Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward > Captain's Table (RP)
Login

Commander
# 131
08-13-2013, 05:19 PM
[[OOC: Post abandoned. I just had a better idea!
Gonna be working on it for a little while.]]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Resurrect exploration in STO!

Last edited by inkrunner; 08-17-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 132
08-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
*Gamma Quadrant, on the edge of the galaxy*

Vranlek: The Borg cube is on sensors again. It's coming to investigate the planet that was just destroyed.

Voporak: How close is it?

Vranlek: At its current speed, two hours.

Voporak: Alright. All hands to battle stations. Maintain cloak.

Vranlek: I believe there is a way to use the Borg to our advantage.

Voporak: Do tell, lieutenant...

*Two hours later. The Borg cube arrives in the system and begins scanning the planet's wreckage*

Mirra: They haven't detected us yet.

Voporak: Good. Vranlek, are you ready?

*The Reman nods*

Omet'etan, hit it.

*The Black Phantom decloaks, and begins flying circles around the cube. The cube attempts to shoot down the speedy Sao Paulo class ship, but only manages to get a few glancing hits. As it goes by, the Phantom makes shots here and there with its antiproton cannons*

Vranlek: Their transwarp computer lockout has been damaged. Accessing the coil now.

*The cube's transwarp coil begins to activate, causing an opening in space to appear*

Voporak: Go!

*The Phantom flies at full speed through, followed by the cube.

In the Alpha quadrant, a few dozen kilometers from the Victorious, visible from the observation lounge window, a transwarp exit forms. The Black Phantom shoots out of it at mind-blowing speed, because less than a second later, a massive green explosion occurs from the exit collapsing on the cube.*
*U.S.S. Victorious, Bridge. Ryan looks at the viewscreen when he sees the Black Phantom appear.*

Ryan: What the hell?!

*OOC: Sorry, thought the thread had died. Since apparently not...

Let's get back to work.*
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 133
08-31-2013, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*U.S.S. Victorious, Bridge. Ryan looks at the viewscreen when he sees the Black Phantom appear.*

Ryan: What the hell?!

*OOC: Sorry, thought the thread had died. Since apparently not...

Let's get back to work.*
*The Black Phantom circles around several times as it slows down from exiting the conduit. Voporak hails the Victorious*

Voporak (over comm): Sorry to show up uninvited to the party, I didn't have much choice. I've discovered something I think you should know about.

OOC: I want to save this plot for sometime later on, so we'll just keep it hidden away for now (since it's waaaaaay far out in the galaxy). Skip past this part (the conversation of what Voporak found is implied) and go right to Ryan briefing Voporak or whatever the heck you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Starfleet Veteran
# 134
09-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
*The Black Phantom circles around several times as it slows down from exiting the conduit. Voporak hails the Victorious*

Voporak (over comm): Sorry to show up uninvited to the party, I didn't have much choice. I've discovered something I think you should know about.

OOC: I want to save this plot for sometime later on, so we'll just keep it hidden away for now (since it's waaaaaay far out in the galaxy). Skip past this part (the conversation of what Voporak found is implied) and go right to Ryan briefing Voporak or whatever the heck you want.
*15 minutes later. U.S.S. Victorious, Observation Room. Ryan is walking around the room while Voporak is seated.*

Ryan: I relayed what you told me to Starfleet Command, Admiral. Admiral Smith said he'll get back to me with any information he finds.

Meanwhile, as long as you're here, you can help with our situation.

2 days ago, a member of my crew was abducted by the Borg. She was a former drone, whom we rescued during the attack on Vega Colony 3 years ago. This Cube managed to destroy 5 Federation Starships like they were nothing, and cut a hole in the primary hull.

We've got information suggesting that they're going for the Vault.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 135
09-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Quote:
*15 minutes later. U.S.S. Victorious, Observation Room. Ryan is walking around the room while Voporak is seated.*

Ryan: I relayed what you told me to Starfleet Command, Admiral. Admiral Smith said he'll get back to me with any information he finds.

Meanwhile, as long as you're here, you can help with our situation.

2 days ago, a member of my crew was abducted by the Borg. She was a former drone, whom we rescued during the attack on Vega Colony 3 years ago. This Cube managed to destroy 5 Federation Starships like they were nothing, and cut a hole in the primary hull.

We've got information suggesting that they're going for the Vault.
Voporak: Because of the Borg tech research done there, I would assume.

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but my ship is equipped with a cloaking device. Please don't quote me the almighty Treaty of Algeron, I've already been over it with the Federation higher-ups. Not to mention the fact that Romulus is no more than some space dust now, so why does that stupid treaty even apply anymore? Pardon my digression, what I was meaning to say is that I can scout out the area for Borg activity without detection. With your approval, of course.
Quote:
Quote:
Starfleet Veteran
# 136
09-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Voporak: Because of the Borg tech research done there, I would assume.

