Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
09-03-2013, 07:23 AM
I doubt cryptic as an entity hates the KDF as the reason why they spend less time creating KDF content so much as the marketing data of IP owners of Star Trek shows Klingon merchandize does not sell near as well as fed stuff.
They are following the biggest money trail and we smaller fanbases are left wanting because of it.

Now as to individual Cryptic employees hating Klingons and the KDF, who can say? Let thier tweets speak for themselves.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 12
09-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezarg View Post
Yeah, I'm stubbornly sticking with my KDF BoP in PvP. It's definitely outdated now, in the face of what the Romulans offer. The universal boffstations aren't all that awesome nowadays, the Romulans get a better battlecloak for less sacrifice, etc. I've been noting that it's gotten awfully hard to fight effectively in PvP using a BoP because it's so squishy compared to what the Romulan ships are capable of. Not to mention every two-bit Fed-lover can just roll a Romulan and turn BoP tactics against the BoPs using ships that are better at said tactics. I don't even like to fight in arenas anymore, because I know my BoP is a liability. I stick with C+H and Ker'rat.

It's really frustrating. I'm hoping Cryptic buffs the BoP class in general at some point, in a way that makes the BoPs relevant again.
Was this you yesterday? Barg 2

I have to disagree that Romulans are that superior. Fleet T'Varo is the closest comparison to a Fleet B'rel BoP due to both having Enhanced Battlecloak. However, the T'Varo is also very squishy, although technically a little more resilient than the BoP, it comes at the expense of less speed and turn rate. Speed & turn rate can make an otherwise squishy ship like the Risian Corvette comparable if not surpassing the Bug ship.

The All-Universal boff stations is a big deal vs. the Romulans. The T'Varo, Dhelan and Valdore, none of them can use PSW III or VM III in their decloaked alpha whereas BoP can. Minimax mostly flies a T'Varo now, frankly, his alpha is getting pretty useless because he always opens with a VM1 which is like shooting air gun at a Federation ship with 170+ subsystem repair & 70+ inertial dampeners. The effect last barely 1 sec. So now he adds in Jam Sensors as well but people quickly adapt by figuring out what he is doing.

I will never take a true BoP lightly because they remain the only ship that can truly disable a target before using the double tap exploit. A T'Varo, I just laugh.
Empire Veteran
# 13
09-03-2013, 02:32 PM
*sigh*

Again, it is not a "WOE IS ME THREAD"

It is a thread really wondering about... being the conditions of the Empire.... does Cryptic even want us anymore?

Who knows? It might just be a thing like this:

WARNING: MELODRAMATIC SCENE!

KDF = * CRYPTIC = $ FED = @

*Hello Cryptic. I was wondering... we uh.... have been short on.. how do you say.... supplies... and our Generals can't seem to find new arsenals of ships to fly... and the ones we have need some re-making. Is there any chance we could... I don't know... get some help?

$ I am sorry but no. Why would you even be asking us this? You got lvl 1-50. Why in the universe would you need a new ship? You got the Bortasqu', why don't you live on that?

@ Well, they surley won't live long with my GALAXY CRUISER! The Empire is so run down, they will just destroy themselves! *gives Cryptic $1,000,000* Here you go. Get back with those new ships every month.

*WAIT! We got money! We just are conserving it so we can wait for some quality things to buy!

$ Well.. by the ratings of the Bortasqu' you are broke. I am sorry, it is just not meant to be.

RANDOM ROMULAN: WE RULE ALL OF YOU! ALL THOSE ALLIES ARE SPIES AND YOU ALL SHALL DIE! MAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH!

Oops... too loud. Here... *pays 10,000,000*

*WOE IS THE EMPIRE! WOE IS ME! WOE IS THEE! WOE IS EVERYONE BUT THE BEE! MAY S'YAHAZAH BLESS THE GORN BEFORE THEY GO REBEL AGAINST ME! SO MUCH DEATH I KEEP RHYMING WITH NO SENSE OF LEAVE!

*Melodramatic Scene, True, But Over-Exaggerated.

AKA: Home is where the money is. If your home has no money, forget you.

Wow... I really just got WOE WOE WOE didn't I?

Here is really how I see it in 3 Sentences.

Money is the main characteristics of getting content and KDF has NO CHANCE to show they have money, with the outdated weakened and nerfed content that also includes bugs and copy-paste un-edited to fit KDF work.

The population won't change because the interest is no different, all you did was make it "more open" but if people WANTED KDF.... they WOULD HAVE Joined already.

Face it... if you can make a "Third-World" Empire in 3 1/2 years, but a "First Class" Republic in 1-3 Months... It sucks to think why.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Captain
# 14
09-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
Was this you yesterday? Barg 2

I have to disagree that Romulans are that superior. Fleet T'Varo is the closest comparison to a Fleet B'rel BoP due to both having Enhanced Battlecloak. However, the T'Varo is also very squishy, although technically a little more resilient than the BoP, it comes at the expense of less speed and turn rate. Speed & turn rate can make an otherwise squishy ship like the Risian Corvette comparable if not surpassing the Bug ship.

The All-Universal boff stations is a big deal vs. the Romulans. The T'Varo, Dhelan and Valdore, none of them can use PSW III or VM III in their decloaked alpha whereas BoP can. Minimax mostly flies a T'Varo now, frankly, his alpha is getting pretty useless because he always opens with a VM1 which is like shooting air gun at a Federation ship with 170+ subsystem repair & 70+ inertial dampeners. The effect last barely 1 sec. So now he adds in Jam Sensors as well but people quickly adapt by figuring out what he is doing.

I will never take a true BoP lightly because they remain the only ship that can truly disable a target before using the double tap exploit. A T'Varo, I just laugh.
Nah, I usually do better than that fellow. In most matches (unless I'm against a bunch of top-tier players from Sad Pandas, etc) I usually manage to get at least 1-2 kills to my credit. On bad days, I blow up 2-4 times. Depends on how many mines people spam everywhere (one match recently had mines accounting for 2-3 out of 4 deaths), and how good at anti-cloak tactics they are. I consider myself a vulnerability because I'm both squishy AND not doing as much damage as other similarly squishy ships because I'm flying a Fleet Norgh with 3 tac consoles. On top of that, I don't use exploits. . .I don't double-tap. I'm not skilled enough to properly use PSW before hitting the target, because that requires more precise piloting than I'm able to do most of the time.

I do my part, but the weaknesses of the BoP class really make it difficult nowadays.
tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp