Captain
# 41
09-07-2013, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
I never said anything about Will Wheaton. I have seen some other things he has done since Wesley and he is not a bad actor.

The character Wesley was just bad to begin with and bringing bad back is usualy bad in itself. For one thing it reminds people of the bad character. Myself I don't want to be reminded of the bad character.

Now Nelix, he was intentionaly annoying and therefore was perfect in his role. Especialy when Tuvok and Nelix had dialougue. If you hate Nelix then you are playing in how the character was also meant to be. Either enjoy him because he is annoying or hate him for it.
About the only good thing he has done is give Sheldon a nemesis. To be fair to Wheaton, Wesley was annoying character and his role just pisses everyone off. I mean he makes the experienced officers look stupid by solving all the hard problems.

However, other actors have done better with such roles ... such as the kid who was in Seaquest DSV.
Republic Veteran
# 42
09-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
About the only good thing he has done is give Sheldon a nemesis. To be fair to Wheaton, Wesley was annoying character and his role just pisses everyone off. I mean he makes the experienced officers look stupid by solving all the hard problems.

However, other actors have done better with such roles ... such as the kid who was in Seaquest DSV.
Oh god I could not stand Jonathan Brandi on Seas Quest, and I guess he could not either which is why he offed himself. Wheaton was the butt of many jokes, but he embraced it and did not hang himself, and still does stuff with Felicia day and friends.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Career Officer
# 43
09-08-2013, 12:23 AM
He married The Traveler, adopted several Dominion War orphans, and moved to Risa
Captain
# 44
09-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
He married The Traveler, adopted several Dominion War orphans, and moved to Risa
That was an interesting relationship.
Lieutenant
# 45
09-08-2013, 12:37 AM
he may have "traveller effects" paradox, there is another guy, Barclay (?) he maybe also another paradox character.

i am not sure why Wil was pick for wesley role, he remind me of "Jon/John Waltons" with signifiant mole/birthmark, with a sense of "naive" from Waltons series.

i think Gene was doing again with Monkees's on selecting walter koenig as chakov. i think he got inspired when he was watching Waltons when creating new series for ST:TNG series.

it not wil's fault on his character, after Gene passed away, and several writers came up very short and wasnt interested with Wesley Crusher, they seem want him to fade away when they decide to send him to academy.

he is likeable guy, and some scripts he got was getting moody and tired from late night school studies, but he done with them and move on.

as far about Wesley Crusher's current location, he maybe somewhere deep exploring, and only that Admiral Sulu would know where he might be.
Rihannsu
# 46
09-08-2013, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshadow9498 View Post
However, as neither of these can be considered canon, his future (well out present) is still up in the air. (According to everything you see Trek, ONLY what is seen ON SCREEN can be considered canon, so no novels (even the novel for the movie), and obviously a deleted scene can't be considered.)
Well, from his appearance on screen in the Theatrical cut of Nemesis - all we know is that he came back...
# 47
09-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
I have only one thing to say to this thread

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d3wxJmjseEg

This one was pretty funny also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XD9P8bhYSA
Captain
# 48
09-08-2013, 01:59 PM
For the hatred towards him, he travelled to the dimension where the iconians were hiding and, convinced them to attack our galaxy thus resulting STO'S story..... he is our major enemy!!!!

Last edited by z3ndor99; 09-08-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: missed something