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but my ship is equipped with a cloaking device. Please don't quote me the almighty Treaty of Algeron, I've already been over it with the Federation higher-ups. Not to mention the fact that Romulus is no more than some space dust now, so why does that stupid treaty even apply anymore? Pardon my digression, what I was meaning to say is that I can scout out the area for Borg activity without detection. With your approval, of course.
Ryan: By all means. The Victorious is still stuck waiting for repairs to be finished, so we won't be going in for a while.

Admiral, the R.R.W. Marrucious is on her way here to support us, so if you see a D'Deridex-Class Warbird, don't panic.

Also, I wasn't going to berate you on the Treaty of Algeron. If Imperial incursions are any indication, the Romulans have already violated the Treaty.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 137
09-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Ryan: By all means. The Victorious is still stuck waiting for repairs to be finished, so we won't be going in for a while.

Admiral, the R.R.W. Marrucious is on her way here to support us, so if you see a D'Deridex-Class Warbird, don't panic.

Also, I wasn't going to berate you on the Treaty of Algeron. If Imperial incursions are any indication, the Romulans have already violated the Treaty.
Voporak: It was a stupid treaty to begin with anyway... but anyway I will be going now. Black Phantom, one to beam back.

*On the bridge*

Set course for the Vault, warp 9, time-lapse the core, raise cloak, engage.

*The ship's nacelles glow, but it vanishes from sensors before entering warp. The time-lapse effect (the temporal core pushes the ship slightly out of place with time to increase speed without going transwarp) leaves a barely noticeable few residual chronitons*

OOC: I'm leaving a nice little trail of breadcrumb clues for your characters to follow (the first one being Voporak's seemingly impossible speed to arrive just after Soval during the Great Barrier Particle emergency). This part here doesn't need to be followed up on at all, it's more for my own personal brand of effect.

*Voporak's ready room. He has briefed Mirra on the situation*

Mirra: That was Ryan Allington, wasn't it?

Voporak: You bet a pretty penny that was. Let's just hope things don't turn out the same way. It is a different timeline and therefore can end up differently than that other hellhole of a reality.

Mirra: Hopefully events will change to not go down that route.

Voporak: Indeed.

*Voporak glances at the profile and image displayed on his desk screen, the profile belonging to Samantha Allington.*
Quote:
Quote:
Starfleet Veteran
# 138
09-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Voporak: It was a stupid treaty to begin with anyway... but anyway I will be going now. Black Phantom, one to beam back.

*On the bridge*

Set course for the Vault, warp 9, time-lapse the core, raise cloak, engage.

*The ship's nacelles glow, but it vanishes from sensors before entering warp. The time-lapse effect (the temporal core pushes the ship slightly out of place with time to increase speed without going transwarp) leaves a barely noticeable few residual chronitons*

OOC: I'm leaving a nice little trail of breadcrumb clues for your characters to follow (the first one being Voporak's seemingly impossible speed to arrive just after Soval during the Great Barrier Particle emergency). This part here doesn't need to be followed up on at all, it's more for my own personal brand of effect.

*Voporak's ready room. He has briefed Mirra on the situation*

Mirra: That was Ryan Allington, wasn't it?

Voporak: You bet a pretty penny that was. Let's just hope things don't turn out the same way. It is a different timeline and therefore can end up differently than that other hellhole of a reality.

Mirra: Hopefully events will change to not go down that route.

Voporak: Indeed.

*Voporak glances at the profile and image displayed on his desk screen, the profile belonging to Samantha Allington.*
OOC: Ooh... Nice touch with the reference to the other thread!
My Fan Fictions
Survivor of Romulus
# 139
10-17-2013, 05:13 PM
OOC new to rp let me know if i'm screwing up

*Aboard the Echo of Damnation, a Scimitar class dreadnought, a tired Romulan general is in his ready room. His head is in his hands and his shoulders are slumped. Before him stood his first officer, tactical officer, and security officer. All Three were uneasy, they knew the general was strained but never before had they witnessed a look of such defeat on him.*

General: We have new orders.

1st officer: And judging by your reaction I'm getting a new ship.

*The tactical and security officers look at each other then the 1st officer then finally the general who had a slight gleam in his eye and a smirk*

General: No Rawne I don't think that is your fate. Sadly I doubt you'll ever get your own command. The worst has come to pass.

Rawne: You don't mean...

General: Yes it has happened. I know you said as much when we received orders to tail the federation ever since we received reports of temporal anomalies on Earth. I just never believed our "honourable" benefactors would do this. Much less have us pull the trigger.

