Survivor of Romulus
# 2441
08-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Had the best bad STF on Saturday
How so you ask?
IS Normal (was trying out a new build on my Klingon alt)
3 of the players were inexperienced on this map, which became obvious when the optional was lost and they immediately warped out.
1 player and myself stayed, he flew a Wells. (I hope he/she reads this)
We didn't get the optional, but we both hung in there and finished the map. Took a while. Let me tell you how awesome that was, once we coordinated on who was doing what, it was awesome and exciting. Did a bit to restore my faith in the game community. I thought about telling him "Sorry" and bail as well, but I'm glad I stayed. It put a new twist on a map I've already done thousands of times.
If you're out there Wells captain, I salute you!

Last edited by johnny1051; 08-19-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 2442
08-22-2013, 11:43 PM
It happened the other night. I pug-ed CSE. There was a little lag for me, but apparently there were cases of dropped players. We almost instantly became 4. I cleared the middle cube and went back to help with spawns. A Ha'feh beam boat with its mediocre damage output somehow managed to kill the said cube. Someone bailed immediately and there were 3 of us left - the mentioned Ha'feh and an assault refit captain, who didn't have a great output, but at least knew what needs to be done (he was on the left before the cube went down). He started working on the right cube, I took care of both left and right cube raptor spawns for quite a while and the Ha'feh presented a light show. After 4 waves of raptor, the cube was finally brought down. Then we received a reinforcements and completed everything uneventfully. Of course, the optional was lost due to time constraints...if it wasn't for my new toy, the mission was done for. (it was the test run for my Recluse)
Career Officer
# 2443
08-29-2013, 01:17 PM
It's not a bad experience, just something that annoys me. Almost every time I do The Cure Space on normal difficulty, the following happens:

Enough nanite probes are blown up under one of the cubes. Raptors spawn. Instead of destroying those fast, maneuvrable ships that can cut through your shields in mere seconds (if they attack you both, and if the cube interferes) and destroy your hull with just one or two lucky heavy plasma torpedoes, the first thought of most people is: "nah, I'll just keep targeting this totally undangerous, unarmed ?nd non-moving little nano-thingy here."

Yes, you may try to use Brace for Impact, Science team and countless other heals/resistance buffs, but it's not going to help you survive if you don't answer the incoming fire with some of your own.
Captain
# 2444
08-30-2013, 06:48 AM
I won't say it was my worse but most annoying. Was in infected conduit yesterday and right away I could tell we lacked DPS. I was on my engineer / fleet assault so I was partly to blame there.

Anyways we star working on left side when a certain Captain Couragous starts telling us to pick up our pace. Seconds later he ompletely ignores 10 % rule and blows up generator. I guess he wanted to put some pressure on us. So since my DPS is lacking I went to intercept Nanite spheres and root them with eject plasma. Immediately he starts cursing me out. I tell him that I am running interference but he can't understand the concept. As soon as the optional fails he bails.

Rest of the team sticks it out and we finish minus one loudmouth and an optional. Thanked everyone for staying on.
Captain
# 2445
09-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Had a bad one today.
I don't know if people do it on purpose, don't know the mission or are just plain dumb. After blowing up the generator on the left, most of the team went to the right and left the spheres behind. Then left the cube intact while starting to destroy the transformers. So at one point you've got spheres, a cube and the transformers to deal with. It was a mess...
Lt. Commander
# 2446
09-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Last night I did the three space STFs before going to bed. ISE and CSE were with...passable teams, but in KASE, I began loosing my nerves at one point, fortunately for me, I could hold back from typing in the chat.
Sooo...we start the mission - nothing suspicious - I start launching my fighters and after 25 seconds I join the fight against the tactical cube. We're done with it relatively fast, I stayed at the center to herd my fighters (the damn zerglings have the habit of running off to the other side of the map, leaving me clawless). Seeing that there is no one on the right side, I went there and did my routine. There were 11 minutes left on the optional timer, when I started camping at the right gate disposing of the emerging probes...and I did that for maybe 15 minutes, I even went to help with probes on the left. At some point someone started to take my probes, I went to clear the other cube and transformer and the gate. They were gone fast enough, then I headed to the left side. They finished the gate after I managed the spheres and probes that emerged when I destroyed the right gate. Donatra was sent off very fast thanks to the fact that noone went close to her ship - GW, APB3 and a lot of HY plasma torps did the job.
PuGs sure are interesting
Captain
# 2447
09-04-2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post
Last night I did the three space STFs before going to bed. ISE and CSE were with...passable teams, but in KASE, I began loosing my nerves at one point, fortunately for me, I could hold back from typing in the chat.
Sooo...we start the mission - nothing suspicious - I start launching my fighters and after 25 seconds I join the fight against the tactical cube. We're done with it relatively fast, I stayed at the center to herd my fighters (the damn zerglings have the habit of running off to the other side of the map, leaving me clawless). Seeing that there is no one on the right side, I went there and did my routine. There were 11 minutes left on the optional timer, when I started camping at the right gate disposing of the emerging probes...and I did that for maybe 15 minutes, I even went to help with probes on the left. At some point someone started to take my probes, I went to clear the other cube and transformer and the gate. They were gone fast enough, then I headed to the left side. They finished the gate after I managed the spheres and probes that emerged when I destroyed the right gate. Donatra was sent off very fast thanks to the fact that noone went close to her ship - GW, APB3 and a lot of HY plasma torps did the job.
PuGs sure are interesting
sounds to me like the most uneventfull KASE ever...if that is how you define your "worst" STF experiance you should keep away from public queue as far as possible.
Go pro or go home
Lt. Commander
# 2448
09-04-2013, 08:27 AM
The thing is I can't clone myself. If the 4 of them were just killing the probes from both sides, I could take care of everything else and still get the optional. There are times in PuGs when you just have to let yourself be carried and swallow the fact that you do 2000 DPS. KASE is the only STF (from the old 3) that you simply can't do without sensible help. In ISE and CSE, however your teammates halfass, you can make it right with sheer firepower.

Eventful or not - it's very subjective and is based on how the majority of your pugs go. In KASE with a good PuG team we finish with 8 to 9:30 left on the optional. With a bad PuG team - 4 to 6 minutes left on the optional.

Last edited by satanailofhwbg; 09-04-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Career Officer
# 2449
09-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post
The thing is I can't clone myself. If the 4 of them were just killing the probes from both sides, I could take care of everything else and still get the optional. There are times in PuGs when you just have to let yourself be carried and swallow the fact that you do 2000 DPS. KASE is the only STF (from the old 3) that you simply can't do without sensible help. In ISE and CSE, however your teammates halfass, you can make it right with sheer firepower.

Eventful or not - it's very subjective and is based on how the majority of your pugs go. In KASE with a good PuG team we finish with 8 to 9:30 left on the optional. With a bad PuG team - 4 to 6 minutes left on the optional.
This is probably why ISE seems to be the most popular STF* It has no fail mechanism and is relatively easy in compairison to the the other STF with no built-in fail mechanic (HOSE)

*(from my experience anyway, have NEVER had to queue long for an instance of it).

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 2450 speical ed task force
09-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Anything before session 7. What you see now is the effects of session 7 on the people who play STF now. They don't have to play all the STF missions so they don't have to learn anything. Back then even when its was bad it was 100% better then what you get now. Most players now can only do infected space because it pretty much a "face-rube on the keyboard" mission. Its sad to see some one with an assault cruiser or something with nothing but duel beams trying to play. On the plus side i have had the chance to completed infected space all on my own. yes its can be done.