Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
Can "Cryptic Hates Us" Be Justified...?

Stay with me here... it is kind of a opinionated context fact...

In one of the pod-casts.... someone said:

Podcast 137: Time: 23:50, "Started making Klingon content of all things"

Just the tone and the words itself interests me...

Does Cryptic REALLY care?

=== Other Things Related =======

*We still dont have a KDF 100 Day Veteran Reward

*We have to grind for Hargh'peng Torpedoes While Federation and Romulan get it for free by mission.

*Costumes limited to blood red, dirty gold, void blue, and empty grey.

*Gorn, Naussicans, and Letheans still can't have females, while Remans can EVEN though they weren't canon.

++ Gorn Females ARE Canon by my book, IDK about the Naussicans and Letheans (Back Me Up Here if There Are Female Naussicans and Letheans)

*Haven't gotten a new ZEN ship in 1 1/2 - 2 Years

+++ Last One: Bortasqu'

++ Those Two Lower Level New Ones Were ALREADY made.. just not put in game because no lvll KDF 1-50 At The Time. They were tested in Beta.

+Fleet ships/Veteran DO NOT COUNT Since it is not openly claimable. (As in, restricted)

*Took KDF 3 1/2 Years to get lvl 1-50, Took ROM 1 Month

*No LVL 50 Special Costume, No lvl 4 Marauding Special Costume, And UN-Changeable Lvl 4 Marauding BOFFs while FEDS can edit theirs.

*Put More Below

I tried best not to whine here. I tried to state more sad facts and revelations than anything.

Yes.. it is here we go again... but at least I am not going overboard DOOM.... I just heard people think Cryptic hates us... and I am trying to show some points that may be related.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Last edited by blagorm; 09-02-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
09-02-2013, 07:07 PM
FACEPALM

Oh boy, here we go again.... *sighs*
Captain
# 3
09-02-2013, 07:11 PM
true here we go, but still... he's right
Career Officer
# 4
09-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Come on... this is beyond beating a dead horse... we've moved on to whipping the glue that the dead horse was turned into.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaftravis05 View Post
true here we go, but still... he's right
At least my point got across. I am not trying to whine... the "Cryptic HAtes Us" is kind of like a Urban Myth. It is as real as it is not.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Considering all we need is a easy to find DOFF assignment that's 1 hour to get a Harg'peng I like the way we get it.

The mission for Feds scrambles your interface.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Career Officer
# 7
09-02-2013, 10:32 PM
>>Got my dead horse beating stick out<<

Let's not forget, if it's buggy on the KDF side it takes a lot longer to get fixed than on the Fed side.
Career Officer
# 8
09-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Ever since LoR there has been Zero point in playing my KDF toon, apart from nostalgia.

Playing a romulan is superior in every way to a KDF as a tac captain in a BOP, and certainly any other ship, since the lot of Romulan ships had Battle Cloak - Substantially less defensive cloaking values , longer cloak cooldown, signifigantly less critical hit chance potential, 3 tac consoles vs 4 or 5 tac consoles - my KDF bop is that I have played and loved for years is absolute garbage next to my brand new Romulan Warbird that doesent even have reputations maxed, much less as nice of gear. OOooh I can turn a tiny bit faster. Big ****ing deal.

Its a shame, I really liked this game, and I didnt mind investing my time or resources on it.

I have tried really really hard to stick with it, believe that it is just a new content issue, and that there will be some semblance of balance, I have tried not to feel insulted or abused as a customer, but I am at the end of my patience with cryptic and their power creep, and basically nerfing a whole faction into the ground.

Last edited by pulserazor; 09-02-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Captain
# 9
09-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulserazor View Post
Ever since LoR there has been Zero point in playing my KDF toon, apart from nostalgia.

Playing a romulan is superior in every way to a KDF as a tac captain in a BOP, and certainly any other ship. -
Only true and only matters if playing "the best, most powerful, quickest killing" character/ship is what's important to you.

Some of us like playing Fed, Klingon or Rommie, because we like playing Fed, Klingon or Rommie.

It would be more honest of you to say, YOU have no reason to play X because Y is better. For some of us it's about the play, not the specs,...
U.S.S. Pyxis NX-92673 - ( Fleet Defiant ), U.S.S. Rukantha - ( Delta Class )
I.K.S. Faru Sadin - ( Fleet B'rel )
R.R.W. Rhadamanthys - ( Fleet T'Varo )

"Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." - Me
Captain
# 10
09-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulserazor View Post

Playing a romulan is superior in every way to a KDF as a tac captain in a BOP, and certainly any other ship, since the lot of Romulan ships had Battle Cloak - Substantially less defensive cloaking values , longer cloak cooldown, signifigantly less critical hit chance potential, 3 tac consoles vs 4 or 5 tac consoles - my KDF bop is that I have played and loved for years is absolute garbage next to my brand new Romulan Warbird that doesent even have reputations maxed, much less as nice of gear. OOooh I can turn a tiny bit faster. Big ****ing deal.

Its a shame, I really liked this game, and I didnt mind investing my time or resources on it.

I have tried really really hard to stick with it, believe that it is just a new content issue, and that there will be some semblance of balance, I have tried not to feel insulted or abused as a customer, but I am at the end of my patience with cryptic and their power creep, and basically nerfing a whole faction into the ground.
Yeah, I'm stubbornly sticking with my KDF BoP in PvP. It's definitely outdated now, in the face of what the Romulans offer. The universal boffstations aren't all that awesome nowadays, the Romulans get a better battlecloak for less sacrifice, etc. I've been noting that it's gotten awfully hard to fight effectively in PvP using a BoP because it's so squishy compared to what the Romulan ships are capable of. Not to mention every two-bit Fed-lover can just roll a Romulan and turn BoP tactics against the BoPs using ships that are better at said tactics. I don't even like to fight in arenas anymore, because I know my BoP is a liability. I stick with C+H and Ker'rat.

It's really frustrating. I'm hoping Cryptic buffs the BoP class in general at some point, in a way that makes the BoPs relevant again.
tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp