Career Officer
# 21
09-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokreign View Post
I consider the ones crying about optionals and hollering at others to be the 'bad' players.
Me too.

Seriously, if you think missing out on 15 omega marks gives you an excuse to berate your team, you're a bad person.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 22
09-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
Same here.
I don't know what's worse...the guy that doesn't know ESTF's or the 1337ist douche telling everyone their dps sucks.
You forgot "1337ist that doesn't know ESTFs". I'm sure we all have encountered them before - usually the ones that have the rainbow boat with a spare skittle tosser saying how their "1337 build" has "pwned pve" and should steamroll the ESTF...

I vaguely recall an ISE that had one of these. We all went left, "1337ie" went right. We wiped the side "in order", he hadn't even popped the cube. When we caught up to him, popped cube in short order, and started wiping the rest in order. Heck, funny thing was that I was in my old Luna for this, so I wasn't exactly a DPS machine (usually my nanite was the last to hit 10%), and I was still last even with his "help"...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Commander
# 23
09-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spielman1 View Post
I find it funny when you call a bad team out on a mission that is actually quite simple to do once you get the hang of it they get all mad and angry then start the insult game I find it funny. It only happens when you call theme out on it or stat that fact, Example the STF Conduit I find this level or mission even on Elite quite simple, Kill all ships in the area in than 15 minutes with out theme healing. Yet for many I see it is Mission Impossible, they A don't look and check there surrounding9not requited but a smart idea), or they die a hundred times then complain even more when they cant stay alive for than a second or kill the Large Nanite Generator before the Nanite Spheres get there. Just funny if you ask me, if you want you can post the worse teams you have seen and why if you want.
I was thrown into that situation when I first started running STF Elites. In fact, at first, I either hated or was afraid to run them for a while. After running them for a few times with one of my fleets, and upgrading all of my equipment, I eventually got used to them and even started to enjoy running them! And believe it or not, I have become quite experienced running them! I will admit that the number of time I have been sunk in them has been hit and miss (between not being sunk at all and getting sunk every 5-10 seconds). But, I have truly gone from being a very inexperienced player to being a veteran in a short time! As such, I believe that it is very much possible that these players who are performing very poorly and then complaining about it are probably very green players that are only experienced in running the normal STFs. My advice, cut 'em some slack! Remember, we were all there at one point or another! Also, ask them what their current build is and give them advice on what they can do to improve upon them! Remember, YOU are the veteran and THEY are not!
Empire Veteran
# 24
09-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampa4 View Post
My advice, cut 'em some slack! Remember, we were all there at one point or another! Also, ask them what their current build is and give them advice on what they can do to improve upon them! Remember, YOU are the veteran and THEY are not!
Problem is, there are some people out there who, no matter how nice you are about it, just refuse to take advice and insist that their build is the only way to go.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/Jagged_Phoenix/SignatureJabitha4_zps2cadf7c1.jpg
Captain
# 25
09-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovakiin View Post
Problem is, there are some people out there who, no matter how nice you are about it, just refuse to take advice and insist that their build is the only way to go.
What's your build?
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Ensign
# 26
09-05-2013, 08:51 PM
The Veteran Screamers are the worst. Personally I hate being the power house in an event. It's a lot of pressure and if everyone else had worse equipment than mine, we'll be less efficient. There are a few man vet types, though. There are the ones that bought their way to victory and that's not so bad. Sometimes maybe they're suffering horrible lag or haven't slept for 3 days and they're good every other time. But then there's these would be support commanders who want to act like there's only one way to run an event. Not only are these guys obnoxious, but sometimes their advice is awful. If you've rescuing Romulan ships and you see 2 guys fighting for a Falccion and they've been at it for 2 minutes or more, don't tell me to not help them. First that's a good ship with good loot from that mob. Next, that's a lane that needs clearing to make room for another ship. When you're dealing with the 3 and 5 point ships, depending on what you're rolling with, it may make sense to converge the whole team for the big and nasty then split up for the light work.

