Captain
# 41
09-03-2013, 06:44 PM
THe TRUE reason we see less KDF and Rommie ships in comparison to fed is simple. THEY DIDN'T DESIGN AS MANY. Both are really if it ain't broke don't fix it mentaility. Fed likes to try new things. Every few years they come up with a new design. the KDF just refit an existing design. Rommie have one ship left for them to have. after that they have to create more and we have seen STO designs. most yuck. if they can get either fan made or other companies designs then we could see more.
Captain
# 42
09-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
THe TRUE reason we see less KDF and Rommie ships in comparison to fed is simple. THEY DIDN'T DESIGN AS MANY. Both are really if it ain't broke don't fix it mentaility. Fed likes to try new things. Every few years they come up with a new design. the KDF just refit an existing design. Rommie have one ship left for them to have. after that they have to create more and we have seen STO designs. most yuck. if they can get either fan made or other companies designs then we could see more.
Every few years? Fed designers and Engineers are ALWAYS fiddling. i am actually fairly certain within 5 minutes of the Engineers getting aboard a ship it becomes different than every other one in the fleet.

Think of the Federation from an American(definetly not saying another point wont work)point of View, like us they always want bigger, better, faster. (for the short list)

But then you add in more mentalaties from just our lovely little planet. Shinier, smarter, more advanced.(definetly not singling anyone out here)

Then add all the other 1000's of species in. You have a massive melting pot of ideas and thoughts and desgins. Federation is all about bettering themselves, so they would never stop at a few designs.

Klingons on the other hand, Each ship is owned, operated and built by the specific houses. With constant rivalry , infighting and need for honor. (not saying these are bad things)

But they have desgins that work, with smaller crews. Warships being sturdier, and BoP's being lighter for quick hit and runs.

Comparing the two in ship departments is like asking, why fire can't be more like ice.
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
09-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
What we need are defiant frigates:
Why is it always the Defiant? The Sabre would be more in line Tier and Size wise. If the Atrox gets a Frigate (And it deserves too) it should be of Catian design.

capnshadow27, the Thoron Device replaces a Torpedo but I think you've gotten closer than anybody else to being fair. Convert the Stalkers to Frigates and use Peregrines (OK we all know if you use Fighter it's Scorpions) as Fighters.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 44
09-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Why is it always the Defiant? The Sabre would be more in line Tier and Size wise. If the Atrox gets a Frigate (And it deserves too) it should be of Catian design.

capnshadow27, the Thoron Device replaces a Torpedo but I think you've gotten closer than anybody else to being fair. Convert the Stalkers to Frigates and use Peregrines (OK we all know if you use Fighter it's Scorpions) as Fighters.
The only reason i kept the Thoron on is simply th elite Fer'Jai

[Antiproton Dual Cannons]
[Antiproton Turret]
[Chroniton Torpedo Launcher]
[Tricobalt Torpedo Launcher]
[Tricobalt Mine Launcher]
Cannon: Rapid Fire III
Torpedo: High Yield III
Aceton Beam I

the antiproton sweep and the thoron gen are defensive to the offensive of the fer'jai. and i didnt exactly give it top of the line weapons.

I mean you got to admit the Fer'Jai has some pretty awesome armaments.
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Captain
# 45
09-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Take the WW2 approach to carrier design for a fed carrier, have peregrines as the the fighters and have an all new bomber design for anti shipping work.

Armaments wise, have the new ship bristling with heavy duty turrets, and reinforced hulls and shields for taking fire.

Those would be the ideal place to start the design from.

Mirror NX, you know you want it

Last edited by theraven2378; 09-04-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 46
09-04-2013, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnshadow27 View Post
The only reason i kept the Thoron on is simply th elite Fer'Jai

[Antiproton Dual Cannons]
[Antiproton Turret]
[Chroniton Torpedo Launcher]
[Tricobalt Torpedo Launcher]
[Tricobalt Mine Launcher]
Cannon: Rapid Fire III
Torpedo: High Yield III
Aceton Beam I

the antiproton sweep and the thoron gen are defensive to the offensive of the fer'jai. and i didnt exactly give it top of the line weapons.

I mean you got to admit the Fer'Jai has some pretty awesome armaments.
I never realised how good Elite Fer'Jai are.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-04-2013, 04:52 AM
no more carriers pls
Armada Estelar Argentina
I support : Bridge modules;What is your beef with the Galaxy Cryptic? the longest post until now, maybe it's time to do something about it ... SRS-Galaxy COMM Channel for all captains of Galaxy-R/-X to be united in the Galaxy Class attack Wing, a multi fleet escuadron
Career Officer
# 48
09-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven2378 View Post
Take the WW2 approach to carrier design for a fed carrier, have peregrines as the the fighters and have an all new bomber design for anti shipping work.

Armaments wise, have the new ship bristling with heavy duty turrets, and reinforced hulls and shields for taking fire.

Those would be the ideal place to start the design from.
That's a great idea, and it's pretty much what I was going for. I would love for a new turret with a bit more punch than the current ones, so we could outfit a ship with fore and aft turrets without sacrificing dps. A carrier won't turn on a dime, so we might as well have the firepower to sustain combat from all angles.