Captain
# 41
11-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
I'm using IE8, Windows 7, and I don't know if I have Javascript enabled.
It's not white text, it's a very light blue. Happens in IE7/xpsp3 as well, but not in firefox (using FF2 with scriptblocking, and FF 3.8 with scriptblocking). I doubt it's a script causing the problem as FF is blocking all scripts on wiki's site, but I wouldn't doubt IE is processing at least some scripts (adware) and might not be reading something right. Since IE is such a security risk I've learned to live with it instead of trying to fix it and possibly open more holes in IE's crappy security.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Ensign
# 42
11-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
I'm using IE8, Windows 7, and I don't know if I have Javascript enabled.
I think I have the background fixed for IE7 and IE8. You may need to hold shift while clicking the refresh icon for the changes to show up. In the worst case, you might need to clear your cache completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
It's not white text, it's a very light blue. Happens in IE7/xpsp3 as well, but not in firefox (using FF2 with scriptblocking, and FF 3.8 with scriptblocking). I doubt it's a script causing the problem as FF is blocking all scripts on wiki's site, but I wouldn't doubt IE is processing at least some scripts (adware) and might not be reading something right. Since IE is such a security risk I've learned to live with it instead of trying to fix it and possibly open more holes in IE's crappy security.
There's a script processing the "My skin options" feature, which I thought might possibly be the source of the problem if it wasn't running, though I doubted it since I tested the site with scripts disabled. Looks like the problem was actually with the media queries, though.
Ensign
I have a question that I would love to ask... The quadrants are different in the game? Alpha and Beta Quadrants are the only quadrants to appear on the galaxy map and replace the positions for gamma and delta quadrants? Is the galxy represented a different way in game? They both appear at the top and not at the bottom like here: http://startreklives.files.wordpress...-quadrants.jpg

Im a recent Trek fan and ofcourse dont know everything about the STuniverse, so please help me learn more about the st universe

Sorry if this is posted where not relevant.
Thanks alot!
Captain
# 44
09-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun314 View Post
I have a question that I would love to ask... The quadrants are different in the game? Alpha and Beta Quadrants are the only quadrants to appear on the galaxy map and replace the positions for gamma and delta quadrants? Is the galxy represented a different way in game? They both appear at the top and not at the bottom like here: http://startreklives.files.wordpress...-quadrants.jpg

Im a recent Trek fan and ofcourse dont know everything about the STuniverse, so please help me learn more about the st universe

Sorry if this is posted where not relevant.
Thanks alot!
The in-game map is a bit misleading. Here's a more accurate depiction: http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/sto..._milky_way.png

Also, this thread has been dead for almost a year.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Ensign
# 45 :D
09-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Aaaa okay I wonder why the in-game map only shows Alpha and beta quads and in the wrong places, shouldnt they be at the bottom just like in the map you gave me? I mean, I know where each quad is so why is the in game map different? Sorry for all these questions I appreciate your help alot

Last edited by shogun314; 09-01-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Captain
# 46
09-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun314 View Post
Aaaa okay I wonder why the in-game map only shows Alpha and beta quads and in the wrong places, shouldnt they be at the bottom just like in the map you gave me? I mean, I know where each quad is so why is the in game map different? Sorry for all these questions I appreciate your help alot
The in-game map isn't a map of the whole galaxy, just the part that STO takes place in. Compare the arrangement of sector blocks to the galaxy map in my other post.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Ensign
# 47 I get it now:D
09-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Aaa yes, I understand it now So in other words, STO is largely based in the beta quadrant with the rest of the blocks in alpha. Thank you soo much for ur help m8, Very appreciated PS: wonder why I didnt get it the first time haha.

Last edited by shogun314; 09-02-2013 at 12:06 AM.