Empire Veteran
# 41
07-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
So I wanted to pose the question:

If a fleet version of the Chimera/Peghqu'/Rom vet ship was released via the fleet shipyard for 1 module + 20,000 fc, would you buy it?

It would still be exclusive to lifetime/1000-day vets, and be priced similar to a fleet version of an already owned C-Store ship.
Yes, and I would love to have it with the stipulation that only a Tier 1 Ship Yard be required for this.
Republic Veteran
# 42
07-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Al "Geko" had mentioned in an interview that they didn't want to do fleet versions right away for the Vet ships because they didn't want to say "Here is your free ship, now spend some money and get the fleet version."

They might add fleet versions of the Vet ships at some point in the future.
Rihannsu
# 43
07-17-2013, 02:58 PM
I'd love being able to get the Fleet version of the Daenos heavy destroyer for Romulans.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer
Career Officer
# 44
09-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
So I wanted to pose the question:

If a fleet version of the Chimera/Peghqu'/Rom vet ship was released via the fleet shipyard for 1 module + 20,000 fc, would you buy it?

It would still be exclusive to lifetime/1000-day vets, and be priced similar to a fleet version of an already owned C-Store ship.
Absolutely, yes.

Agree with most of what has already been said regarding the extra console slot and shorter cooldown time, just can't see it happening.

If they are seriously thinking of doing a fleet version, I doubt it will be until next year sometime.

I am pretty sick of mine at the moment and I think I am going to take the hit and choose another ship. Guess I have some setting up to do at the weekend
Captain
# 45
09-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
Al "Geko" had mentioned in an interview that they didn't want to do fleet versions right away for the Vet ships because they didn't want to say "Here is your free ship, now spend some money and get the fleet version."

They might add fleet versions of the Vet ships at some point in the future.
Don't see why they just can't boost them to having fleet stats.
After all, they did it for the lockbox ships.
With exception of the latest ones they all had Vice Admiral stats, and got an automatic free upgrade when Fleet Ships were released.
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
09-04-2013, 07:02 AM
I can't see a problem with a fleet version of the Chimera (and others faction equivs), provided, as other people have said, it remains exclusive to veterans , and the stat increase is worth the investment.

Been using the Chimera alot, mainly for EC Farming and I have to say, if you spec it right its a tough little bugger with a very nasty bite.

The opinions expressed within my posts may not reflect those of yourself, or others. However in a world where free speech is still valued (mostly) I am entitled to them. Respect & mutual understanding are the first steps towards the human race solving its problems!
Captain
# 47
09-04-2013, 08:53 AM
I think the main problem is this: A fleet level 1000 day ship would be one of the best ships in the game for PvE. If they boost the VA ship to that level it will detract from future profits. If they charge for it then people will get annoyed at paying AGAIN for the bumped version and may deter future purchasing through bad publicity.

Personally I hope they buff it to fleet standard, it may detract from some future profits but it won't earn as much ire from people and there will still be the newest OP ships to be bought. Also don't forget a fleet version is still a 9 console ship if you want the really awesome console it comes with.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
I think the main problem is this: A fleet level 1000 day ship would be one of the best ships in the game for PvE. If they boost the VA ship to that level it will detract from future profits. If they charge for it then people will get annoyed at paying AGAIN for the bumped version and may deter future purchasing through bad publicity.

Personally I hope they buff it to fleet standard, it may detract from some future profits but it won't earn as much ire from people and there will still be the newest OP ships to be bought. Also don't forget a fleet version is still a 9 console ship if you want the really awesome console it comes with.
1000000000% Agreed!

On another note I am going Lifer soon. I was wondering when was the last discounted LTS or do they offer the discount during the Holiday season/New Year or closer to the Anniversary?
Empire Veteran
# 49
12-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Well they made a fleet level version of it so there.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Starfleet Veteran
# 50
12-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Brains....brains... brains!!!!