Captain
# 2451
09-05-2013, 08:01 AM
I had a bad STF the other day. It was a PublicEliteSTF run group (95% of the time they succeed!), but their damage output was just so low that I had no other option than to leave the game.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Career Officer
# 2452
09-05-2013, 08:16 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but my worst STF experience was an IGE PUG. What made it so bad was that one member of the team managed to lock the rest of us behind the final force field and stayed by it doing emotes for at least the next 20 minutes until we started dropping out 1 by 1 out of frustration. At one point he even told us he was going afk.

What a jerk!!!
Career Officer
# 2453
09-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussackerman View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but my worst STF experience was an IGE PUG. What made it so bad was that one member of the team managed to lock the rest of us behind the final force field and stayed by it doing emotes for at least the next 20 minutes until we started dropping out 1 by 1 out of frustration. At one point he even told us he was going afk.

What a jerk!!!
That sucks, bigtime - can't say I've had that happen, although I do recall an instance where four of us (myself included) were killed and respawned behind the forcefield; leaving one player still in the 'fight zone' - someone else in the team asked him to jump off the platform, so that he would respawn and we could make another 'fresh' attempt. Nope - said idiot claimed that we were all noobs, he didn't need our help anyway, and proceeded to attempt to go it alone.

Threfore had to laugh when he lasted all of about five seconds, having been multi-blasted by numerous Borg drones. The subsequent 'team chat' was actually a good laugh though, with comments such as "great example of what NOT to do" and "well, you sure showed us!". Idiot then rage-quitted, but the rest of us agreed that we had at least had a good laugh at his expense.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 2454
09-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Not my worse ISE really, but what happened in it sure made it special/memorable enough to mention it here. I believe this was a match setup through publicelitestf channel. But it went so wrong that I started thinking that maybe it wasn't a private ise.

So we quickly and painlessly took care of the patrols (why are they even there?). I head left like the usual, kill cube and generators and begin working on the transformer. It was then that I noticed we were missing 2 people, who were busy blowing nanite gens/cube on the right side. I'm stunned at this point, asking myself what the heck is going on. Ok, maybe they're bringing the nan gen to 10%. So I write in team chat: "new tactic eh?"

...Seconds later...

Aww heck? Why are spheres warping in? Aww heck again, they're heading right. At that point we weren't even done with the left transformer yet. And the right cube was still alive and kicking. A few seconds later, optional was gone.

One teammate promptly warped out (was only 15 marks dude, chill lol), the rest stuck around. I'm dazed, getting a reality check about publicelitestf lol. There was a weird awkward silence that followed, left transformer finally went down, then prepared to head right, dreading what's waiting for me there. Once I got there, it was not pretty, there were at the very least a dozen spheres, many healing the transformer. Tough, but challenge accepted, cleaned up. The rest was a breeze.

That was one hilariously bad ISE but I'm secretly thankful for it. It broke the monotony in my grind routine.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
Fed Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Lt. Commander
# 2455
09-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Not my worse ISE really, but what happened in it sure made it special/memorable enough to mention it here. I believe this was a match setup through publicelitestf channel. But it went so wrong that I started thinking that maybe it wasn't a private ise.
I've seen this. I think that newbies confuse KASE with ISE (damn, who thought up the tactics "shoot the nanites, ignore the cube!?"). And the worst is that you can't do anything about it.
Captain
# 2456
09-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post
I've seen this. I think that newbies confuse KASE with ISE (damn, who thought up the tactics "shoot the nanites, ignore the cube!?"). And the worst is that you can't do anything about it.
Maybe it's actually CSE, that would account for the ignoring the cube part, and there is a perfectly viable (although not necessarily efficient) strategy in CSN and CSE where everyone splits up and attacks each set of probes and cube simultaneously, and handles all spawns that come from it. (It's actually pretty good for pugs, where you don't want to put too much pressure on any one member.)
Captain
# 2457
09-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Why people don't read the walkthroughs before even attempting elite STFs is beyond me, they are there for a good reason.
Knowledge is power
Lieutenant
# 2458
09-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven2378 View Post
Why people don't read the walkthroughs before even attempting elite STFs is beyond me, they are there for a good reason.
Not in game they aren't. Solo players won't even think about looking them up on the wiki. It's not that they don't want to either. No one can find walkthroughs for anything in sto unless they're willing to dig deeper and shamelessly ask for help.
Republic Veteran
# 2459
09-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Had a Khitomer Vortex (Normal) a couple of days ago that's pretty memorable. Not my worst STF experience, those are Hive Onslaughts of late, but it stands out.

It was a pug, which is fine for normals levels and things were going well when two members drop for no apparent reason. That left three of us to both take down generators/transformers, deal with spheres as they popped up and ride herd on the probes heading for the gate.

We didn't make the optional, a couple of probes slipped by while we got our act together, but we held it from there and actually succeeded in the mission. Donatra with just the three of use was ... interesting.
Lieutenant
# 2460
09-10-2013, 12:05 AM
A couple days ago I PUGed an ISE. I know, PUGing was my first mistake. This group had to have been total noobs as I had to have had the highest DPS in the whole group and I was on my main eng toon flying a Vesta. We got the intro cube and spheres fine, then after popping the cube over the left transformer and taking out the gen I targeted, I went to keep the nanite spheres at bay while everyone else took out the transformer. Worked fine, especially as my GW was supplemented by someone dumping warp plasma around the nanite spheres. Then on to the right side. I think it's going to go well, despite an assault cruiser that seems unable to leave the respawn waiting room. We pop the cube, and go to work on the gens. Once again, after popping my gen I head to work on delaying the nanite spheres. That's where things went to *bleep* in a hurry. The person who used EWP on the first side tried it again while going with EM running and left big holes in his loop of warp plasma. This allowed the nanite spheres to escape once my GW went bye-bye. And the transformer wasn't even down to 75% yet. Well, optional blown, oh well. Get the nanites cleared up and I take on the transformer by myself while everyone else is busy going after normal spheres. I'm too busy hitting one power after another to try to take down the transformer in time to be able to type asking for help. More nanites get to the transformer and heal it after I single-handedly get it down to 50%. After that we just can't keep the nanites off the map or at bay long enough to take down that transformer. Seeing as it's a lost cause, I abandon the group and take the leaver penalty, which for some reason didn't stop me from jumping right back into another instance for the same STF.