Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
09-04-2013, 01:12 PM
The biggest problem I've found with starting out in PVP, is one match I will do awesome loads of kills, damage and die very rarely or maybe not even once I will feel like a GOD think to myself I've sussed this PVP job

Then...

The next match p0ps you have 3 odyssey AFK'ers sat there and ill get three cheeky kills with 20+ deaths get zapped with all sorts of cheese TIF, GRAV PULSE, new elachi "ill give you lag make your screen black and then kill you" console then it makes you think why the hell did I grind my arse off for that Marion doff just to come here and get Rofl stomped FFS

It really is a patient time consuming and costly game if your not willing to stick with it, stick with the Borg as next patch will only bring more cheese

However it does feel good when you kill a player compared to a scripted sphere but it feels equally as bad when you get ganked or tag teamed by a shed load of experienced kdf
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Lieutenant
# 12
09-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3ndor99 View Post
Well the title says all really. I've only been to kerrat once, i've only ever excepted a 1v1 invitation once and was crap ( to put it bluntly ), so if pvp is truly the endgame how do i start, who do i speak to, bootcamp maybe, are you pvper's really like what us pve'ers think you are? This is just a simple thread from a pve'er wanting more, cheers.
Game lost the magic after F2P. consoles, reps, etc. PvP is crap. If you get bored, and dont want to PvP, why are you here? This is F2P crap, not even worth the name of Star Trek anymore. If u didnt bought consoles, didnt invested RL money into this crap, then leave game, check back sometimes, youll see that not worth to come back, and move on to other games. There are more games with better pvp and pve than this.
Commander
# 13
09-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
are you pvper's really like what us pve'ers think you are?
I'd be interested to hear what that is...

In my experience, the majority of PvP-oriented players are a lot more congenial and helpful than end-game PvE players.

Join the channel OrganizedPvP and you can almost always get friendly advice. People will even work with your playstyle so you wouldn't have to force yourself into the 'ultimate PvP build' (which is debatable anyway).

Anyway it's pretty much been said in other posts, but PvP is mostly for the challenge and dynamic gameplay. If you do decide to work on your PvP skills, you'll likely end up realizing how insufferably easy and tedious PvE can be.
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Commander
# 14
09-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Join PvP for the challenge. Stay for the comraderie. It's the only satisfying reason to grind for the best gear the game has to offer.
Ignore the negative nelly's. Ignore the stroke fest that is OPvP channel. Join the TylerDurden channel when you've got some fleet/rep passives/gear. PM and talk to people you see that are successful or that you want to emulate.
Read as much as humanly possible. Read all the stickies in this forum especially DDIS ship build guides.
Start grinding as much Dilithium, fleet marks, and EC as you can. You'll need it.
Career Officer
# 15
09-04-2013, 03:25 PM
When you play to a certain point and see that the endgame in STO is all about grinding, and the ability to make new toons has lost all reason if you intend to do the rep grind on it, then PVP is a natural next step besides not doing STO anymore, or Foundry.

If you're still content to do PVE constantly then good for you, I envy you, I wish I could settle for that these days, but I need more from this game then STFs and Defara.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
09-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Well the title says all really. I've only been to kerrat once, i've only ever excepted a 1v1 invitation once and was crap ( to put it bluntly ), so if pvp is truly the endgame how do i start, who do i speak to, bootcamp maybe, are you pvper's really like what us pve'ers think you are? This is just a simple thread from a pve'er wanting more, cheers.
Well Ker'rat is where I learned PvP initially because I got stomped in the Ques very badly when I was level 15 on my first Character. To be honest Ker'rat will give you constant chances to play against others, but a large lacking in advice or friendly competition. Boot camp is an excellent source for information, tips, builds, or general strategies for use in the PvP aspect of this game. Now that being said, sometimes Boot Camp does not work on your schedule, for that you need only to look no further then the forums, we have stickys at the top where builds/strategies are discussed freely and openly with competetive sharing or One upping kept to a minimum.

Now as for the PvPers reputation, we are a bit on the arrogant side. But then again, the bottom 1% of PvPers, is better then the top 1% of PvErs that have not PvPed. So you do not have to be the greatest to be great. The community of those who are skilled is too small. To be honest, there is probly about 100-200 actually legendary PvPers. The rest you can jump in and stand a chance against right out of the gate.

Now if you are wanting just to be better at the game, PvP is your best bet, we think and the borg do not. The builds that work in PvP are much better then the average build for PvE. With the exception of specialized builds.

In a nutshell, come join us. The worst that could happen is you get better.

Last edited by vegie0; 09-04-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 17
09-04-2013, 04:11 PM
I just know I'm going to get raged at , called a troll, coward, etc.

But I all ways found PvPer's to be spiteful and bratty. All ways having to win no matter what the cost, childish taunting, teasing, ganging up on weaker players, etc.

Always put's me off, no matter the game. I know it's just a game, but so many don't see this and even cheat to get that all important win. The hell with feeling's that the other player is feeling.

K, rage away. =3
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.

I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble =3
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
09-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post

But I all ways found PvPer's to be spiteful and bratty. All ways having to win no matter what the cost, childish taunting, teasing, ganging up on weaker players, etc.

Always put's me off, no matter the game. I know it's just a game, but so many don't see this and even cheat to get that all important win. The hell with feeling's that the other player is feeling.

K, rage away. =3
Hey, a lot of players do get turned off by PvP, and I am sorry you are one of them.

If there is any way I can help you, please do not hesitate to ask me in game, or here. But as to the fact of Cheating in game, never actually seen a cheat used. And the only unfair advantages one player can have is when a new item is released that is very Unbalanced or simply broken.

I do again feel bad that PvP has left a you with a sour taste so to speak. If again there is anything we can do to help I am sure we will. Just please do not let your Ego stop you from seeking that advice. As mine did for a long time, and I suffered from the same opinions as a result.
Empire Veteran
# 19
09-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Quote:

K, rage away. =3
your talking about 10% of players, on any pvp game. the % is higher on FPS though, those attract the kiddies more

dont let thier negativity ruin it for you. the vast, vast, majority of pvp regulars are great
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 20
09-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:
The vocal minority. Most people are generally respectful, minus the occasional ganging up on weaker players, but going for the weaker target kinda makes sense in a competitive matchup.
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak