Career Officer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvquN...=TLI0KRi3iBwmk

A continuation of the budget builds actually. This is from level 40. This build will basically take the ship up to cap, then it can be kitted out for a wider variety of missions.

Oddly, the expertise shortage hurt the most. The gear is cheap! Anyways this installment gives a bit of a better overview on the resists scheme. Cheers!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
# 2
09-03-2013, 03:48 AM
Not bad, it's good that someone is creating these for people to look at. For me the biggest increase in DPS/tanking/science space wizardry comes from having the right abilities over having expensive gear.

One thing worth mentioning is that if you will unlock higher tier (in this case mk XI and XII) it's usually better to buy common gear of the highest mark you can equip as you can sell it back for what you paid when you're done. Essentially it's like renting gear and it really is the abilities that make or break builds more often than not.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Career Officer
# 3
09-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Have you tried using STO Academy to show off your skill points and rep system as well?

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner
Commander
# 4
09-03-2013, 08:34 AM
^^ Definitely one of the best tools for such a thing
Career Officer
# 5 thankyou!
09-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
Not bad, it's good that someone is creating these for people to look at. For me the biggest increase in DPS/tanking/science space wizardry comes from having the right abilities over having expensive gear.

One thing worth mentioning is that if you will unlock higher tier (in this case mk XI and XII) it's usually better to buy common gear of the highest mark you can equip as you can sell it back for what you paid when you're done. Essentially it's like renting gear and it really is the abilities that make or break builds more often than not.
Yes the intro to budget builds does go over the idea of just purchasing common items to test out different builds, as do like, now that i think of it, every budget build i did before the last couple.

The new bit is just to show folks that sure you can get some "shiney" gear pretty cheaply.

And the skill planner, good idea. I could put a link in the description i'll have to investigate that.

Cheers and ty for commenting! Please comment on the vids it livens the channel up!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!