Ensign
# 1 Playable Typhoon
09-06-2013, 09:05 PM
hey guys is there any news on if the typhoon will ever be playable
Captain
# 2
09-06-2013, 09:16 PM
I would actually want one of those, if it turned better than the current crop of Cruisers. Better than the Sovereign anyway.
U.S.S. Pyxis NX-92673 - ( Fleet Defiant ), U.S.S. Rukantha - ( Delta Class )
I.K.S. Faru Sadin - ( Fleet B'rel )
R.R.W. Rhadamanthys - ( Fleet T'Varo )

"Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." - Me
Career Officer
# 3
09-06-2013, 09:40 PM
It would likely have a lower turn rate than most existing cruisers, as it's a larger ship.

The only official comment on the Typhoon was that *if* a playable version were ever to become a reality, the existing model would be scrapped and it would be remade from scratch.

There's no word beyond that.
Captain
# 4
09-06-2013, 10:06 PM
From December 2012's Ask Cryptic

"Q: (cylon74656) Will the Steamrunner Class be available for those of us who don?t play through Steam? And also, when will we see the Typhoon Class playable in-game?

Dstahl: The Typhoon Class is a dreadnaught that will most likely not appear as a playable ship until we increase the skill point cap to full Admiral. Even then, we haven?t yet decided if this will be a player ship, but we can be convinced to make it so if there is enough support for it."

Either way, the Typhoon would have to go through a process similar to what the Scimitar went through. It is entirely possible that the Typhoon will be a Tier 6 ship. Being a Full Admiral IMO means that you can promote bridge officers to Captain and have them pilot your unused ships like C-Store and Lockbox ships you tire of and put into drydock to fight with you in combat and go on missions similar to duty officer assignments. Tier 6 ships would be only controlled by the Admiral while you can let your promoted Captains to command anything up to Tier 5.5 so any current Lockbox ship, C-Store ship, and Fleet ship.