Lt. Commander
Hi, I've just bought a cell ship from the exchange and am finding the reset of the space skills UI really annoying every time you change your ship. Is there a work around for this?

It's going to kill the fun of having a freighter if I have to do his every time I switch to it and then back to my main ship. It's odd since the bridge stations stay the same, but the skills get moved around or totally removed from the UI.
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Yep, a new database.
Captain
# 3
09-08-2013, 02:55 PM
I've always considered a function that saves a ship 'profile' to be one of those little handy features that could save so much time.

Choose the profile you want once you have 'readied' a ship and bang, all the gear is on, all of the boff abilities are where you left them in the big tray and relevant space doffs are on duty (unless of course they are on other assignments).

Would such a feature be possible or easy to implement? I've no idea, I'm no programmer. It would be a great thing to have though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-08-2013, 02:58 PM
If only there was a 'lock tray' option.
Captain
# 5
09-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Yep, a new database.
Technically, a new database changes nothing. You'd need a new schema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
I've always considered a function that saves a ship 'profile' to be one of those little handy features that could save so much time.

Choose the profile you want once you have 'readied' a ship and bang, all the gear is on, all of the boff abilities are where you left them in the big tray and relevant space doffs are on duty (unless of course they are on other assignments).

Would such a feature be possible or easy to implement? I've no idea, I'm no programmer. It would be a great thing to have though.
It all depends on how the client is built.

We all know that Cryptic doesn't want to store even more data per character, so the only thing that seems likely is to store the information locally. And that could get pretty complicated - not just the implementation, but opening up the UI could also open up exploits.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-08-2013, 03:48 PM
That's a pity. To me it seems like basic functionality, present in most MMOs. As mentioned above a tray lock or profile save. So I have a ship that is I will go into frequently and have to reinstate all my skills manually every time. That's crazy.