Rihannsu
# 11
09-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Actually, if someone with a respawn timer of 75 seconds or more would leave my STF and play something else, I'd be grateful.
Seriously though, people respawning over and over again, throwing themselves right back at the enemy without any clue whatsoever, only to blow up again in ten seconds... you'd think the increased respawn timer would give them a moment to re-think their... ahem... strategy.

Rika@Berserkerkitten
Fed-VA-Tac
Fleetless
Career Officer
# 12
09-07-2013, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
yeah its really stupid and it hurts the team.
Counter does not hurt the team; people who die too often, do.

Quote:
whenever i notice someone in a pug dying too much, i just leave.
As if leaving doesn't hurt the team. Long live leaver penalty!
Career Officer
# 13
09-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerkitten8 View Post
Seriously though, people respawning over and over again, throwing themselves right back at the enemy without any clue whatsoever, only to blow up again in ten seconds... you'd think the increased respawn timer would give them a moment to re-think their... ahem... strategy.
They *do* take a moment to think.. and then post on the forum to complain about the timer being unfair. Sigh.

To state the bloody obvious: if you're dying too much, try and figure out why: then fix the reason.

I hardly ever die; and I'm usually flying a Vesta. Not saying I *never* die; picture CSE: Borg Cube still in aft range (when I wasn't paying attention), and BoP in fore, both getting a Critical hit on me with heavy (or invisi-) torp, you sometimes bite the dust. Sh*t happens. But I'm usually amongst the last one standing. And that is nothing special really.

So, let's leave the counter 'as is,' and hope ppl will find other ways to fix their prolonged absence from the match, other than crying foul.
Captain
# 14
09-07-2013, 07:19 AM
it happened to me a lot til i got better equipment. On ground, I may die a lot on two maps... that's cure and infected. Khi varies, depending on the crit hits by the drones. I've done infected without dying and i've done it and died 10 times. It depends on you, your stuff and your team. Cure though, sigh... I've gone in with a bloody experienced team and killed him quickly and that same team has gone in and died several times.

Space, I die by being extremely overwhelmed or by a critical hit. Unless I decide to solo the gate and that's a 50/50 for me... heh. But when I was starting, I died a lot because my shields and armour were not up to snuff against the borg. then I got weapons, shields and armour designed to fight the borg. My death count went down and my kill count went way up.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
09-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
They *do* take a moment to think.. and then post on the forum to complain about the timer being unfair. Sigh.

To state the bloody obvious: if you're dying too much, try and figure out why: then fix the reason.

I hardly ever die; and I'm usually flying a Vesta. Not saying I *never* die; picture CSE: Borg Cube still in aft range (when I wasn't paying attention), and BoP in fore, both getting a Critical hit on me with heavy (or invisi-) torp, you sometimes bite the dust. Sh*t happens. But I'm usually amongst the last one standing. And that is nothing special really.

So, let's leave the counter 'as is,' and hope ppl will find other ways to fix their prolonged absence from the match, other than crying foul.
agree!!!!!

the problem is not the game... the problem is you(bad player), that is dying a lot
...now see my dedication plaque
USS PEACEMAKER
- NCC-511217-A
and Screenshot With Two Steps From Hell Music Mix
- Brazilian Fleet - lvl 20_Tier5 / Emb,DiliM,Spi lvl 9
Rihannsu
# 16
09-07-2013, 07:36 AM
And if you die a lot, the problem isn't even that difficult to fix. Are you playing an elite STF and your respawn timer is constantly at 75 seconds? Perhaps it's time to practice the non-elite versions for a bit, get better gear, come back to elite when you feel more confident about your setup. Dying on regular STFs too much? Then it's probably time to optimize your setup. There's a huge helpful community out there, lots of people are ready and willing to offer advice, decent gear is very affordable even to casual players - just take a few moments and fix some of the problems with your ship.

I don't believe reducing death penalty is the answer. Where's the fun in that? Where's the challenge when there are zero consequences to screwing up? Rush in, shoot, blow up, respawn, rinse, repeat. If mistakes are never punished, there's no reason to get better, no reason to come up with a better strategy and the game may as well just play itself.

Rika@Berserkerkitten
Fed-VA-Tac
Fleetless
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
09-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Many people forget that the average casual player, that makes up the majority of their player base by the way, is not necessarily a Trek geek.

Things that come naturaly for geeks often elude average people.

Usually if shown a geek mechanic an average person can get it thereafter.

However that would prevent the geeks from lording their vast and important knowledge over the average person. You never know when advanced MMO game mechanics might save someone in the RW.

I would suggest searching Youtube for video tutorials of the missions you are interested in.

Fortunateley the same hubris which makes people lord their l337 skills over new comers also drives them to post their missions on Youtube.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 09-07-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Commander
# 18
09-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Wait... so there's a higher death timer penalty AND a leaver penalty?

Tell me WHY I play STFs again?
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
09-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
If you're dying to the point your respawn timer is stupidly long, you're either playing HSE (before the fix in the latest patch at least) or are doing something terribly wrong.
Agreed.

Death penalty isn't harsh enough. Start it at 30 seconds and go from there, and that's coming from someone who spends 90% of his gameplay in a glass cannon with no hull heals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseahl View Post
Wait... so there's a higher death timer penalty AND a leaver penalty?

Tell me WHY I play STFs again?
Because they are a good source of dilithium, very easy, and very quick.
Improve your build, stop running in pugs, and be happy.
Rihannsu
# 20
09-07-2013, 09:11 AM
-deleted because I'm stupid

Rika@Berserkerkitten
Fed-VA-Tac
Fleetless

Last edited by berserkerkitten8; 09-07-2013 at 09:18 AM.