The tactical officer spoke up: You question the honour of the Klingon empire?

General: Yes... I do... We have been ordered to engage the federation while they are in disarray from borg abductions and experimentation. We know their destination is the vault.

Rawne: Shall I have the helmsman plot a course?

General: This is why you gentlemen are here save for the ever proud Band'our I know you and Kolkolea to be loyal to me. not the empire me. I need you all to understand that war with the federation will mean our people's extinction. We are sent to the front of every conflict to prove our loyalty to both sides any time there is a skirmish we become more and more an endangered species. Band'our I beg you to understand why I cannot consider myself honourable while causing the deaths of my last remaining kin.

Band'our: Sir! You mean to disobey a direct order?

General: No. I mean to do worse. I mean to Contact the federation vessels and warn them. I mean to betray the empire. This is no longer the IKS Echo of damnation. This is The Alessia. A last bulwark of my people and you will not interfere.

*The shriek of air cooked by disruptor energy shattered the silence and Band'our slumped back into the wall with a look of shock on his face*
Band'our: You.. Have no ... honour

General: Neither does the empire

*Rawne fires again*

Rawne: shall I tell the helmsman we are heading to the vault?

General: Yes... and give me a general hail to the ship. The orion crew have accepted payment and are ours. the nausicaans are tired of being little more than shock troops to the Klingons and have freely offered their support. Kolkolea gather any Klingon crew and determine loyalty, I'm sure at least a few agree with us. It is time for us to begin.

Rawne: At once General Ibram
Starfleet Veteran
# 140
10-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcomissargaunt View Post
OOC new to rp let me know if i'm screwing up

*Aboard the Echo of Damnation, a Scimitar class dreadnought, a tired Romulan general is in his ready room. His head is in his hands and his shoulders are slumped. Before him stood his first officer, tactical officer, and security officer. All Three were uneasy, they knew the general was strained but never before had they witnessed a look of such defeat on him.*

General: We have new orders.

1st officer: And judging by your reaction I'm getting a new ship.

*The tactical and security officers look at each other then the 1st officer then finally the general who had a slight gleam in his eye and a smirk*

General: No Rawne I don't think that is your fate. Sadly I doubt you'll ever get your own command. The worst has come to pass.

Rawne: You don't mean...

General: Yes it has happened. I know you said as much when we received orders to tail the federation ever since we received reports of temporal anomalies on Earth. I just never believed our "honourable" benefactors would do this. Much less have us pull the trigger.

The tactical officer spoke up: You question the honour of the Klingon empire?

General: Yes... I do... We have been ordered to engage the federation while they are in disarray from borg abductions and experimentation. We know their destination is the vault.

Rawne: Shall I have the helmsman plot a course?

General: This is why you gentlemen are here save for the ever proud Band'our I know you and Kolkolea to be loyal to me. not the empire me. I need you all to understand that war with the federation will mean our people's extinction. We are sent to the front of every conflict to prove our loyalty to both sides any time there is a skirmish we become more and more an endangered species. Band'our I beg you to understand why I cannot consider myself honourable while causing the deaths of my last remaining kin.

Band'our: Sir! You mean to disobey a direct order?

General: No. I mean to do worse. I mean to Contact the federation vessels and warn them. I mean to betray the empire. This is no longer the IKS Echo of damnation. This is The Alessia. A last bulwark of my people and you will not interfere.

*The shriek of air cooked by disruptor energy shattered the silence and Band'our slumped back into the wall with a look of shock on his face*
Band'our: You.. Have no ... honour

General: Neither does the empire

*Rawne fires again*

Rawne: shall I tell the helmsman we are heading to the vault?

General: Yes... and give me a general hail to the ship. The orion crew have accepted payment and are ours. the nausicaans are tired of being little more than shock troops to the Klingons and have freely offered their support. Kolkolea gather any Klingon crew and determine loyalty, I'm sure at least a few agree with us. It is time for us to begin.

Rawne: At once General Ibram
OOC: You're doing great.

*I.K.S. Kahless, Qonos Sector. The Negh'var-Class Battleship is holding alongside a Gorn Cruiser.

Brigadier General Torpal, Son of Megh'bar, sits in his ready room, speaking with his Gorn Tactical Officer, S'taal.*

S'taal: ...And the Empire'sss devoting 3 new shipsss to the Federation Front.

Torpal: And our orders?

S'taal: We remain under autonomy conditionsss, General.

Torpal: Very well.

Set course for the Psi Velorum Sector Block. We will investigate this build up of Starfleet Vessels on the Romulan Border.

S'taal: Yesss sssir.
My Fan Fictions