Captain
# 41
09-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spielman1 View Post
I do too but there is a difference between the player that tries and the player that has been playing for 2 or more years and still cant do the a simple STF properly, now yes there is more than one way to beat the STF more than one tactic to do the same thing. But when a player that has played for more than 2 years cant get it done with secondary is just horrible all I do is report that players that fail the simple secondary that simple. There really not that hard if you boil theme down and actually think ahead yourself.
So, if I comprehend this correctly, you are logging reports to GMs about people who do not adhere to your standards about how one ESTF should be done? Hmmm...no wonder AFKers and griefers are running amok all over the game with bogus reports gumming up the works.

BTW. Spell Check before pressing Reply would greatly improve the strength of your opinion. And the "no speakee da English" defense in invalid. I spent seven years in Europe and most of the non English speakers I met there were better at the language than most of the people I am around now.
Why do I enjoy JJTrek?

Because I can. Just sayin'
Captain
# 42
09-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post

1. Get all generators down to 2-5% then pop them all at once. This is the hardest one to achieve and requires a team who has worked together before and knows what they are doing. THIS STRATEGY WILL NOT WORK WITH A PUG GROUP!!!
It's 10%. 2-5% is too close to 0 and can be just 1 hit from a pet or FAW to blow it. Plus if you use beams it becomes really hard to get them to stop firing when you want them to because they fire in cycles.

That 10% strategy works in pugs and isnt really all that hard to do when everyone knows it. Last 4 pugs i did it worked. Best strategy is having someone with repulsors waiting by the gate just incase someone pops a generator early because of firing a long ass line of torp high yield and one or 2 of the others on the team cant DPS themselves out of a wet paper bag.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Commander
# 43
09-07-2013, 02:25 AM
BTW. Spell Check before pressing Reply would greatly improve the strength of your opinion. And the "no speakee da English" defense in invalid. I spent seven years in Europe and most of the non English speakers I met there were better at the language than most of the people I am around now.[/quote]

thunderfoot006
Saying and or insulting others in anyway will not be tolerated in this post this is your only warning.
Captain
# 44
09-07-2013, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I agree with a lot of the posters here. I will take a player who is trying their best over an Eliter who whines and complains that everyone isn't kow-towing to their specific strategy.

The classic example is in Infected:Conduit. There are two equally valid strategies to win.

1. Get all generators down to 2-5% then pop them all at once. This is the hardest one to achieve and requires a team who has worked together before and knows what they are doing. THIS STRATEGY WILL NOT WORK WITH A PUG GROUP!!!

2. Have 2-3 players on "gate guard" Killing the Nanite ships as they appear while the other 2-3 players slowly destroy the generators one at a time. USE THIS STRATEGY WITH PUG TEAMS! It allows for more independent playstyles and is actually more forgiving to new players who have never done this mission before. It only really requires 2 players to defend the gate. One if that player is an absolute DPS beast.

The most importaint point is that players who go into an open STF should expect that no one else have ever played the mission before. With practice and experience, even noobs can learn the tricks for achieveing success on even the optionals.
Number 3:

All or mostly high DPS ships, take the guards out, then take the left cube out, then take the gens out in rapid succession clockwise or counter clockwise, get the transformer down before nanites even get within 12k. Demolish the Spheres, switch sides, repeat, then gateway, then tac cube. Done properly this method actually yields infecteds that end with 9 minutes or more left on the clock (less than 6 minutes play time).

Sadly the STFs are all about DPS now.

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Survivor of Romulus
# 45
09-07-2013, 04:50 AM
There's a difference between Newb and Nub/Noob. Newbs are new to the game, therefore they must be taken in and shown the ropes. Nubs/Noobs are trollish bastards who think they're god's gift to the world and will get you killed and fail the mission.

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
Empire Veteran
# 46
09-07-2013, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spielman1 View Post
Saying and or insulting others in anyway will not be tolerated in this post this is your only warning.
I thought impersonating a mod or gm was against the rules
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-07-2013, 06:37 AM
As others have said, there is a difference between those who simply don't know the strats or make a dumb mistake, and those who just don't care, and when you try to teach them, the come back at you like everything is your fault.

But what really pisses me off is the AFK leechers, and that the GMs will do nothing about them. There are several well-known leechers in Mine Trap for example - if you see their names, you know your zone is boned because they will do nothing, and odds are that you'll have at least one person running around like a crack head meleeing tunnel entrances wherever they find them.... Something really, really needs to be done about the leechers!
Ensign
# 48
09-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Well said Recon. Well said indeed.

Those who yell the loudest about "bad players" usually are the bad players.
Ensign
# 49
09-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talore003 View Post
I don't have a problem with someone that tries and listens. I do have a problem with those that don't and continue to be a moron. Then again if I haven't done one of the STF's before I am not going to start with an elite hehe.

The Conduit is the most frustrating one because it is so simple to do but people still can't get it right or even try heh.
Talore, your response and those like yours give me hope. I have not tried this MMO yet, and have been trolling this topic to see how people "feel" about the game, and how they relate to the new players. The majority of the posts in this topic have given me hope that there are enough good folks in it to warrant my giving it a try. I will be totally a NEWB, but I am always willing to learn and take the instruction of good players. (not necessarily the ones who CLAIM to be good players, as I've found that those who brag the most, are the ones who often have no patience and who really cause more problems then they solve).

Anyway, thanks to all of those posters who have open minds and are willing to help others learn to be exceptional players by following your example.
Ensign
# 50
09-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampa4 View Post
I was thrown into that situation when I first started running STF Elites. In fact, at first, I either hated or was afraid to run them for a while. After running them for a few times with one of my fleets, and upgrading all of my equipment, I eventually got used to them and even started to enjoy running them! And believe it or not, I have become quite experienced running them! I will admit that the number of time I have been sunk in them has been hit and miss (between not being sunk at all and getting sunk every 5-10 seconds). But, I have truly gone from being a very inexperienced player to being a veteran in a short time! As such, I believe that it is very much possible that these players who are performing very poorly and then complaining about it are probably very green players that are only experienced in running the normal STFs. My advice, cut 'em some slack! Remember, we were all there at one point or another! Also, ask them what their current build is and give them advice on what they can do to improve upon them! Remember, YOU are the veteran and THEY are not!
Thanks Sampa4...you have an awesome attitude!