Another thing that comes in is when 3 guys from the same fleet are in a public PvE, and it can go bad in two ways. First, they can insist on doing things in a highly specialized tactical way where everyone has a special role and when me and the other odd man out don't follow suit we get yelled at or those 3 pop in and go off and do their own thing and don't pay attention to what the other 2/5ths of their team is doing. Look, if you're in a public room, you're all Indy operators because your officer is not my officer and the reason he's not my officer is because I didn't want to be in your fleet. I'm not interested in his complicated plan. Get in, do the job, get out, got it?
Captain
# 27
09-05-2013, 09:13 PM
I got told today to not go so fast...

I am not sure where it came from, you know what I mean? I was going at my fleet-pace when we run a premade, in a pug... and apparently people were mad at me thinking I was showing off or something. I just try to get it done as quickly as i can so i can hit the next one.

Slow down? O_o

I understand that some builds are better specced than others for this stuff (my fleet advanced is an absolute pve beast and its intended to be that way), but I would have thought having someone not only holding all aggro, but also surviving it, and doing the lions share of the damage was a good thing?

I am confused.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Commander
# 28
09-05-2013, 09:40 PM
This happened to me last week when I ran an Elite STF with my alternate toon. Now the character is not as strong as my main toon but getting there and the only way is to run elites.

Rewards are ten times better than normal. Anyway the person got mad and went afk after we failed the optional.

I don't understand for the life of me why it is so important to positively, absolutely, everytime get the optionals. Seriously, when you pug there are times that you get a group that is awesome and 3 people carry the whole mission so the shortfall doesnt show as bad.

Then there are ther times when a really strong player gets put in a group with 4 other players that may not be as strong, maybe inexperienced or may just have a different way of doing things.

Not getting the optional is not the end of the world, suck it up and finish the mission. I have seen times when I do elites and get the optional, in the end the reward is not as good as if we fail the optional and finish the mission but it takes longer than normal or average.

If you want to complete the optional everytime and beat the mission in 5 minutes then join the Elite STF channel and team up with a group of experts.
Commander
# 29
09-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmetrikepi View Post
The Veteran Screamers are the worst. Personally I hate being the power house in an event. It's a lot of pressure and if everyone else had worse equipment than mine, we'll be less efficient. There are a few man vet types, though. There are the ones that bought their way to victory and that's not so bad. Sometimes maybe they're suffering horrible lag or haven't slept for 3 days and they're good every other time. But then there's these would be support commanders who want to act like there's only one way to run an event. Not only are these guys obnoxious, but sometimes their advice is awful. If you've rescuing Romulan ships and you see 2 guys fighting for a Falccion and they've been at it for 2 minutes or more, don't tell me to not help them. First that's a good ship with good loot from that mob. Next, that's a lane that needs clearing to make room for another ship. When you're dealing with the 3 and 5 point ships, depending on what you're rolling with, it may make sense to converge the whole team for the big and nasty then split up for the light work.

Another thing that comes in is when 3 guys from the same fleet are in a public PvE, and it can go bad in two ways. First, they can insist on doing things in a highly specialized tactical way where everyone has a special role and when me and the other odd man out don't follow suit we get yelled at or those 3 pop in and go off and do their own thing and don't pay attention to what the other 2/5ths of their team is doing. Look, if you're in a public room, you're all Indy operators because your officer is not my officer and the reason he's not my officer is because I didn't want to be in your fleet. I'm not interested in his complicated plan. Get in, do the job, get out, got it?

I had this happen a few times. Lag is the main thing that sucks in this game and can make or break and STF. I gotta tell you that it is one thing we don't have control over and its one thing that makes me not want to run STF's because I get called a noob when the game lags and I get popped.
Ensign
# 30
09-05-2013, 09:58 PM
The optional cry baby stuff is ridiculous. The thing is that no matter how you slice it, your optional maybe tanked, but here are your options: finish it, get some marks and dilithium put afk and wait longer to finish the match than it should take, or bail and get banned for an hour. The obvious best answer is to finish the job, get paid, and sign up for one if the other 3 Omega mark missions.