lifting - giant heavy objects).
>_< Whatever... they are still nerfed IMHO
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 607
# 17
08-31-2013, 05:04 AM
I don't think they need an inherent damage boost in melee combat. Instead, I'd give them an innate ability allowing them to grab and crush for big damage. I'm just not sure how the animation would work, I don't know if the models can interact that way.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,387
# 18
08-31-2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagorm View Post
And on this note... its like saying a Cat Will Win A Fight Against a Alligator in A Swamp.. XD

Added}+ And saying Klingons and Oroins can pick up 2000 Pound Bolders.... and Gorn can't.... XD XD XD XD XD... AS WELL AS CATS!!!!
You haven't seen the video on Animal Planet where a cat in Lousiana fights with alligators? See the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duqvb-IRv9c

I do agree with some of the previous posters that Gorn should be ground powerhouses easily on par with a Klingon. That Ferasans (aka Kzinti) have base ground combat values better than even Klingons is a travesty! I think it should be more like follows:

Klingons, Gorn, Ferasans (Kzinti) > Caitian, Orion, Vulcan > Romulan, Reman, Nausicaan > All others

Last edited by davidwford; 08-31-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,941
# 19
08-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
...what's a "melle"?
The word everyone means is melee
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 583
# 20
08-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
You haven't seen the video on Animal Planet where a cat in Lousiana fights with alligators? See the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duqvb-IRv9c

I do agree with some of the previous posters that Gorn should be ground powerhouses easily on par with a Klingon. That Ferasans (aka Kzinti) have base ground combat values better than even Klingons is a travesty! I think it should be more like follows:

Klingons, Gorn, Ferasans (Kzinti) > Caitian, Orion, Vulcan > Romulan, Reman, Nausicaan > All others
*sigh* Klingons and Fersans on Par With Gorn Seem Obsolete.. Cannonical Wise...

IMHO... Make Gorn like the Gorn NPCs Are.... No Shields... (You can EQUIP Shields for Sets.. BUt They are DISABLED) And A Great Boost In Health & Resistance. And with Weapons... Well... Again, I'd love Gorn weapons G.E. Boulders... etc... But It will be messed up with the Regular Weapons... Because of Sets etc... So in that case.... Optional Gorn Weapons/Abilities?

Again, Gorn should be the hardest hitting in Melle... if that is ALL you can fix, then Ill be fine with it. The "Gorn NPC Thing" Really is Only a GREAT Idea. XD

BTW, With the Video.... The Alligators Aren't "Knocked back".... They Are How do you Say... "Shocked"... They realize it is not THEIR territory.... and leave it. Fluffy Mc. Stuffins is just too intimidating. The alligators just respect Fluffy. They are most likely annoyed by the pawing... like a "poke" "poke" and recoil away, saying... "DON'T POKE ME". They get annoyed and leave.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!


Last edited by blagorm; 08-31-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:45 AM.